Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adirondack Recolors

by iCad Posted 11th Jan 2012 at 10:33 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:47 AM
That weathered effect is quite nice! Thanks for this, my beaches will be more comfy.
*shrugs*
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:04 AM
A nice, warm Sim beach really is great for when it is cold outside in Real Life. (Though I'd much rather be at the real thing. )

These look great! Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:43 AM
It's summer down here and our winters are mild, so my Simmies, as myself, are used to enjoy the outside all year round! The Adirondack furniture is my favorite. Thank you for these lovely recolors.
Demon Sheep
#5 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 2:08 AM
Gah. I try not to download much these days, but these are too pretty to resist. It's the dang "sunshine" cushions that roped me in. They look so inviting on that lovely white wooden chair. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:29 AM
Oh, these are great! I too have a "tropical" hood and I don't have BV, so my selection of appropriate objects is limited. I was hoping someone would recolor the Adirondack set. The Maxis cushions are fugly and I'm a novice at recolors. Thank you thank you thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:36 AM
So many colors and all of them are gorgeous!! NOW I can use this set.
Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:41 AM
I've been after something like this for ages, thank you! Of course I downloaded the lot, how to choose which colours?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:41 PM
I've wanted different cushions for a long time. These are great - thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:24 PM
Ooooo, me likey! These recolors are more true to the colors of Adirondack chairs I see in everyday life, so this is fantastic! My beach simmies will be thrilled!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 4:00 PM
Oh, these are wonderful! I've always wanted the end table in a different color, but to have cushion recolors, too, is the icing on the cake. I love the weathered white recolor as well. Thank you many times over. :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 6:22 PM
Oooo....Now where were these when I was in my Cape Cod building mode?

Brilliant texturing! And I love the broad range of colours!

Thanks Icad!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 6:55 PM
Wow, beautiful recolors ! I love them all. Thanks for sharing
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 9:14 PM
Aw, thank you all for the comments. It makes my day when people find the stuff I make useful. I was actually surprised not to find cushion recolors when I looked for them because...Yeah, the EAxis ones are fugly. (CAMOUFLAGE? WTF?) And decidedly not-Adirondacky, to boot.

@fanseelamb: I'll consider it payback for all your awesome stuff for guys that I have. As for that "Sunshine" color, it and the "Slate" color along with the greens ('cuz green is my favorite color) are probably my favorites of the bunch. It's weird because yellow truly isn't my favorite color in the world, but there's something about that particular light, lemon-y shade that...Well, I would like to live in the house I built that coordinates with that color. It's so sunny and airy and happy-looking.

@MSD: Oh, wouldn't we all like to be at the real beach? Unfortunately, if I want beach, I have to drive 1,000 miles out to California or down to Mexico. One of the (very) few things I miss about living in NYC (and often being in LA) is the ocean proximity. But...but...The mountains are pretty here! Yeah, that's it... *grumbles* So yeah, Simming beachy places is about as close as I can get, I'm afraid.

@StephSim: Well, you should have yelled at me when you were in Cape Cod mode. Because, yeah, Adirondack stuff is way more made for Cape Cod building than Caribbean-esque, but...meh. I like it, so it's what I'm using, darnit!

@SimCeleste: I hate you. OK, so I don't hate you. I just seriously envy the climate you live in. Yeah, yeah, I do love my mountains, but the 8-month-long winter at my altitude is not for the faint-of-heart. But when I was younger, I took a really, REALLY long vacation on Barbados, and that totally spoiled me for places where it's warm all the time. *sigh* I'm going to retire to Barbados, I think...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 12:12 AM
Finally! Someone recolors the Adirondacks! Thanks iCAD!
Former Hamster
#16 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 7:38 AM
iCad, there ARE cushion recolors if you look hard enough for them. However, yours rock and will be replacing the ones that I have. I really, really like the stripes. Thank you very muchly.

P.S. I like the frame recolors, too. If you wanted to do more, I wouldn't complain.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:53 PM Last edited by SingleClawDesigns : 14th Jan 2012 at 1:40 AM.
I love love love the solids as i'm not a fan of patterns on most things (too country feeling for my modern sensibilities) So definitely grabbing these. Are the colors hexs listed on your LJ? (I believe that's where I found your wood color codes) because I could totally recolor objects with these colors.

ETA: Or are these colors from your totally plastered sets?
Gone Fishin'
#18 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:01 PM
Here, the weather outside is frightful (well, actually it's perfectly normal Swedish January weather, it's just that it's been unusually warm until now and we've become spoiled ), but this makes me think of warm and sunny summer days on the beach. And I love the striped cushions! I didn't know this set could look this good - thank you!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 9:34 PM
Whee, more comments. Y'all are wonderful. Thank you.

@SingleClawDesigns: Yep, some of the colors are lifted from the Totally Plastered sets, some from my "Plasters of Paradise," and some are just colors I wanted and that ended up coordinating with one or the other because with all the Totally Plastereds...Well, something's bound to match somewhere. I don't have a hex list, but I still have the PSDs somewhere on the ol' backup cube, so I can certainly find out what they are. I'll do that and PM 'em to you?

@MLC: I did find some cushion recolors, yes...but not exactly what I wanted. (Because really, if someone else's brain was working like mine, that'd be scary. ) But yes, there are some nice ones out there. As for more wood colors...Don't tempt me, woman! ...Well, actually I have made a few, both "weathered" and not, in a few of my wood colors for my own not-really-beachy uses. I could share 'em, too.

Incidentally, you moratorium-breaker you, I've been having a LOT of fun with your stairs. *evil grin* I wish they were modular, but I imagine that'd be hella tough to do...and then the rails couldn't be separate, either, and I LOVE that deal... But yeah, LOTS of fun. I wuv 'em. :D

@Nix: So, Sweden and Colorado have something in common, then? Our autumn (Which is really part of our winter, as is this theoretical thing called "spring") was brutal. TONS of snow starting in early October and bitterly cold. But January's been really mild so far. In fact, it's gotten up into the 50s lately and all the snow from the "autumn" is actually melting...which is a bad thing because avalanches happen when the snow goes melty and unstable and avalanches are bad. (Um, that's Fahrenheit, obviously. The 50sF is what...The low teens, Celsius?) I think the Weather Gods wanted to dump hate on me for my son's wedding last month and then they turned around and spited me by making January so mild. Still, it's not warm enough to make me not long to be on this Sim-beach here... *sigh*
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
These are awesome,I love both the textures and the color palette you have used.It would really be great to see more frame recolors-actually nengi65 has made a great default replacement for the end table and the chaise,so that they take their textures from the seating as they should (it's here ,and there's also a lovely matching dining set here ).Thank you very much for these and all the great stuff you make!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 11:19 PM
Quote:
I could share 'em, too.

Yes please.

P.S. Glad you like the stairs.
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flake4
These are awesome,I love both the textures and the color palette you have used.It would really be great to see more frame recolors-actually nengi65 has made a great default replacement for the end table and the chaise,so that they take their textures from the seating as they should (it's here ,and there's also a lovely matching dining set here ).Thank you very much for these and all the great stuff you make!

Oh, fabulous! Trust Nengi to make things right. Thanks so much for the heads-up! Especially for that dining set, which was greatly needed...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 1:08 AM
I read this whole thread - looking for someone to mention Nengi's set - and there it is, the post, right at the bottom. Dang. I was getting excited that I might have some useful information to impart... *sigh*

These colors are fabu!!! (And will look great on my whole set!)
Thank you iCad (and Nengi)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:53 PM
This has been needed for a long time. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 9:11 AM
You are so awesome. I hate their recolours too.
Page 1 of 2