Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Valentine stubble - add a new age group to your game

by billielith Posted 29th Mar 2012 at 5:13 PM - Updated 12th May 2022 at 4:42 PM by billielith

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 6:31 PM
Oooh, these look fabulous! And I love that you've included binned and merged options. Those are the ones for me. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:03 PM
Nice stubbles . . . Very cool and stylish . . . I've also downloaded the binned and merged option. Thanks a lot for sharing . . .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:51 PM
Sexy!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM Last edited by billielith : 15th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM.
Hey there fansee, Shine Waterice and TofuSnorlax (interesting name, lol), glad that you like them, and it's kind of you to stop by and leave comments.

I started from the stubble I made for Rudy, and made changes because it was too similar to the Maxis stubble and rather pointless as it was.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:59 AM
I totally agree with you about the lack of a proper "middle-age." The salt and pepper beards look great! I'm really excited to see what you come up with.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:58 AM
I love your selling points.. you sold me I'm sold. thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
I'm glad someone else thinks like me regarding the gap between adults and elders!

I'm looking forward to see what else you'll come up with!

Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 8:25 AM Last edited by billielith : 30th Mar 2012 at 5:33 PM.
Selling points? lol. Thanks DGV441982. Sometimes I wish Maxis would give creators here, a part of their profits. :P

Thanks a lot hlvspomtactfr and SimCeleste. I started working on the last part of this set. We should have some new male hair soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 9:53 AM
Literally in this past month I've been scouring the web for salt and pepper hairstyles, beards etc. And then you go and make this just in time! Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 10:28 AM Last edited by billielith : 30th Mar 2012 at 4:26 PM.
hey, glad that you like!

They are difficult to find. Heck, now that I've made a short research for examples for my next project, and looked at pictures of George Clooney, Ben Stiller, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kate Moss and other people wearing their grey hair proudly, I feel like I've neglected my greys a lot when I made my previous hairs. Grey can be really gorgeous!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 11:22 AM
This is great looking stubble. I downloaded the trash heap since a lot of my guy hair is unbinned. I'm looking forward to your SP hairs. I think having an age between adult and elder is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your creations with us.
Bowties are cool.
#13 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:04 PM
Oh, these look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 4:20 PM
hi there, Dsydk11 and MistyBlue, thank you!
I am glad that people are starting to gain more enthousiasm for greying sims now. This set adds some purpose to the Salt n Pepper eyebrows I posted previously.

Dsydk11 will you believe it? At some point I spent a whole afternoon binning all the unbinned hair I had with Theo's binning tool. There's also CatOfEvilGenius who made a program to bin hair with no need of SimPE.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
I really like the realistic unevenness of the stubble and also the salt-and-pepper options. There has indeed been a real gap in age appropriate hair for male Sims, something StephSim and I really noticed when she was building my self-Sims. This is a great project billielith - thank you and well done!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 8:20 PM Last edited by StephSim : 31st Mar 2012 at 1:53 AM.
Most excellent! Loving the stubble set in it's entirety...but the Salt-&-pepper is definitely a must have! Uploads that are unique and/or fill in the gaps created by Maxis are definitely worthy of all the accolades bestowed upon them! I'm looking forward to your hairs!

Question (not a request , but a curiosity): Are you creating beards as well? If not, I'm guessing that I will be able to mix-n-match the stubble with solid beards for a more full look as well. I shall play with the sets at any rate.

Congrats and thank you immensely for the time and dedication you put into this project. It is greatly appreciated!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 10:49 PM
Great graying stubble set! Can't wait for the graying hair one.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 1:40 AM
Fantastic job! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:15 AM Last edited by billielith : 31st Mar 2012 at 6:22 AM.
Thank you very much Sophie-David, StephSim, billymj and AlfredAskew (I love your 'Natural Scruff for real sims', especially the one with just the 'goatee' part, I use it a lot), it is kind of you to stop by and comment. I'm so glad that you like this. I hope you will like the hair I am making to complete this set.

And StephSim, that's a great idea, I don't usually accept requests but beards are just the next door to this; I will make a set. Meanwhile the 4 main colors here can be used along with Phaenoh's Stache Blast set.
Gone Fishin'
#20 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:45 AM
Thank you for this! They look great! I'm always adding a dash of silver to my gentlemen Sims' hair and beards (along with some facial lines and puckers) to age them up a bit; I think it's silly that Sims seem to jump from 30 straight to 80. And grey temples have a certain charm. I'm greatly looking forward to the hairs (and possible beards)!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:06 AM Last edited by billielith : 15th Apr 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Hi NixNivis, thank you! How do you add that dash of silver? Do you edit the hair and beards yourself? You should upload some! More greying options is always good.

I have started making the hair, we'll have two. With grey temples indeed.
As for 'possible beards' and other facial fuzz fantasies, it has been started too, lol. And as my projects can't seem to stay simple, we won't have one set but 4. :P

Edit: it won't be 4. but 3, lol.
Edit: 3 became 2 became 1. It came close to go to 0, but the soul patches look good (contrarily to the rest of my attempts for beards), especially the greying ones, so I decided to keep them.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 3:37 PM
billielith

Quote: Originally posted by billielith
As for 'possible beards' and other facial fuzz fantasies, it has been started too, lol. And as my projects can't seem to stay simple, we won't have one set but 4.

Oo...It really was a question of curiosity...and not a request. Since you let us know that your next project would be hair, I wasn't sure if you were planning on beards after that. BUT...I am most happy you are taking on the beards as well! Thank you immensely for the project extension. It will be the Complete No Valentine Makeover set as a result!

I can relate to projects not staying simple. Which is why I take Sim Creation Vacations (I like saying that...you'd think I was going on holiday in a Simulated world)!

Thank you for these and for what is to come billileth.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 5:48 PM Last edited by billielith : 15th Apr 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Thanks to you StephSim for all the kindness!

'The Complete No Valentine Makeover', nice name there, lmao. Sim Creation Vacations. This is what happens usually when my real life is going crazy; which is sooo not vacations, lol. My vacations are here when I am doing this. :P

The whole 'No Valentine' stuff was supposed to be a mini project done in a day or two, lol. My first intention was to expand Rudy's sim's hair, stubble and eyebrows in sets and that's it.
The Great AntiJen
#24 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 10:47 AM
I already do middle-aged sims but there's not too much out there for silvering hair and wrinkles so THANKS - a nice addition and will give me some variety.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:53 PM
Thanks maxon, glad you like. I've honestly never seen any other, lol. Now if you and other people who know some other silvering hair and stuff would just link me, I would put these links in the related pages here. :P
Page 1 of 2