Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 New Sliders for Horses

by PharaohHound Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 8:17 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:22 PM by PharaohHound : verify 1.55 compatible

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 8:23 PM
PH, you are spoiling us with these amazing sliders! Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 9:25 PM
Will you marry me, PH? :D
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 9:37 PM
Glad you like them, SIMu!

I'd love to, Rockerduck, but spladoum has already stolen my little houndish heart.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 9:57 PM
Wonderful as always.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 10:17 PM
These are great. And I'm curious, is it possible to do a slider that changes the back length of the horses? Or would it mess with the animation?
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 10:33 PM
Thanks SFD

EliDawn - thanks! I honestly have no idea about that, you should try it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:19 AM
Awesome job!!! Looking forward to the king of them all the height sliders!! ^^

BTW who is spladoum? ;-) Found LOL. Awesome!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Thanks SFD

EliDawn - thanks! I honestly have no idea about that, you should try it!

I think I will try that. I'll expect some very strange results while working on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:46 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME!!! How about a tail length slider for horses? Pretty please. :-)
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 6:49 PM
Thanks FayleForceM! I did "accidentally" experiment with tail length while I was making my tail thickness sliders, I didn't really see a lot of value in it given that we already have three different tail lengths from EA. If you ever wanted to try making it though, I'd be happy to help if you get stuck anywhere.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 3:31 AM
Thanks FayleForceM! I did "accidentally" experiment with tail length while I was making my tail thickness sliders, I didn't really see a lot of value in it given that we already have three different tail lengths from EA. If you ever wanted to try making it though, I'd be happy to help if you get stuck anywhere.

Thanks! I'm wanting a longer tail than the longest one available in the game, but I have no idea whatsoever how to make my own! I've seen Gypsy Vanners and other show horses whose tails drag the ground. But I'm very happy with the sliders you've already done and, to repeat myself, YOU ARE AWESOME!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:29 AM
You're awesome, thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:43 AM
Fantastic sliders! This will go nicely with the little pony-sizer to make chubby bellied Shetlands! THANK you!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GayleForceM
Thanks! I'm wanting a longer tail than the longest one available in the game, but I have no idea whatsoever how to make my own! I've seen Gypsy Vanners and other show horses whose tails drag the ground. But I'm very happy with the sliders you've already done and, to repeat myself, YOU ARE AWESOME!

Theoretically, you would be able to make a slider for a longer tail that drags on the ground, the problem is that the end would be permanently bent up, even if the horse lifted its tail. A slider for longer tail simply makes the thing keep going straight through the ground, which I assume is not the effect you're going for. If you want to try making a slider, check out CmarNYC's fabulous tutorial.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:39 PM
A slider for longer tail simply makes the thing keep going straight through the ground, which I assume is not the effect you're going for. If you want to try making a slider, check out CmarNYC's fabulous tutorial.

Thank you for explaining that for me. You are correct, a tail that goes straight down into the ground is not what I'm going for. If I get really, really brave though, I'll take a look at CmarNYC's tutor. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:36 PM
I would download this if I was on my actual PC. Amazing job
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Cho de Gier : 8th Oct 2015 at 9:19 AM.
Thanks! I'm wanting a longer tail than the longest one available in the game, but I have no idea whatsoever how to make my own! I've seen a friesian mares and other horses whose tails drag the ground. But I'm very happy with the sliders you've already done and, to repeat myself, YOU ARE AWESOME! Now i can make a a truly my favorite horse like sim version make.
who really like her because she is a really small horse (she is about 1.55 meter at the shoulder) with a rather long tail and mane
(she is a mare that is a Dutch Warmblood horse that three-quarters thoroughbred blood in the veins because of those high withers of its).
You should always braid her manes because otherwise her manes will be tangled in the reins . she has such long mane braiding that the only way to ensure that her manes are not tangled in the reins.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:52 PM
Do these sliders also work with the 1.38 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:13 PM
How about an size slider who can change the horse length? beacuse it's pretty annoying when the horse body is to long :/
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:32 PM
LadyLanah - I assume you meant 1.48? Either way, yes.

ingolover - I don't take requests. But you should try making one.

simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:02 PM
Fantastic idea! Thank you. [:
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 2:45 PM
It's so nice to see that there are people out there that have actually seen some real animals. I really don't know how EA could have thought their sliders would be sufficient... the "thank you" goes without saying for these are awesome!

I've updated my game to 1.50 and your sliders work fine for me (don't have the leg-scale one though)
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:13 PM
Thanks for your feedback, ninini. I really appreciate such thoughtful comments! I'll add the 1.50 compatibility into the main post.

simblr
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 7:36 PM
Default Hello
I saw these once and was so excited to use them. I believe they are greatly needed, But is there any way you could update them to be comparable with version 1.67? I would love to have these in my game play. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Have a great day.
Page 1 of 2