Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Easy STBL Manager - game strings translations utility

by CmarNYC Posted 20th Oct 2012 at 2:40 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:44 PM by Nysha

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:50 PM
This is awesome! Thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 9:10 PM
Thank you :-*
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:33 PM
I like the icon!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:23 AM
Sweet, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 6:24 AM
Very useful utility, more simple, fast and ergonomic than those that I have.
Many thanks ! \o/
Banned
#7 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 7:43 AM
I don't understand based on your information you provided. Can this edit in-game stbls? Or is it just simply a translation tool?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 9:19 AM
It could be used to edit EA STBLs, although I don't recommend modifying the game packages. One of the things I'm thinking of for a future version is the ability to search for and extract strings for overrides. At present the main purpose of the tool is to manage translations in mod packages.

Does that answer your question?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:03 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 23rd Oct 2012 at 4:49 AM.
I found that in Edit Translation windows, when we click Copy to Blank then Commit, it doing nothing.

EDIT: I solve it by deleting existing untranslated strings in S3PE first, then I use this program to re-add strings and copy to empty translations. Done

Thank you so much for this, really save me a lot of time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:20 AM
Thank you veeeeery much!!!
I love this utility.(-:
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:53 PM
Your utility it´s good to translate mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 11:10 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:41 AM
Default Thanks!
thanks ^^
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 5:12 PM
I want to add HUN translations to my package files. I already did and saved the rewrited txt, but I don't get it what's the "KEY TEXT TO HASH'' for? Where can I get that address? ..or localization thing ??? I really need help?

Can I add my lingo to the packs and see them in the game? How help! PLS!? I did see that linked heling guide or tutorial but I lost at that point... Localization? but where..?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PorcelainMelody
I want to add HUN translations to my package files. I already did and saved the rewrited txt, but I don't get it what's the "KEY TEXT TO HASH'' for? Where can I get that address? ..or localization thing ??? I really need help?

Can I add my lingo to the packs and see them in the game? How help! PLS!? I did see that linked heling guide or tutorial but I lost at that point... Localization? but where..?

The key text is in the code of a script mod, or in the code of the game itself. It's text used to refer to the text actually displayed in the game. You have to know what it is or be able to find it in the code or by using a deassembler to get the code.

What exactly do you want to do with this? If you're using it with script mods you've written you should have the key texts. If you want to use it with script mods from other creators, they have to have been written to use localization (the ability to use more than one language) and you'd need to get the Kay text like I said.

Localization is too complicated to explain here. You should really try going through the tutorial again.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:33 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 8:58 AM
Thanks
Banned
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:23 AM
There is the professional center of translations https://alconost.com/en/services/website-translation. It offers service of a high-quality translation of your websites or technical translations into more than 60 languages. I would highly recommend these professionals!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thomas3232
There is the professional center of translations https://alconost.com/en/services/website-translation. It offers service of a high-quality translation of your websites or technical translations into more than 60 languages. I would highly recommend these professionals!

That might be helpful if we didn't have to pay for the translations.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#20 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 12:21 PM
Heya! I've been using this tool for quite a bit, but did notice a small bug that actually blocks me from saving my package :/

So, whenever I delete an entry string, I noticed that it will return the following error whenever I try to save:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Xmods.DataLib.STBL.WriteSTBL(BinaryWriter bw)
   at EasySTBLmanager.MainForm.UpdatePackageResources()
   at EasySTBLmanager.MainForm.PackageSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just a small walk-through of how I'm deleting an existing stbl entry:

1. Click on the Strings List tab
2. Then, (In my case this was the bottom entry) click edit
3. Click Delete string
4. Trying to save the package now throws this error :/

The package is also not open in S3PE or used by any other programs. Let me know if you need some more info!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Heya! I've been using this tool for quite a bit, but did notice a small bug that actually blocks me from saving my package :/

So, whenever I delete an entry string, I noticed that it will return the following error whenever I try to save:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Xmods.DataLib.STBL.WriteSTBL(BinaryWriter bw)
   at EasySTBLmanager.MainForm.UpdatePackageResources()
   at EasySTBLmanager.MainForm.PackageSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just a small walk-through of how I'm deleting an existing stbl entry:

1. Click on the Strings List tab
2. Then, (In my case this was the bottom entry) click edit
3. Click Delete string
4. Trying to save the package now throws this error :/

The package is also not open in S3PE or used by any other programs. Let me know if you need some more info!

This tool is so old it took me some time just to find my code! I must have been tinkering with it years ago or something because my copy doesn't seem to delete at all - maybe I was trying to fix this problem; I don't remember what if anything I was doing with it. Anyway, it'll take me a little while to figure out what's going on and test a new version.

Virtual gardener
#22 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This tool is so old it took me some time just to find my code! I must have been tinkering with it years ago or something because my copy doesn't seem to delete at all - maybe I was trying to fix this problem; I don't remember what if anything I was doing with it. Anyway, it'll take me a little while to figure out what's going on and test a new version.
No problem! Thanks for coming back to it! I was even surprised you noticed the bug report! :p being a programmer myself, I know tinkering with things from years ago is incredibly confusing. But figured I'd just let you know! Currently, I'm deleting them with just S3PE, which is fine with me
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
No problem! Thanks for coming back to it! I was even surprised you noticed the bug report! :p being a programmer myself, I know tinkering with things from years ago is incredibly confusing. But figured I'd just let you know! Currently, I'm deleting them with just S3PE, which is fine with me

Thanks for the programmer empathy, lol! Yeah, this was a blast from the past.

Anyway, I think it's fixed plus some minor cosmetic improvements. If you could test this out a bit in case I missed something and let me know that would be great. :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EasySTBLmanager_1_1_0_0.zip (289.4 KB, 31 downloads)

Virtual gardener
#24 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 6:27 PM

Anyway, I think it's fixed plus some minor cosmetic improvements. If you could test this out a bit in case I missed something and let me know that would be great. :D
Awesome! I'll check it out soon and let you know!  Thanks for even doing this! I really appreciate it! :D
Virtual gardener
#25 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:25 PM

SUPER late! But tested it and it seeeeems to work? I didn't see any errors at least

Thanks for doing this btw!
Page 1 of 2