Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pixel Anachronisms: Six TS3 Single Beds, Made Awesome

by Nysha Posted 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:32 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2013 at 7:08 PM by Nysha

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:51 AM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Nov 2012 at 6:21 AM.
Oh no you didn't ! Oh yes you did, this is great, wonderful and I feel just like you, I have always wanted some other styles in a single bed for my Sims. Thanks so much :lovestruc

A question Please what is the comfort and energy level for these single beds ? And will it work with Lord Darcy high comfort and energy for maxis beds or not ?
If your beds have a good comfort and energy level then I will not have to worry about it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:51 AM
Wow! These are fantastic! I'm of the same mind, the game needed more decent single beds! Thank you for uploading!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:56 AM
Aw, thanks! Love them.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 6:35 AM
Great job! Looking forward to many more great conversions from you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 8:32 AM
A good single bed is always a worthy find in my eyes - so six of them are six time worthier. In other words: I'm a compulsive single-bed collector.
And I am so grateful for these.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 8:51 AM
Awesome, I hope you convert more beds from sims 3 .
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:20 AM
Simonut, I forget the exact comfort and energy values for these, but I can check later when I get home - they range from 1/3 (for the Issa bed, seeing as how it's so cheap and scabby), to around 6/7 for the fancier beds, I doubt that Lord Darcy's patch will affect these, though it's not impossible.

Glad you all like them .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:21 AM
Thanks for these, white. I've gone back to playing TS2 because even after all the expansions, I'm thoroughly bored with TS3 (and fed up with all the bugs, and pudding sims, and rabbitholes, and sheer general lack of charm). I'd like to have the boat bed and horsehead bed in my TS2 game, so these will be a great addition.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 12:58 PM
Nicely done, thanks for these.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:16 PM
Wow, thank you, will be downloading these when I get home from work
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 1:49 PM
These are lovely! I just love all the TS3 to TS2 conversions!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:17 PM
Yay! More stuff for us TS2 players to lap up!

I had to laugh at your *description* of that funky nautical bed (whose existence I was unaware of as I have never played TS3) because it seems to capture the way I feel about a vast majority of the themed content bestowed on us by dear EA. I swear, if there were a prize for taking a basic premise & stretching it to its most ludicrously impractical conclusion, the winners of said prize would most assuredly be the EA/Maxis design team!

"You known what would be fun? A nautical-like theme."
"Cool! And the bed has cute little pictures of things like anchors & starfish on it- right?"
"Are you kidding?! Screw that! Gimme full rigging, man!"

Nice to see that they kept up the tradition with TS3...if *nice* is the right word...

Anyway, thanks for the downloads & the laugh!

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yay! I love TS3 to TS2 conversions! Especially since I can't run TS3 on my laptop anymore Thanks so much for all your hard work
Former Hamster
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 4:23 PM
Very awesome. Thank you.

Any chance of double bed versions of some of them? (I'd be willing to help with that if you want...) Not sure if any of them have already been done as double beds though.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 4:28 PM
Oh my. I love these!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 4:36 PM
A few of them have been done, mlc: http://322cdb.livejournal.com/tag/-comfort%3A%20beds

The others are certainly on my list, but I don't feel so limited by the available double beds in TS2, so they're not a top priority. I'd be delighted to work with you on them, though - perhaps let me know what you had in mind via PM?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 6:17 PM
These are all great, thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 6:57 PM
Love these conversions!

By the way, Simonut, if you use Marhis' hack "Same energy gain for all beds", it will undoubtedly apply to these beds: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=320275
Quote:
it's a a global mod, therefore it works the same on every neighborhood and lot.
It provides the same energy gain rate on any bed in game, regardless they're Maxis or custom, overriding their settings.
Children have a different (slower) energy gain rate, compared to adults, teens and elders.
Comfort gain rate, on the other hand, is not modified: it will be the original one, built in with the bed.
The energy rating value advertised in the catalog will still be shown as the original value, but it will matter no more.

I've never been without that mod. It works with custom and Maxis beds alike.
*shrugs*
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 7:23 PM
I love TS3-to-TS2 Conversions. Great job! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 7:26 PM
Fantastic! Thank you so, so much for sharing!
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 8:57 PM
Awesome, white! Thank ya!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Love these conversions!

By the way, Simonut, if you use Marhis' hack "Same energy gain for all beds", it will undoubtedly apply to these beds: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=320275
I've never been without that mod. It works with custom and Maxis beds alike

Thanks FranH, for the tip I have try Marhis hack I do not like the way it work, I had "Big problems" with it, because it change the Sim behaviors and affected my game. I rather stick with Lord Darcy who I have been using for years and trust. His beds do not change the Sims behavior pattern, it just give more level of energy comfort for the bed.

But I so love what Whiterider had done here with sharing a different style for single.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Gone Fishin'
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:57 PM
Thank you for these! I, too, never have enough single beds for my Sims, so these are a welcome addition indeed.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:35 PM
I couldn't agree more. Most single beds in TS2 are awful, and I find myself using the same 2-3 in every household. In the past I didn't mind my houses looking the same, but nowadays I do like some variety so these will come in handy. Thanks a lot!

I especially love that you matched the colors with Malm, as IKEA-items are what I use pretty much always. On top of that, it means I'll always have furniture that matches if I want to be matchy-matchy =P
Page 1 of 4