Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Violin and Guitar Bugfixes v10

by scumbumbo Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:41 AM - Updated 17th Apr 2019 at 8:15 PM by scumbumbo : Version 10 - Updated for Apr 16, 2019 game patch

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:03 AM
Wow! Great to have this fixed. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:41 AM
Thanks for the quick response to my 'bug report' in Keep Instruments in Inventory mod. Cheers!

Edit:
You've fixed most of the bugs I'd encountered in my game play.
Whim for Jam on a guitar has bug, too. Not sure it's fixed by you or not. I'll take a look!

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:13 AM
Awesome! Will this fix the jingles bug ?
Deceased
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:16 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tallguy
Awesome! Will this fix the jingles bug ?

No it does not, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Edit: OK, I've looked at it and that's a tough one! It would be easy enough to cure the symptom, but curing the disease itself might be more difficult. I'm still looking through the script code to see if curing the disease itself is necessary - just fixing the symptom may be adequate.
Deceased
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
Thanks for the quick response to my 'bug report' in Keep Instruments in Inventory mod. Cheers!

Edit:
You've fixed most of the bugs I'd encountered in my game play.
Whim for Jam on a guitar has bug, too. Not sure it's fixed by you or not. I'll take a look!

No problem. I didn't notice a bug in the jam action, but I'll look into that tomorrow as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:22 AM
Brilliant catch and fix!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 3:15 PM
You're doing the lord's work! And by lord's work, I mean EA's.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:06 PM
Thanks very much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
No problem. I didn't notice a bug in the jam action, but I'll look into that tomorrow as well.

Fixed that bug and a number of others -- still working on yet more! I'll be uploading an updated version of the mod later today.
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 1:25 AM
Version 2 adds fixes for serenade, bring to tears and jam whims. In addition the bug preventing jingle writing after quitting and rejoining the musician career branch is addressed.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:27 AM
Fixed that bug and a number of others -- still working on yet more! I'll be uploading an updated version of the mod later today.

Great job! You are marvelous!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 8:24 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 6:09 PM
This looks great. I have another problem involving the violin that I don't see listed here, so I was wondering if you might be able to have a look at it. When I tell my sim to write a song, then tell her to stop or do something else, she just keeps writing until one of her needs gets into the red and forces her to stop writing the song. I have had to reset the sim each time I want her to stop composing.. lol. I haven't used any of the other instruments yet, so I can't comment on whether it's isolated to the violin or affects others as well.
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 1:52 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 1st Dec 2014 at 9:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by meaghost
This looks great. I have another problem involving the violin that I don't see listed here, so I was wondering if you might be able to have a look at it. When I tell my sim to write a song, then tell her to stop or do something else, she just keeps writing until one of her needs gets into the red and forces her to stop writing the song. I have had to reset the sim each time I want her to stop composing.. lol. I haven't used any of the other instruments yet, so I can't comment on whether it's isolated to the violin or affects others as well.

I must admit I haven't looked into why this happens like that, but you're right it can be annoying. There is an easier way to get them to stop than to reset the sim - click on the song-writing action to cancel it first and then queue another action (if you don't have something in particular you want them to do, just click the ground near them and tell them to go there). Once another action is queued, the song-writing cancellation should take effect. And yes, that affects all of the instruments.

Edit: Fixed and tested. Version 3 now includes a fix for this bug on all instruments. Remember to delete the old version when you update!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 11:43 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 12:47 PM
great thnx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 11:44 AM
This is much appreciated. Thorough as usual!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:27 AM
Thanks, I was really frustrated with some of the bugs you fixed, thought I was doing something wrong. :)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 2:57 PM
I must admit I haven't looked into why this happens like that, but you're right it can be annoying. There is an easier way to get them to stop than to reset the sim - click on the song-writing action to cancel it first and then queue another action (if you don't have something in particular you want them to do, just click the ground near them and tell them to go there). Once another action is queued, the song-writing cancellation should take effect. And yes, that affects all of the instruments.

Edit: Fixed and tested. Version 3 now includes a fix for this bug on all instruments. Remember to delete the old version when you update!

Thank you!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 12:39 AM
Brilliant! Thnx 4 sharing
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 1:26 PM
thanks for everything you do to make sims4 a better game!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:34 AM
Will this need updating, with today's 12-16 patch? or is it good to go...?
Deceased
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:46 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 17th Dec 2014 at 3:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
Will this need updating, with today's 12-16 patch? or is it good to go...?

I've checked the mod and everything is fine with the December 16 patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:29 PM
Great!! Thanks. :)
Page 1 of 4