Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 12:01 AM
Default The No Money & a Baby challenge!
Hey everyone! Thank you for clicking, and welcome to the 'No Money & a Baby Challenge' for Sims 4!

This works best with Outdoor Retreat, but should work just fine with only the base game.

To the best of my knowledge, a challenge like this hasn't been made before... But if it has, I'm doing another one!

Anyway, without further hesitation, here is the challenge:

Story.

*Names are obviously whatever you want, but I'm using the names of the sims I used in this challenge*

In Sunset Valley, lived a young girl named Kacie Debois. She was more or less happy throughout her life, though she never got along with her somewhat snooty mother. When Kacie was in her teenage years, she fell in love with the handsome and mysterious boy from down the street; Justin Lawns. Justin was your classic bad-boy, leather jacket, black hair, tattoos, bottle of spray paint in one hand and a smoke in the other. Kacie saw him for his true self though; she saw the good heart inside him, she admired his strong will and creativity. It didn't take long for Kacie to fall head over heals for Justin, and Justin was falling pretty hard, too. Needless to say, Kacie's mother did not approve of this romance; which just made their mother-daughter relationship worse.

Kacie thought about running away numerous times, but before she knew it, she was a young adult, and she was finally free! After a fight with her mother on her 18th birthday, Kacie and Justin eloped, and headed for their new life, in the distant town of Willow Creek.

When they arrived, they were homeless with only $750, but they knew they'd make it through if they had each other, and Kacie was determined to prove her mother wrong. But soon there was a new worry between them; Kacie finds out that she has a new life growing inside her. Can she really be pregnant? Justin and Kacie are happy to be parents-to-be .... But how the Hell are they ever going to live with no money and a baby?

Setup.

*Start out with a married couple, both young adults. Make their traits whatever you want; but remember they're going to need to use their skills to make money! Family oriented may also be a good idea.

*You don't have to make the guy a creative bad boy like the story, you can change the characters to your liking.

*Have them move into an empty lot (or bulldozed lot)

*bring up the cheat console ( ctrl + shift + c) and type "money 750" and hit enter, this will make your household funds $750

*Buy what you can .. I bought a tent, cooler and a toilet to start out (Or a bed, fridge and a toilet if you don't have outdoor retreat) (if $750 isn't enough for that... You can give yourself a little bit more $$ but remember the object of the challenge is to start with little funds)

*try to get your female sim pregnant as soon as you can.

Rules.

*No money cheats, apart from the one used for initial setup.

*No cheats for needs

*No skill cheats (buying reward items like 'Savant' or 'fast learner' is OK)

*No career cheats

*you may use any skill that allows you to do so to make money.

*You may go to any lot to use their things (such as computer, easels, fridges, bathrooms, etc.)

*Building/editing public lots is OK

*You may find and sell collectables

*You can't get a job until you've built a house with at least 4 separate rooms.

*You cannot age the baby up earlier (same for as a kid and a teen)

*When the baby is a teen, they may get a job.

*To win/complete the challenge, you have to have your family living in a home with a lot value of at least $35,000 and have the kid to have earned an A in either elementary school or High school.

(I'm still playing this myself... So I'm not sure if the $35000 is either too hard or easy to accomplish.. I might change it, let me know your thoughts on that please!)

*Note*

If you want to play this with a same-sex couple... You're allowed to use cheats to get enough $$ to adopt (exactly enough $, so it evens out to you didn't pay anything) and for story purposes, let's say your couple found this abandoned baby on their way to Willow Creek (or Oasis Springs)

Yeah.... So that's the challenge! I hope you like it, and please comment and tell me what you think of it, and if you decide to do the challenge, please share your sims's story! Thanks for checking out my challenge
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 4:34 AM
Starting this tonight. How is your game going?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 6:30 PM
Meet Taylor and Cheyenne Wylie-if things go well I will prob blog their story.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:10 PM
Sounds interesting! I've already found the answer to my question when reading through the rules a second time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:15 PM
Default My challenge: Abbie and Nelson
Currently doing this challenge, and having a lot of fun!

I started with $1000... Got a tent, fire and two seats. They managed to start a garden which helped their financial situation, and Nelson was creating sculptures to get some extra money. Because Abbie had a very rough pregnancy, she couldn't help much, mostly running to the public bathroom and sleeping. After the baby was born, things started looking better, and Abbie was able to help out more. Through a lot of saving, they managed to build a small "bathroom" using half walls, with very little privacy. But at least they can pee and shower on their own lot. The baby has aged up (on his own), and is now a happy child. His name is Cory, and I have no idea why he has dark skin and red hair, but ok.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:14 PM
I maybe do it

Vikinga:)
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:16 AM
I am going to do this on my youtube channel! I will put a link to the first video once it is up. Thanks for the inspiration! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EndlessNoel
I am going to do this on my youtube channel! I will put a link to the first video once it is up. Thanks for the inspiration! :D

Omg that's awesome!!!! Haha I'm so excited my challenge will be on YouTube!! Don't forget to post the link! Thank you!! So glad you like it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
Starting this tonight. How is your game going?

I actually had kind of forgotten this challenge! My laptop decided to stop working shortly after I created this. But I've since gotten it up and running again, so I'm replaying this challenge! I'll probably start a new save file and just re-do it though for a fresh start. I'll update when I've got the challenge setup

So excited to see some interest in my challenge :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:31 AM Last edited by Lauren_Cheerio : 19th Aug 2015 at 2:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tarawilk321
Currently doing this challenge, and having a lot of fun!

I started with $1000... Got a tent, fire and two seats. They managed to start a garden which helped their financial situation, and Nelson was creating sculptures to get some extra money. Because Abbie had a very rough pregnancy, she couldn't help much, mostly running to the public bathroom and sleeping. After the baby was born, things started looking better, and Abbie was able to help out more. Through a lot of saving, they managed to build a small "bathroom" using half walls, with very little privacy. But at least they can pee and shower on their own lot. The baby has aged up (on his own), and is now a happy child. His name is Cory, and I have no idea why he has dark skin and red hair, but ok.

Awesome!! So glad to see that people are actually doing my challenge!! And enjoying it also thanks so much for sharing pics/stories! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Can't say I'm too fond of the name of the kid though, but that's only because Cory is my ex's name XD and he probably has red hair because my ex has red hair and the world likes to taunt me lol
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:43 AM
I started with Terence and Joy Asher, he is cheerful,hates children, creative, and muser. His wish is to be an author. She is a music lover, genius, family oriented, and business davy. Will post pics soon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:24 AM
I've decided to post my story to my blog, since I've decided to add a semi-narrative component and make it longer, but I'll post the link here. Ill probably post it tomorrow evening after I'm off work.

I was also thinking of adding "child completes at least 1 childhood aspiration" to the completion requirements .... Any opinions on that?
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 8:37 AM
Definitely might try this. c:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
For anyone who would like to read my story, you can find it here - http://simplysimsational.blogspot.c...lengestory.html

(If anyone else shares their story of this on YouTube or a blog, feel free to share your link )
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:13 PM
Is it o.k. if we play this challenge with the sims 3
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:35 AM
Cool I might do this
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 1:50 AM
Thinking of goin on this challenge with a little twist.. impregnate the main character, kill the partner, adopt a baby.. "So, while pregnant with her love's baby, she finds herself alone in a new city, her mother has finally got what she needed of an excuse and has put her out, the love of her life dead in a tragic accident, and to make things even worse, she find a baby in a dumpster just outside town"

I know the post is a little outdated, but find it so irresistible that i had to create my account and say "hey, i will try it"
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 1:50 AM
I am starting this now <3