Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Galileo Station - Mars Mission Base - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 3rd May 2015 at 10:40 PM - Updated 2nd Jun 2016 at 6:52 AM by Zarathustra

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:20 PM
The level of attention to detail you can achieve without CC always amazes me. I think I might just have a spot for this lot, but even if I didn't I'd still download it just to explore. This is simply amazing, thank you! If this is what we can expect from the upcoming challenge, it will be sure to be a hit!
Needs Coffee
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:09 AM
Your creativity always amazes me. Love the details in this lot Zarathustra.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 3:05 PM
Wow. I may put this in my Apocalypse hood.

BTW, have you read the Martian by Andy Weir?

http://www.amazon.com/Martian-Novel...&qid=1430748301
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th May 2015 at 6:03 PM
this is awesome! inspired me to start a new neighbourhood based on the moon.. this will be a great starting house for 8 sim astronauts! thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th May 2015 at 7:41 PM
Beautiful lot, has a very 2000s sci-fi look to it. Great story as well, I do enjoy long reads. Any Mars colony hoods up for download, by any chance?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th May 2015 at 8:29 PM
This is absolutely incredible! My Curious brothers want to build a science themed boarding school - this is perfect. Thank you for saving me a lot of work! I think I'll change the beds to bunks, and see how I go with it.
Constant Contestant
#8 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:58 PM
Amazing attention to detail!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th May 2015 at 11:42 PM
I can dream, my sims can actually go! LOVE this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:22 AM
This is one of the most amazing lots I've ever seen! I will have to put this on my planet VE'nea! Thank you
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:58 AM
@SciBirg , yes, I actually got a copy for my birthday a couple weeks ago, and read through it faster than any other book in a long time! That might have contributed a few ideas to this project...

and @Grijze Pilion , none in the works right now, but there might be- as I said, I'm trying to figure out a Mars challenge that I can write, and being able to provide lots and terrains for people to start from could easily become part of that!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:51 AM
O.M.G. Creative, talented. Mind blown. This is an inspiration. So thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:39 PM
Incredible. I absolutely love this lot. Very creative. Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:50 PM
WOW! This is incredible, thanks for sharing
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:25 AM
It invites play! It would be so fun to create the Sims to live there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st May 2015 at 6:46 PM
It looks beautyful!
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:33 PM
Loved the description of the station!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlphaCow
Loved the description of the station!

I'm glad! You may have noticed... I got a bit carried away with it!

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:39 PM
This is absolutely fantastic! It's out of this world, literally. Exorbitant work! One only sees such genius creations once in a blue moon! Ok, I'm out of puns now.

I just love how much thought you put into this and how realistic, not-too-far-into-the-future it is! Modules is how I'm planning to built my space colony, too. Judging by your earlier comment I think you're not aware of my space project Omicron-Simtauri? I can't blame you, the last update is over a year old (but I still have lots of plans for it!). There're space suits and helmets as well as terrain replacements and maps and the all important space sky! That surrounding will take the awesome level of Galileo Station up to eleven! Although if I'm not mistaken Mars is way less riddled with craters than my terrain maps? You seem very invested in the Mars missions, maybe a terrain map that's based on the actual landing sides of mankind's robots would be an idea for you?

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#20 Old 31st May 2015 at 8:10 AM
Hi @Zarathustra

How were you able to create houses inside domes. Id love to create a neighborhood, full of those houses.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st May 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Hi @Zarathustra

How were you able to create houses inside domes. Id love to create a neighborhood, full of those houses.

The domes are all CFE work, obviously- that in and of itself isn't too complicated. The trick to getting other buildings to work inside them is to make sure the dome is at least 3 stories above the ground, so there's room for a 1-story building with a floor-tile roof underneath it. (If you wanted higher buildings inside it, you'd need to make the dome itself higher too, and obviously it needs to be taller than the buildings that go inside it!) The other thing to bear in mind is that if you build the interior buildings too close to the edges of the dome, you can end up screwing up your CFE work... as I've said before, CFE doesn't really seem to play well with others.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:26 PM
Totally freaking epic work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:57 AM
This has resurrected my desire to make a space colony themed vacation hood. So cool. Z - you amaze me with your attention to detail, and your execution of ideas. Seriously, seriously awesome
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
This has resurrected my desire to make a space colony themed vacation hood. So cool. Z - you amaze me with your attention to detail, and your execution of ideas. Seriously, seriously awesome

Glad you liked it so much! I really liked working on this lot and the science that went into it (it's as real-world practical as I could make it!), in case you couldn't tell! I'm actually still working on the challenge I made mention of in the post, and that will have you end up with a Martian subhood (not a vacation hood, but still... ) once it's finished... having a real job is kind of slowing my progress down on writing that challenge, but keep an eye out for it!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:27 PM
thank you
Page 1 of 2