Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:28 PM
Default Door Conversion from 1-tile to 2-tile
Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a 1-tile door to a 2-tile door? (I.E., the door will be placed centered on two wall panels rather than one wall panel). I've tried editing the footprint in S4S, which only slightly works. The footprint indeed becomes 2 tiles, but it does not snap to the build mode grid and the door continues to be placed on one wall panel.

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
Yes, that's possible (obviously; otherwise no such doors would exist). You need to change the wallmask, not only the footprint. I believe S4S doesn't do wall masks -- I use TSRW anyway so I couldnt help you with that. But in TSRW it is pretty simple, particularly when you don't change the mesh: the wall mask is in the Misc tab, you can export and import it there (to make sure it fits right away, it's probably easiest if you export one from a door that is like you want and use that -- off the top of my head I don't remember whether TSRW can show in the preview how it actually looks in game, or whether you need to check that in game).

There is also one flag in the masks that you need to switch -- it's something like "MinX" or "MinZ"; again just compare with an existing door to see what it needs to be.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:19 PM
Thanks plasticbox
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 1:23 AM
Default 2 tile door to single tile
Hello, it's me again!

I saw a post asking to go from one tile to two for a single door. I'm interested in having it the other way around. I'd like the door to fit into a single tile. How do I do that?

I tried searching Google but I only came up with the 2 tile inquiry and a lot about floors...

Thanks in advance!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 2:24 AM
Merging with existing thread since it's the exact same thing backwards. Export a wallmask from a single-tile door like the one you want, import that into your door (see above), and change that flag (I looked it up now; see attachments).

But it's kind of likely you will need to change the mesh as well so that your door actually fits on one tile. The Maxian two-tile doors (at least the base game ones) are all wider than one tile, I think.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 6:14 PM Last edited by ayebooboo : 31st Jul 2015 at 6:31 PM. Reason: toovague
When importing my door mesh into TSRW, there is no "wallmasks" in the misc folder. It only has flags, cutouts, and lights. Is this a problem? Do I have to create my own wallmask? How do I edit it? I'm wondering if, since I cloned the object in S4S and imported it into TSRW, the cloned package has no information about wall masks. When I clone other doors, I can see the wall mask.

The door I'm working with is the taller glass door from the spa update. I don't think that I can clone it in TSRW... can I? Not sure if it's been updated with spa day stuff.

If there's a good tutorial for this, please direct me there. Otherwise, I would really appreciate your help! I've been struggling here a while.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 6:30 PM
What door mesh do you mean by "my door mesh"? If this is some mesh that is already broken / had its wallmask removed, that will not magically reappear.

Also one should probably clone from base game doors / windows, Maxis seem to have changed how their wallmasks work (for newer objects). See my Citizen's Door upload for a link with more info.

Re. tutorials, I only know the basic "how to use" thing that I already linked to. Look at TSR to see if there are more.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 6:32 PM
Right, I just updated my response for this. I cloned the taller glass door from the spa day pack in S4S, so it might be that the wall mask was... eaten in that process, possibly.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 9:09 PM
Ah, didn't see your edit. I'm not aware TSRW needs to be updated for spa stuff or anything .. but like with that toilet door from that recent patch, I guess it has that newfangled wallmask technology so you're probably better off cloning a base game thing.

Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Merging with existing thread since it's the exact same thing backwards. Export a wallmask from a single-tile door like the one you want, import that into your door (see above), and change that flag (I looked it up now; see attachments).

But it's kind of likely you will need to change the mesh as well so that your door actually fits on one tile. The Maxian two-tile doors (at least the base game ones) are all wider than one tile, I think.

Wonderful, thank you! Looking at your screenshots, I see why it's taking up two tiles. I'll figure something out!