Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Winter Wonderland - A Festive Mountain Vacation Subhood For Your 'Hoods - No CC

by Jawusa Posted 25th Dec 2015 at 2:04 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2016 at 6:04 PM by Jawusa

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 4:02 PM.
Default Lodgings in General
Winter Wonderland has 6 hotels in total.
There are 2 expensive hotels and 2 cheap hotels. One of them is free.
3 of them have their own restaurants. 1 has a food stand and the other 2 hotels have grills where you'll have to cook your own food.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:42 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Lodgings - Part 1 of 2
1. Glamorous Resort:
Price Range: §§§§§
If you care about comfort, you're right here! The Glamorous Resort has it all! You won't find such a posh hotel anywhere else! Well, there's another posh hotel nearby, but we're better!
Lot Value: §392,889
Lot Size: 5x5 lot
Number of stories: 2
Lot Type: Hotel
Number of suites: 4

2. Luxurious Resort:
Price Range: §§§§
If you liked the Alpine Inn but were sad because there was no pool there, then you'll like this hotel. And please don't spend time in the other posh hotel, they may have things that we don't have but this doesn't mean we're worse. No! We're better!
Lot Value: §218,909
Lot Size: 4x3 lot
Number of stories: 2 stories
Number of suites: 8

3. Alpine Inn:
Price Range: §§§
This lodging is neither too cheap, nor too expensive.
It's just perfect for everyone; the poorest of the poor, the richest of rich! And there's a beautiful view to the river from here.
Lot Value: §193,818
Lot Size: 3x3 lot

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:43 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Lodgings - 2 of 2
4. Rusty Cabins:
Price Range: §§
If you couldn't sleep in the motel because it was too uncomfortable and if you still have no desire to spend money on a posh hotel, then you'll like the Rusty Cabins!
Lot Value: §172,569
Lot Size: 4x4 lot
Number of stories: 1

5. Gas Station Motel:
Price Range: §
You don't like the posh hotels because they're too expensive?
You don't like the campgrounds because it can be really cold there? Then you're right here! It's far from comfortable but hey it's a cheap place to stay!
Lot Value: §94,688
Lot Size: 5x2 lot

6. Snowy Campgrounds
Price Range: Free
If you love the outdoors, you'll like the Snowy Campgrounds. It can be very cold at nights, so make sure you pack some warm clothes with you.
This is not everyone's thing but hey it's all free!
Lot Value: §110,614
Number of tents: 8

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:06 PM.
Default Community Lots in General
Winter Wonderland has 8 community lots in total.
One of them being the Hidden Burrow lot. I've playtested a copy of that lot several times, and it always generated a Big Foot. So I'm positive the game will generate one once you visit Hidden Burrow.
If you don't get a Big Foot though, please PM me or leave a comment in this thread.

Speaking of that lot, the road has been removed using LotAdjuster. To me, it doesn't make sense if a secret lot, which is located in a hidden burrow, has roads. That's why I removed them. But taxis can still come there. I didn't remove the car portrals. And sims can reach that lot on foot too, of course.

I made sure that all of the Mountain-related vacation mementos are unlockable in Winter Wonderland, so you won't need to also add Three Lakes to your neighborhood in order to have a complete set of Mountain vacation mementos.

Winter Wonderland has many parks for your sims. Don't worry, it has a market, museum and a spa too! There's also a graveyard lot with 5 ghosts, if you download the inhabited version. In the empty version, there are no tombstones on this graveyard lot.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:43 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Community Lots - Part 1 of 2
1. Natural History Museum:
If you're interested in nature, you'll love this museum!
You'll learn everything about nature. We promise, you'll be amazed how amazing the nature is and your mind will be blown away!
Lot Value: §351,142
Lot Type: Community

2. Winter Wonderland Market:
Winter Wonderland Market has it all! If you're looking for a haircut, clothes, groceries, magazines, games, jewelleries, you're right here. You can also buy some souvenirs which you can take home in memory of Winter Wonderland. And there's a food stand too! We have warm, tasty flapjacks!
Lot Value: §249,342
Lot Size: 5x3 lot

3. Hot Springs Spa & Gym:
Spend your day relaxing and soaking in the hot springs. Everything is already here, it's just you who needs to come!
On the other side, there's a gym too, just in case you think you ate way too many flapjacks and you care about fitness.
Lot Value: §143,796

4. Fishing Pond Park:
Sometimes, the pond is not frozen and you are able to fish here but this is extremely seldom! In the meanwhile, you could spend some time ice skating!
Lot Value: §34,998

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:43 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Community Lots - Part 2 of 2
5. Timber Park:
Come to the Timber Pack to challenge your friends and family in log rolling and/or in axe-throwing. As a reward, you'll have some warm, tasty flapjacks, we promise!
Lot Value: §69,923

6. River Park:
Come to the River Park to relax by the grill or just have a fun outing with friends.
There's also a ice skating rink, so you can show off your ice-skating skills to your friends and make them jealous about your talent.
Lot Value: §64,466

7. Snowy Restful Gardens:
This is the local cemetary of Winter Wonderland. The ancestors of the locals are all buried here, including Mr. Santa Claus's ancestors.
Warning: Don't come over here at midnight, even if it's Christmas - strange things seem to surround this lot at midnight...
Lot Value: §71,627

8. Hidden Burrow:
Rumor has it that a beast lives in the wooded area near the Hidden Burrow. Although no one has confirmed this, many travelers are now wary of approaching this secluded natural hideaway. Others have bravely ventured there in hopes of finding this beast and taming it. Perhaps you’ll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse (or more) of the fabled creature.
Lot Value: §40,223
Lot Type: Secret Vacation Lot

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:44 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Residential Lots in General
There are 6 empty vacation homes in Winter Wonderland. Some of them are cheap, some of them are expensive. If you like the lots, you can also move the vacation homes to the bin and place them in your neighborhoods. They'll change into normal residential lots automatically if you do this.

None of the lots were used to move in sims. So all of the residential lots are free from sim references, also in the inhabited version. By the way, I moved the locals into a temporary residential lot, not into one of these houses.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:44 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Residential Lots - Part 1 of 2
1. Sweetheart's Cottage:
This little cottage is perfect for newly-weds or otherwise just couples. It can be used by a single sim too, of course.
Lot Value: §29,984
Lot Type: Residential
Number of bedrooms: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1

2. The Coziest of the Cozy:
You may say this is a small cottage but it's cozy and that's the point, isn't it?
Lot Value: §46,610
Number of bedrooms: 1
Number of bathrooms: 2

3. Warm Mountain Cottage:
This cottage is suitable for sims of all ages. It has plenty of room and it also has its own log fire in the backyard; so children, roasting a marshmallow at midnight is quite possible!
Lot Value: §51,037
Number of bedrooms: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:40 PM.
Default Residential Lots - Part 2 of 2
4. Gingerbread Mansion:
The Gingerbread Mansion has everything you need for a perfect holiday. And there's a pool in the background, too. You won't want to go home!
Lot Value: §114,980
Number of bathrooms: 2.5

5. Little Ranch Retreat:
Little Ranch Retreat has a beautiful view to the other side of Winter Wonderland. The view looks best at sunrise in the early morning. You'll miss this beauty!
Lot Value: §36,713
Number of bathrooms: 1

6. Mansion of the Rising Moon:
With its beautiful view to the mountains and to the river, this is the most expensive mansion in all of Winter Wonderland. It even has its own private campground with some tents and a log fire!
Lot Value: §174,213
Number of bedrooms: 3
Number of bathrooms:3

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Dec 2015 at 7:08 PM.
Default Winter Wonderland Locals
There are 10 locals in total (2 elders, 4 adults, 2 teens and 2 children) and 5 ghosts in total (2 elders, 3 adults). Some of the locals are related with those ghosts.

Both of the teen locals could go to college, graduate, get into Paranormal career track and unlock the Resurrect-O-Nomitron in order to resurrect their ancestors.
This will require Uni EP, if you don't have Uni but Free Time or Apartment Life, you can also resurrect them using the Genie Lamp or the Witch Spell.
There's a similar scenario in Downtown with the Tricou teens, so you're probably familiar with this. Again, you don't have to resurrect them at all. It's your game!

Oh, and the Santa you see at the graveyard and the two Santa locals are no real Santas. They're just ordinary sims with Santa Claus costume. Unlike EA's Santa, they're safe to play and to move in and they are considered as people, not as objects. So if you ask them to move in or if you resurrect the Santa ghost, you won't be corrupting your game!
Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:19 PM
How gorgeous! I thank you so much for these, a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:29 PM
Merry Christmas! This looks fabulous!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:37 PM
Oh, how pretty! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 1:16 AM
Wow great hood! is there anyway that I can change this to work as a main hood?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 7:57 AM
@MarioKart777
Yes, it's possible but it will need some work. First, you have to change the hotels to community lots, then you have to change the secret vacation lot to a community lot. Then, you'll need SimPE to change the locals into townies. For more information for change the lot zoning and the sim types, have a look here. And finally, you'll have to change the neighborhood type to primary using this method http://modthesims.info/t/502306.
I have tried this with Twikki Island once and it worked for me, so I'm positive Winter Wonderland will work as a primary too, if you follow Mootilda's steps carefully.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 9:23 AM
Looks wonderful, I can't wait to try this out! Thank you for sharing, Jawusa, and thanks for all your hard work
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@MarioKart777
Yes, it's possible but it will need some work. First, you have to change the hotels to community lots, then you have to change the secret vacation lot to a community lot. Then, you'll need SimPE to change the locals into townies. For more information for change the lot zoning and the sim types, have a look here. And finally, you'll have to change the neighborhood type to primary using this method http://modthesims.info/t/502306.
I have tried this with Twikki Island once and it worked for me, so I'm positive Winter Wonderland will work as a primary too, if you follow Mootilda's steps carefully.

Wow sounds difficult im no good with SimPE so will leave it as a vacation hood haha!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 7:51 PM
You mentioned in your post that there is no way to make it snow all the time on the lots like it's supposed to. And that might be true, but I have a hack that makes it snow a lot of the time during winter. Obviously this affects the whole game and not just this hood, but if anyone wants to try it you can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=238360. I've used it for years, so I know it works. I usually start getting snow the last day of fall or the first day of winter. It doesn't snow all the time, but snow is on the ground almost the entire winter.

Although I don't tend to use more than just three vacation locations and am unlikely to add a second mountain location, sometimes I create them as part of setting up a new neighborhood, so I probably already have the mountain vacation spot and I would love to meet your sims, so I'll have to go through the steps to get this. I love the chance to try out people's neighborhood. Maybe someday I'll have to upload one of my neighborhoods of which I have several in various degrees of work. Although some have sims I got from here, so I'll have to take that into account.

Anyway, this is pretty awesome, so awesome job!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Dec 2015 at 10:26 PM.
@Faerieimp Thank you for this mod info. I'll update the text.
Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
Maybe someday I'll have to upload one of my neighborhoods of which I have several in various degrees of work. Although some have sims I got from here, so I'll have to take that into account.
Oh, and I'd love to see your neighborhood if you decide to create one.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 11:35 PM
You can use Syberspunk's MoveIn mod from MATY to let your vacationers keep their memories when they move in with your playables. Looks awesome!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 6:02 PM
@miros1 That's great news! Thanks for letting me now.
I'll update the text.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 12:33 AM
this is probaly a stupid question but if you download with locals it wont replace the locals in three lakes?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 4:02 PM
@gghgvghcgfc
No, the locals in Three Lakes won't get replaced by these ones. You can visit Three Lakes, and the locals of Three Lakes will appear on community lots.
If you visit Winter Wonderland, the locals of Winter Wonderland appear on community lots.

So you should be safe.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 1:13 AM
Very pretty lot.
Page 1 of 2