Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Light Coming Through Windows

by Blyss Posted 21st Feb 2016 at 10:03 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2016 at 7:05 PM by Blyss

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:39 AM
Thank you so much for lighting up my (sims)life :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:30 AM
I think i will love you. Thank you so much for this, thank you so, so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:33 AM
Merci beaucoup pour ce, je vous remercie beaucoup, beaucoup!
Haut de la poste Signaler ce message Répondre
Réponse rapide
Pour laisser un rapide "Merci" commentaire (comme "Merci, ce qui est excellent!), Vous pouvez utiliser le bouton Post Merci, ou à laisser une évaluation après plus détaillée, utiliser" Poster Commentaires / Rapport ".

Postes Merci Poster Commentaires / Rapport Go
un message de soumission en réponse?

Ce site est approuvé par l'entreprise Electronic Arts, ou de ses concédants. Les marques commerciales sont la propriété de leurs propriétaires respectifs. contenu et le matériel de jeu copyright Electronic Arts Inc. et ses concédants. Tous les droits sont réservés. · Site version: v3.0.0. ModTheSims, ModTheSims2 et MTS2 © 2004-2015.
Nous contacter - Archives - Haut
Fuseau horaire GMT. Il est actuellement 10h32 . Propulsé par: vBulletin version 3.0.14
Copyright © 2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style:
Propulsé par MariaDB

Texte d'origine
Thank you so much for this, thank you so, so much!
Pro
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Morbil]Merci beaucoup pour ce, je vous remercie beaucoup, beaucoup!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:16 PM
Genius! I hate how little light windows let in. If I put a realistic quantity of windows in a home, then there's no light during the day. In reality, when there are two, meter wide windows in a room, they light it sufficiently.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:16 PM
Thank you. This is really great.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:34 PM
I confirm that work perfectly in 1.63
Thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 7:24 PM
Thank you! I keep thinking, "THREE windows can't illuminate a 4x4 bathroom? Really? So I'm glad to have this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Sim mania : 23rd Feb 2016 at 7:22 PM.
Thank you very much! This really made a difference.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 12:43 AM
"let their be LIGHT"!!! finally Sims don't have to suffer in the darkness of their homes u are awesome thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 1:51 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I have always hated how dark rooms look despite having multiple windows. Now my sims can see! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 5:09 PM
Aww yeah. A million thanks for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 10:27 PM
Ahhhh, thank you so much for this! Since TS3's beginning days, I have patiently waited for a modder to fix the ridiculously broken, dark lighting. I always found it unrealistic and a bit bothersome how a small room or a hallway is barely lit, despite having three or more windows. Thank you for taking the time to make this and for sharing it with us! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:35 AM
This is just amazing, thank you soo so much!! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:57 PM
Okay, I clicked TF out of this mod. :thumb:
This is certainly going to help when needed to reduce the amounts of lights on a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:22 PM
Wow! Thank you for making this! After all the years of playing TS3 there are still indispensible mods coming!
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:39 PM
Hey guys...I'm new to ALL of this, but just had a quick question. I literally just bought Sims 3 (base game that came with High End Loft). It states in the description to "Only use the package(s) if you have the corresponding EP or SP." So, will this work for mine or do I need a specific expansion pack, etc.

Also, how do I know which package to install between:
One file with the merged package for all EPs and SPs
One file with the separate packages for each EPs and SPs

I know these are very basic questions, but since I'm a total newb, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aw2887
Hey guys...I'm new to ALL of this, but just had a quick question. I literally just bought Sims 3 (base game that came with High End Loft). It states in the description to "Only use the package(s) if you have the corresponding EP or SP." So, will this work for mine or do I need a specific expansion pack, etc.

Also, how do I know which package to install between:
One file with the merged package for all EPs and SPs
One file with the separate packages for each EPs and SPs

I know these are very basic questions, but since I'm a total newb, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

@aw2887 - if you don't have all the Expansion Packs (EPs) or Stuff Packs (SPs), you will want to download the second file (windows-lite-overrides-ALL-separates.rar), inside you will find separate packages files corresponding to each EPs and SPs.

Once you've downloaded the .rar file and extracted its content, only put the packages that mention a pack that you have installed in your Mods\Overrides folder, from what I understand, it would be the base game one and the High End Loft one.

In the Files tab, if you click on the magnifier icon, you can view what's inside the file, if you want to be sure what you're getting before downloading.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 5:59 PM
Thank you so much for this! Now I can actually save money without having to put in so many windows to get better lighting!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:55 PM
I've always hated having to place multiple windows in small rooms to get in plenty of light, which makes it impossible to place paintings or wall decor. Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 5:09 AM
When I put the one that has all the EP's merged, my game crashed. I run on 1.67 btw. I have all the EP's and SP's except for KPST. Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong? I was so excited to have some windows that actually let light in!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:47 AM
@agony&ecstasy - Sorry to hear that after installing my mod you're experiencing some crashes. Could it be because in the merged package for all EPs and SPs, windows from KPST are actually included? Could you try downloading the unmerged packages and place all of them except for the KPST one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 12:19 AM
Muchas gracis por las mejoras, siempre habia pensado que faltaba mas iluminación a través de las ventanas, que casi no iluminaban pero ahora estoy segura de que serán habitaciones mas iluminadas con tu mejora. Thank you very very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 9:47 PM
Thanks for making this! I got tired of the awkward feeling of there being so little light for a small room with a large window in it.
Page 1 of 2