Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

De-uglified Basegame Long Skirt

by sweetdevil Posted 30th Mar 2016 at 11:27 AM - Updated 6th Jun 2018 at 1:45 PM by sweetdevil

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 1:31 PM
Ahhh thank you. We need more long skirts!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 2:50 PM
This is great thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 3:30 PM
Lovely! Thank you
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 4:55 PM
Pff, skirts are for old ladies. But thanks for making one of them less ugly!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 5:21 PM
Thank you for making and sharing this!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Pff, skirts are for old ladies. But thanks for making one of them less ugly!

Fite me irl m8

I really like long skirts to use with various tops, and the rope on this one was driving me insane, along with being ugly catalog clutter.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Fite me irl m8

I'll hit you in the face with a pair of pants, m8. Skirts are like heels and dresses: Most of the time they suck, but sometimes they look kinda cute. And cute is all they'll ever be IMO. But uh, this isn't Reddit. So I probably shouldn't be trying to start a conversation here.

And as for catalog clutter, I'd just use Easy CASP editor if I were you. Now if only there were a tool to turn all the useless CAS content into useful content - I can't believe there isn't a single good pair of women's pants in all of vanilla TS3 and it's expansions. Like, none whatsoever. There was one pair of jeans in Generations that I modded to look less stupid, but that's one pair.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 8:20 PM
Can we install all the files in each zip file?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:26 AM
Soooo much better! Thank you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Can we install all the files in each zip file?

@larrydot

Yes! They modify different resources so you can have all the skirt replacements at the same time in your game
The Cairo version modifies only the version of the skirt meant for use in Al Simhara. That one is also a separate file in-game (just hidden in CAS), so you can have that one and all the others at the same time, too.

Thank you for the appreciation, everyone <3

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@larrydot

Yes! They modify different resources so you can have all the skirt replacements at the same time in your game
The Cairo version modifies only the version of the skirt meant for use in Al Simhara. That one is also a separate file in-game (just hidden in CAS), so you can have that one and all the others at the same time, too.

Thank you, that's great!
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:10 PM
Have you ever used Texture Tweaker? (at simlogical)
Looking at the way you did it, I thought it looked a lot like something TT was designed for....

(And thank you for improving the long skirts. )
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Have you ever used Texture Tweaker? (at simlogical)
Looking at the way you did it, I thought it looked a lot like something TT was designed for....

(And thank you for improving the long skirts. )

Ohh, thanks for the recommendation, I didn't know this exists! I'll be sure to try it out

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 7:59 PM
Thank for for deuglying those skirt. Yes, sims could use more long skirts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 7:02 AM
omg thank you for the time and creating this I love it amazing thank you sooooo much!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th May 2016 at 11:57 PM
I always thought this skirt could be saved if given a new texture. Thank you for answering my prayers. #savior
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th May 2016 at 9:37 AM
Love these. I alwas wanted to use the long skirts, but they looked so.. bleh.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 9:31 PM
Thanks, looks so much better.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM
Thank you so much - I like long skirts, and the base game one is so ugly.
Scholar
#21 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 12:21 AM
Hi Sweetdevil, for some reason your skirts don't show up in my game, and I have no idea why When I take them out the original base game skirt is still there but when I put your deafult replacements in, yours don't show up, just the original skirts. What should I do? Will putting your skirts in the overrides folder work? Do you have non-default versions available? Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:23 AM
Love these and would love if you could make on without the split in front just a narrow long skirt Could you also make it for teen and elder ladies too and also make them maternity-enabled ? Thank you so much for all your lovely creations :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:31 AM
I'm starting back up my TS3 game with all new content and your EA edits are a _GODSEND_. Thank you so much!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceroshiro
I'm starting back up my TS3 game with all new content and your EA edits are a _GODSEND_. Thank you so much!

Thank you! :lovestruc

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 3:44 AM
Thank you.