Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marram Farmhouse Furnished

by alverdine Posted 8th Sep 2016 at 8:02 AM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 1:45 PM
Very nicely done Alverdine! Looks great!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 2:34 PM
Leaving a non-admin comment now to say that I really love this lot (I don't understand what you don't like about it)! The colors are really wonderful and blend well together to make the home look elegant but cozy at the same time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 3:46 PM
@heaven - hanging plant is from ITF, wall art is from UNI (with the stencil removed and a pattern CASted on it instead), and those diamond patterns are from either "geometric" or "paint". Some of the chequered patterns can be turned into diamonds or crosses if you make two or more channels the same colour.
Thanks for the compliment! Can't really say why I don't like it - I just usually end up hating most things I make, probably from looking at them for so long lol. Also, after spending so much time looking at pretty, CC-packed houses on Tumblr then trying to furnish with EA content only, it's like >:(

@mspoodle1 - thank you dearest <3
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 7:39 PM
Thank you for checking on those for me! Shows you how long I've been out of the interior decorating game! And I know what you mean about EA only content (believe me), but you're great at it. If I ever decided to accept outside builds for GB, I'll come knocking on your door!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM Last edited by attuned : 9th Sep 2016 at 3:44 AM.
Browns and greys and taupes and white, achieving elegance and hominess- amazing!

FYI- and perhaps this is not news, some builders have been using Decorator's Best Friend by Virtual Artisan OR NRaas Debug Enabler instead of OMSP. These cause less lag and downloaders do not need the mods, because objects will remain where you place them when the lot is downloaded. There is a thread about this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=566648 especially posts 4 & 5.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 3:05 AM
I just absolutely adore your houses and how you furnish them. You might not be happy with it but my sims will be. Because I am!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 9:49 PM
This is just lovely
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 8:25 PM
Beautiful :) Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:55 AM
It looks amazing! Truly stunning! The Reshade settings you used here seem different than the ones you posted on your tumblr. I love these Reshade settings because it's so bright and light..sharp and beautiful. any chance you remember which settings you used? Or can you tell me what to change about your tumblr settings to get this light/bright look? THNQ!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:04 AM
@SY_89 I think I only used Depth of Field and maybe Lumasharpen, but I also edited them a teensy bit in PS to bring up the brightness with curves. I don't like to change the way preview pics for downloads look too much
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:00 PM Last edited by SY_89 : 26th Sep 2016 at 9:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
@SY_89 I think I only used Depth of Field and maybe Lumasharpen, but I also edited them a teensy bit in PS to bring up the brightness with curves. I don't like to change the way preview pics for downloads look too much

Thank you! I played with Reshade a bit and I think my game looks good now. sometimes my screen gets very dark when Ambient Occlusion is on but then I just turn it off.

Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 10:43 PM
@SY_89 oh yeah are you talking about that glitch where the ambient occlusion blacks out everything except for a small rectangle in the upper left corner of the screen? Super annoying! Don't know what causes it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
@SY_89 oh yeah are you talking about that glitch where the ambient occlusion blacks out everything except for a small rectangle in the upper left corner of the screen? Super annoying! Don't know what causes it.

Yeah that exact glitch. I think Ambient is not made for the Sims 3. I saw I couldn't turn it on for the sims 3 in my nvidia control panel either. So I guess it's just not for the sims 3 haha
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:00 PM
Thanks for this beautiful lot! One question, where did you get the backpack and coat rack in photo 9?
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 6:00 AM
@MaliMalibu my pleasure
The backback and coat roack is actually a kid's one from Seasons (the one with 3 colourful stars above it, but I moved it into the wall to hide them by using this mod) and the shelves used are from Into the Future
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:33 PM
What world is the house in ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 12:27 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:51 AM
love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:15 AM
Hello your game looks very nice, what lighting mod do you use? thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 7:57 PM
This is hands down one of the best decorated TS3 houses I've ever seen! The curb appeal is mind-blowing, every detail from patterns to traffic flow screams perfection. Love it!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 9:47 PM
Is there an unfurnished version of this lot available?