Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You are very funny, in English, which I believe is not your native language, which makes it even more awesome.

I'm just saying what I have to say. And English isn't my native language indeed

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 5:35 AM Last edited by attuned : 2nd Jan 2017 at 7:57 AM.
Okay, no victims customers so far. I want to post a thread in TS3 general discussion with a short intro for each of us. I want to know if this is okay with everyone. If you would rather write your own, even better. I am happy to change or have you edit the bio I wrote. Please correct me if I have anything wrong. Between us we have 245 downloads available on MTS!

@Crowkeeper builds in TS3. Her creations are magical, mystical fantasies, that transport you to another realm.
@cutsocks builds in TS3. He has mad roofing skills, and is a genius in CFE. He builds mainly historic/ recreations.
@Fergus' Mind builds in TS3. He is a wizard with roofing and CFE. He fancies vintage architecture.
@Johnny_Bravo builds in TS3. He is a CFE savant. His creations run the gamut from cutting edge modern to historical.
@Vincent T. builds in TS3. She has 1 creation available on MTS, and a varied and exquisite portfolio on Blackys Sims Zoo, including 2 worlds.
@Volvenom builds in TS3 and TS4. She has many lots and several worlds available, and has an utterly fantastic eye for landscaping and interior design.

ETA Reviewing your creations and writing your bios, I am both honored and humbled to be among you. If/ when we do get a brave mentee, they will be lucky to have such amazing talent to help them.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 5:41 AM
Hi @bellakenobi
I just saw that you have joined our group "Mentoring for Builders". Welcome! We use this thread for the business side of running our group. Please read the above posts, especially post # 24, so you can see what you have gotten yourself into. Please post any comments or questions. We are a new group and still a work-in-progress.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 10:11 AM Last edited by Vincent T. : 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Edited for typos.
Reading those descriptions makes me wonder again why I am on the mentor's side of this group Thank you for piecing those introductions together @attuned! Though I wouldn't call my little tutorial island a full world. So maybe change it to

@Vincent T. builds in TS3. She has a varied and exquisite portfolio mostly on Blackys Sims Zoo.

(Also a heads up, as my user name contains a space, mentions don't work for me. So if it's urgent better contact me via pm.)

It seems our strength lies with TS3. @joandsarah77 Maybe you want to consider joining this group again? Most of the members don't have much time at hand, so it would be fine if you just jumped in to help. Or for commenting on anything
dodgy builder
#55 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:12 AM
I would like to have cfe on my bios as well attuned. The reason I don't do that much of it these days is my attention to detail and a minimalists wish for a seamless look. Complicated cfe can be fun though, at least after working in 4 for a while, but cfe also carries in it a buggylishes hell, meaning floating tiles etc.

Another thing, what happened to the marketing on the home page?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:50 AM
I hadn't joined it before -I forgot all about it. I'll give help if I can, I don't consider myself that great a builder. CFE and I have some rather nasty arguments.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#57 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 1:03 PM
I had to translate 'savant' because I didn't know what it means. The irony.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#58 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 4:21 AM
Hi all
Thanks for the responses so far. Please head over to the official Mentoring for Builders thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587151 and post a short intro, really anything you want to say. Thanks to Johnny-Bravo and Vincent T. for getting things rolling. Also, please comment on whether your bio is okay, or what you would like changed.

As far as our mention in Site News- I told the staff that our group was ready to go on Nov.18. On Dec. 15, after much bugging, they signed off on our group and promised a mention in Site News... and we wait. It is still the crazy busy holiday season, but if I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I will bug them again.

Sorry @Volvenom -I didn't mention your mastery of CFE because you said on another thread that you don't use it much anymore. You know I am a big fan of your builds, yet I had the most trouble with your bio. Your builds have a gestalt characteristic (does that translate from German to English to Norwegian?) that is hard to put into words. Basically, each and every minor element contributes to the whole and makes it better. The whole lot, when seen together, becomes so much more than the sum of each part. Let me know what you think of the revised bio, below. I love your comment about "buggylious hell". I am going to steal that one.

@Johnny_Bravo I changed savant to superstar, since that word is more commonly known. Your irony comment made me laugh, a lot.

New biographies: (Should we delete the "builds in TS3" part for everyone, since it is redundant, at least until we represent other games?)

Johnny_Bravo builds in TS3. He is a CFE superstar. His creations run the gamut from cutting edge modern to historical.
Vincent T. builds in TS3. She has a varied and exquisite portfolio, mostly on Blackys Sims Zoo.
Volvenom builds in TS3 and TS4. She is a virtuoso at CFE, and has an utterly fantastic eye for landscaping and interior design.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 4:52 AM
Hi @joandsarah77
Yes, we have a confusing system. This thread (in lot creators) is our business thread. The thread you just posted to, Mentoring for Builders, is the official mentoring thread.

Welcome! I was just about to send you an invitation to join, so I am glad you are here. We are getting bios together to do some self promotion on the general discussion boards. We will hopefully get a mention in Site News soon. If you want to write a one line bio, like the ones from post #52 above, please do and post it on this thread. If not, I will write one tomorrow and you can edit it. (I am signing off now as I am really tired.)

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 4:58 AM
I put my bio on the other thread as that is where others were posting theirs...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#61 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM
@attuned I know defining my skills can be really hard. I have tried myself many times. Let me think a bit about what to write in the mentoring thread. What you wrote about me is very nice, thank you. I couldn't write like that about myself
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 10:17 PM
@joandsarah77

Hi Jo - I hope I am not making this more complicated than it needs to be. The blurb you wrote for the Mentoring thread is perfect- just what I was looking for. I also wrote a short intro for each member, to be used to promote the group on the general discussion boards. Here is yours. Please tell me if it's okay, or how you would like it changed. You can find the rest of the group's intros at post #52 and #58, on this, our business thread.

joandsarah77 builds in TS2. She is a master of MOO (move objects on) and design. She builds mainly community lots.

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#63 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:07 AM
Thank you for all your work and the lovely bio Attuned I hope we will have our first "victim" soon so that your effort pays off

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#64 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
joandsarah77 builds in TS2. She is a master of MOO (move objects on) and design. She builds mainly community lots.

Lol, if you say so. I don't think I'm that great a builder, I just make things look nice.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:02 AM
Updated the first post of the M4B (mentoring for builders) with everyone's bio. Please let me know if you want any changes.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Lol, if you say so. I don't think I'm that great a builder, I just make things look nice.

Jo, you have 42 lots available for download, over 56,000 downloads, and 6 picked uploads. I would say you are a great builder. Also, making things look nice is a real skill!

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:21 AM
Did you know that 12,923 of those downloads is my water park? I'm like that's crazy! I couldn't believe it when I got that 50K sticker, still don't. Only if people want detailed help with CFE I may not be able to give it, myself and CFE consists of me saying things under my breath while poking at it with a big stick and hoping it works.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#67 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 12:02 PM
Oh, you're using my own words to describe me? But I make myself sound like the dork I actually am. :P

You might add how important floor plans and concepts about space and purpose are to me. I fear I will talking about them way too much.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 6:49 PM
Well, hello (I've been busy almost the entire week so I'm only replying now)

So, I entered the group because I think I would need some help in a future project (since I don't have any right now), I have few lots for download here at MTS, and I don't really know if I would be of help since there's a lot I still need to know about building

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 5:18 AM Last edited by attuned : 7th Jan 2017 at 6:25 AM.
Does anyone have an idea/ sketch for a logo for the group? @Volvenom ? @Johnny_Bravo ?

@cutsocks Is this better? You are more than free to write one for yourself. Sadly, no one so far has taken me up on that offer.
"cutsocks builds in TS3. He is a genius in CFE, and places an emphasis on floor plans and concepts about space and purpose. He builds mainly historic/ re-creations."

@bellakenobi Okay, you are welcome either way. You joined before we went "public" so I thought you wanted to be a mentor. Either way, experienced or new, we all have things to teach each other. Join in whenever/ wherever you feel comfortable. If you want help with your lot, please start a new thread in Mentoring for Builders (since this is our business thread).

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:25 AM
Really great start everyone. We have 30 members and 4 current build threads.

What do you think about a thread where we share building tips? I have a tutorial on screenshots that I could share. Suggestions for questions like this can be shared:
How do I start?
How do I build from floor plans?
What size lot?
Where do I look for inspiration?
How do I know how big to make rooms?

New at Simszoo

Page 3 of 3