Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job options mod set

by Lamare Posted 18th Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2022 at 4:44 PM by Lamare

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
WOW Lamare, you really outside yourself. This looks fantastic and a great mod to start out the year with. I think my game could get a lot of use out of this I am a big fan of having hood YA with part time job options.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:21 PM
I am so glad this finally has been officially uploaded.
I'll need to look for the tryout versions and replace them with these. I waited so long for this. Thank you so much.
just a girl
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I am so glad this finally has been officially uploaded.
I'll need to look for the tryout versions and replace them with these. I waited so long for this. Thank you so much.

Oh! thanks for reminding me to add that information. I knew I forgot something.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
As long as I have been playing the Sims games, I have always wanted to be able to choose what career my sims wants. Your genius is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM
What a wonderful mod ! Thanks !!!
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Just wanted to report that it doesn't seem to work with a Double Deluxe configuration (it causes no errors on either the paper or computer. It's just that no dialog pops up). I only tried it since you said you can't test other configs so I wanted to try it for you.

You mean Double Deluxe with nothing else? I'm sorry, I must've worded it badly. I had no doubt that it needs Pets or later, no less. It's that I can't test "Pets or later", only M&G.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:56 AM
Wow, great mod selection! Thank you so much for all the options!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 2:51 AM
All right! About time this came about! How many times I've had pixels completely unqualified for the job promotions they got just because they gamed the system...(looking at you, Dina Goth!) and were completely out of their element!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:16 AM
The YA functionality shows up right in time--I'm planning a series of teen careers that function as after school clubs, and giving my YA the option to be in the school band/gaming club/orchestra/sportsball team is going to add some nice flavor! (Here's hoping it works with the unofficial A&N pack...)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 5:55 PM
I've updated the testing mods with the official versions. Your mods have become such a core part of my game. I love the having the option of not accepting a promotion. Sometimes due to childcare needs it's more cost effective for some of my Sim parents to remain at a certain level because of the hours. Thank you for enhancing our gameplay.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:43 AM
Thanks, this works great. Also just curious what language that is in the screenshots?
just a girl
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Yep! that's what I meant. Well, it's obviously a very well made mod since virtually ALL mods I've ever used with a lower configuration requirement have either caused jump bugs or have even hard-crashed the whole game before it even loads fully. Good on you for making this.

To be fair, you got lucky.

Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
I've updated the testing mods with the official versions. Your mods have become such a core part of my game. I love the having the option of not accepting a promotion. Sometimes due to childcare needs it's more cost effective for some of my Sim parents to remain at a certain level because of the hours. Thank you for enhancing our gameplay.

Hours is one of my main reasons too.

Quote: Originally posted by pizzaeatingmonster
Thanks, this works great. Also just curious what language that is in the screenshots?

Weird mix of English and Russian. At the time I took them, I didn't know how to display hardcoded strings in any language I want. I hope they're good enough to get an idea of what they mean.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:52 PM
Hi Lamare, just curious - would there be any consequences if I yanked this mod out when adult sims are using the part time jobs from it? Or should i have them quit their jobs first? I ask because I added it in the other day and it works great so far but I'm having a weird issue where I can't move a sim into a lot without him disappearing and I need to start testing and working backwards to make sure it wasn't your mod's doing since I had recently moved in other sims to apartment lots without issue right before installing it.
just a girl
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:26 PM
@Charmful, you mean "choose-career-type"? There shouldn't be any consequences of removal. This mod affects finding the job.
If you find out that part-time job somehow interferes with moving, please let me know the details. I move sims back and forth, since I'm also testing moving process, and no disappearing happened so far. Thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:34 AM
Thanks!i always wanted to give my adults prtime jobs if they're a single parent of a toddler or raising a child alone.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quick question: Will this allow Young Adult Sims to go to college and work at the same time? If so, you does the UI show this? Thanks!
just a girl
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Abulph
Quick question: Will this allow Young Adult Sims to go to college and work at the same time? If so, you does the UI show this? Thanks!

Yes to first question. The hours may overlap sometimes, so your sims may have to juggle their schedules a bit, but that's life - being a working student isn't easy.
Second question - no, unless you use a hack like this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=601315
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Yes to first question. The hours may overlap sometimes, so your sims may have to juggle their schedules a bit, but that's life - being a working student isn't easy.
Second question - no, unless you use a hack like this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=601315

Thank you so much! I know I'm going to be using this regularly!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:28 PM
I love this mod, but the description states that the mod probably conflicts with InTeen. Can anyone who's used it confirm whether or not it does conflict with InTeen?
just a girl
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Lamare : 1st Feb 2018 at 11:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
I love this mod, but the description states that the mod probably conflicts with InTeen. Can anyone who's used it confirm whether or not it does conflict with InTeen?

Which one? Choose career type? ETA: I think InTeen lets teens get adults' jobs. So, if my "Choose career type" loads after InTeen you lose that option, but get my options instead (which are teens are bound to part-time jobs and older sims can choose).
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Which one? Choose career type? ETA: I think InTeen lets teens get adults' jobs. So, if my "Choose career type" loads after InTeen you lose that option, but get my options instead (which are teens are bound to part-time jobs and older sims can choose).

Sorry for not specifying--that is what I meant. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:10 AM
Thanks so much for this awesome mod! I was wondering if the "want a job" want for uni students would show up for all playable YA's or for those with certain aspirations? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:58 PM
Thank you! This is so useful.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:28 AM
Oh my goodness Lamare, this is awesomesauce! Such great creative ideas, and much needed improvements on the system. I especially love the option of being able to choose part time or full time, it'll make getting full time jobs for elders much less of a hassle. I too love job related mods, so I am very glad you decided to give us even more goodness!
Page 1 of 4