Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Trait (Teen–Elder)

by SimplyInspiredSims4 Posted 6th Apr 2018 at 7:10 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2020 at 9:48 PM by SimplyInspiredSims4 : Added a new version.

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 7:42 PM
Love how fleshed-out this is - thanks for sharing, can't wait to use in-game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fabulousfabulous
Love how fleshed-out this is - thanks for sharing, can't wait to use in-game.

You're so welcome! And thanks for the comment
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:37 AM
Thank you immensely! I always thought gardening and cooking should co-exist, as they do in RL in my household. Congrats on making your first trait too! I haven't modded since TS2 (mainly worked on meshes and skins- so much work!) so I was thinking about creating traits to contribute to the community. Thanks again Lovely! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steffanarnie
Thank you immensely! I always thought gardening and cooking should co-exist, as they do in RL in my household. Congrats on making your first trait too! I haven't modded since TS2 (mainly worked on meshes and skins- so much work!) so I was thinking about creating traits to contribute to the community. Thanks again Lovely! <3

You’re very welcome! I thought it only made sense that someone (in this case, a Sim) who liked to garden would also like to bake and cook with their goodies–and eat them, of course! I’m so glad it turned out to be a useful and realistic trait. Thank you for your feedback 😊
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 10:49 PM
Thank you and since spring coming my Sims can make their garden better
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:00 PM
I have tried downloading different triats to give more to my characters but none of them show up in the game but the pop up folder says they are in. Is it because of the game update and does this one have a better chance of working due to being new????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Thank you and since spring coming my Sims can make their garden better

You're welcome! I hope your Sims have fun
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:22 PM Last edited by SimplyInspiredSims4 : 10th Apr 2018 at 5:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by modblakessims
I have tried downloading different triats to give more to my characters but none of them show up in the game but the pop up folder says they are in. Is it because of the game update and does this one have a better chance of working due to being new????

As far as I can tell, custom traits won't show up in-game if they were made with a previous version of Mod Constructor and your game is up-to-date (certain updates must make them not work). Mine was made with the latest version of Mod Constructor, and all such traits should show up in your game. If you download my Gardener trait and put it in your mods folder and it doesn't show up in CAS, let me know, but I'm 99% sure that it should, and no one has reported having this issue. I hope that helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:51 PM
Wonderful addition,thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by graciousgrover
Wonderful addition,thank you.

You're welcome! Thank you for your comment
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:34 PM
My Gardener sims say "thank you!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
My Gardener sims say "thank you!"

My mission was to make all Gardener Sims happy, so they're welcome
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplyInspiredSims4
As far as I can tell, custom traits won't show up in-game if they were made with a previous version of Mod Constructor and your game is up-to-date (certain updates must make them not work). Mine was made with the latest version of Mod Constructor, and all such traits should show up in your game. If you download my Gardener trait and put it in your mods folder and it doesn't show up in CAS, let me know, but I'm 99% sure that it should, and no one has reported having this issue. I hope that helps!

I have the same problem... none of the traits you have made show up for me either
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlliPoole
I have the same problem... none of the traits you have made show up for me either

I'm so sorry they're not working for you! I assume that your game is up-to-date? I updated mine on April 17, and the traits are still working as usual, so I'm not sure how to help. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:51 PM
What are the chances of an alternate version replacing Baking with Herbalism? :o
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:41 PM Last edited by SimplyInspiredSims4 : 24th Aug 2020 at 4:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tokyograndpa
What are the chances of an alternate version replacing Baking with Herbalism? :o

Done!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:00 AM
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aloneguy950
Awesome! Thanks!

You're welcome!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:50 PM
Sorry to say its causing LE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:46 PM Last edited by SimplyInspiredSims4 : 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Sorry to say its causing LE

Thanks for letting me know! Are you sure that this mod is the cause? I'm not sure why it would cause any issues.

Edit: Yesterday, I updated my game and tested all of my custom traits alone, all together, and with other mods; not one of them gave me an LE, so it must be another mod that is causing yours. Good luck figuring it out!
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 9:49 PM
I'd be very interested in this trait if not for the baking buff. I think the two go together very naturally, but I still want the option of a wonderful gardener who sucks at cooking, haha! Thank you for taking the time to make this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForkySporky
I'd be very interested in this trait if not for the baking buff. I think the two go together very naturally, but I still want the option of a wonderful gardener who sucks at cooking, haha! Thank you for taking the time to make this.

You're so welcome! And I agree that having that option would make things more interesting... Perhaps I'll add that option in the future
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:44 PM
I can't believe I just now saw this!! I'm assuming since the person commenting in Feb didn't say it didn't work that it works! I've been having issues finding traits that still work . Thank you for this trait!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 6:25 AM Last edited by SimplyInspiredSims4 : 19th Apr 2019 at 7:50 PM. Reason: Updated information
Quote: Originally posted by WickedClover
I can't believe I just now saw this!! I'm assuming since the person commenting in Feb didn't say it didn't work that it works! I've been having issues finding traits that still work . Thank you for this trait!

You're welcome! (And I'm also assuming that it still works ).

Edit: I have now installed the latest patch and tested all available updated mods along with mine; all four custom traits still work fine as far as I can tell
Page 1 of 2