Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Megahood City

by GneissGuy Posted 18th Apr 2018 at 10:50 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2018 at 8:43 PM by GneissGuy : Improved clarity/accuracy

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:14 AM
OMG! This is awesome! Unfortunately I'm without a notebook at the moment. Maybe by the end of next month I'll have a new one, and then I'll want to play with your map. I'll try to put all the houses except the university ... I'll try to keep it separate because I do not like to mess with some types of mods. I think I'm going to turn it into something based on Riverside / Waterside.

You should try to remake that map in Sims 3 too...
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 5:19 AM
This is really great. Everything combined in one hood. I love it.
I am intetested in the sc4 file. I have SimCity4 and I'd love to play this in that game too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 5:30 AM
This is amazing! 9 neighborhoods into one big neighborhood, who needs sub-neighborhoods when you have this one mega-hood? The question was just a joke, sub neighborhoods will do good in this one as well. Like I said, looks amazing and excellent work on this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 8:19 AM
This is incredible...Love it...Love it...LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for sharing this very significant creation with the community - You really are a 'nice' guy!

~~Debra
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 8:44 AM
An 'Herculean' task, to be sure! Can't wait to play it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 9:42 AM
It's a shame that Strangetown can't be included in it, it would look weird because of the different terrain... Can't wait to see a version with lots, the idea is amazing!
Thank you so much for your hard work!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:08 PM
This is great!!! I had never seen this before!
Where can I find the mod for young adults that you mention?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:16 PM
Thank you for this creation, it is so cool
You can download all the neighborhoods included in this terrain as subhoods - so if anyone wants to make the megahood with Sims, just download those subhoods, upload to the neighborhood, and the characters are in the game; but you will probably have to move them out of their houses and back in once the houses are in the megahood...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:31 PM
Impressive!! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
It's a shame that Strangetown can't be included in it, it would look weird because of the different terrain... Can't wait to see a version with lots, the idea is amazing!
Thank you so much for your hard work!!

I hope that someone do a desert version of it, including Sedona, Strangetown an Mesa Flats... Maybe with Lucky Palms and Oasis Springs too... Would be cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karon
I hope that someone do a desert version of it, including Sedona, Strangetown an Mesa Flats... Maybe with Lucky Palms and Oasis Springs too... Would be cool!

You beat me to saying it... I do hope to one day do something similar to this with Strangetown, Mesa Flats, perhaps La Fiesta Tech. I'm currently designing a desert-themed alternative to Downtown with weird supernatural stuff going on, which I might finish and release later in the year. So I could include that too. And of course Hood Building Group have given us Sedona, Emerald Heights and Quadington Uni which are all great desert 'hoods, as is Viper Canyon, though I'd obviously need permission to start incorporating any of those sorts of things!
I've never played either Sims 3 or 4, so have no idea what their desert worlds consist of.
I suspect my real life might slow this project down a lot though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims
This is great!!! I had never seen this before!
Where can I find the mod for young adults that you mention?

Thanks! I think I'm the first to create anything quite like this.
If you search for "Sims 2 Mega College Pack" you should find the mods that Squinge created, which are probably the best option.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:41 PM
I love this! I just reinstalled Sims 2 and wanted a neighborhood like Tumbleton with districts except using Maxis maps. Then I found this! Perfect timing. I saw that you were interested in doing more maps like this so you've earned a spot on my favorite creators list. Great work!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 8:29 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 9:17 AM
This is awesome, thanks <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 12:28 AM
Only comment I can think of is .... Wow! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:25 AM
I love it! I love huge neighborhood layouts so this is a blessing! Thank you so much for your hard work!! <333
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:35 AM
If it is not too much trouble I like to ask you if you can please share the SC4 file. I would like to add some roads to the map.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:19 PM
This is a really great map. I have no plans for it but I am putting it in my game anyway, because sometime I probably will have a good idea for it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:35 AM
i love this! if only veronaville and strangetown coould be added too though.
Instructor
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karon

I mean, there an desert floor hood decoration that might work... But especially for me that I don't use CC it's not very easy to get a nice result!
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:01 AM
i'm just asking here, will there be a version of this with lots from the original towns as well? or will i have to make those lots on my own?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brandonblue9
i'm just asking here, will there be a version of this with lots from the original towns as well? or will i have to make those lots on my own?

I am hoping to create a version with lots. One weekend soon I'll get the time to make it, but I can't promise exactly when.
Page 1 of 2