Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Emotional Traits

by kutto Posted 20th Feb 2019 at 2:31 AM - Updated 1st Dec 2021 at 5:41 PM by kutto : Updated translation

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:37 AM
What a great set of traits! Good job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:59 AM
I love this idea so much! Can't wait to try it out in-game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:04 AM
I don't usually go for custom trait mods, but this time I might make an exception since I quite like what you've done with the drawbacks and benefits!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:14 AM
OooOoo I like these. emotions are basically the only personality that sims have, so this will be useful. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 8:21 AM
Thank you so much! Oh wait New Emotional Trait 2! Intelligent, Sharp-witted, Kind, Afraid of ghosts, Supernatural fan and Supernatural Skeptic.
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:06 PM
Very clever idea. I have a question about how do they replace each other and work with exteme default and negatives.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Very clever idea. I have a question about how do they replace each other and work with exteme default and negatives.

None of my new traits replace old ones, and they can happily coexist with the base game content, just not all on the same sim.
If you have the merged package, all of the extreme versions will conflict with their original traits and vice versa. For example, Perky and Cheerful conflict as do Daydreamer and Creative etc. Insecure conflicts with Outgoing and Self-Absorbed. Calm and Stoic conflict with most other emotional traits. The XMLs I used establish these trait conflicts, but should not affect the actual behavior of the traits (all the buffs and moodlets should stay the same as base game).

Does that answer your question?
Theorist
#9 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kutto
None of my new traits replace old ones, and they can happily coexist with the base game content, just not all on the same sim.
If you have the merged package, all of the extreme versions will conflict with their original traits and vice versa. For example, Perky and Cheerful conflict as do Daydreamer and Creative etc. Insecure conflicts with Outgoing and Self-Absorbed. Calm and Stoic conflict with most other emotional traits. The XMLs I used establish these trait conflicts, but should not affect the actual behavior of the traits (all the buffs and moodlets should stay the same as base game).

Does that answer your question?

Yep. Thank you.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:56 PM
i like these a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:33 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:05 PM
I love these so much! I was working on personality type traits so these will fit perfectly!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:20 PM
WOW, I never download costum content or traits but this is really well made, the sims will actually have personnality with this mod. TY for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JkwanP
Thank you so much! Oh wait New Emotional Trait 2! Intelligent, Sharp-witted, Kind, Afraid of ghosts, Supernatural fan and Supernatural Skeptic.

None of those fit into the Emotional category though?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:51 AM
I really like these. These seem very balanced, and will give more personality to both my own Sims, and to townies. Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 7:35 AM
Hey! I saw Roburky in the credits but just to be absolutely safe, is this mod compatible with Roburky's emotion mods?
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:38 AM
These are great ideas for teen traits. Thank you! I'd really love to use some of them in my own game.
However, the .rar files don't want to open for me. A message pops up saying the archive has been moved or is damaged after double clicking on either one...
Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just me?
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyWater
These are great ideas for teen traits. Thank you! I'd really love to use some of them in my own game.
However, the .rar files don't want to open for me. A message pops up saying the archive has been moved or is damaged after double clicking on either one...

Me too. I have already reported the issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margerard
Hey! I saw Roburky in the credits but just to be absolutely safe, is this mod compatible with Roburky's emotion mods?

Yes, you can use them together. I do myself! The duration of most moodlets will change under the Meaningful Stories mod, but all of them work as expected.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyWater

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Even a freshly downloaded copy from MTS opens fine for me. It could be a corrupt download or an outdated version of WinRAR causing this. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:14 PM
Love the idea of this. I don't normally download traits but these might just give me a nudge to do so. I particularly like the bonuses and penalties for each, especially the Characteristics from the Parenthood pack. Very nicely done and very well thought out. Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:17 PM
This is exactly the kind of trait mod I feel like I've been waiting for for years! This is so cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:47 AM
soo awsm ty for changing things a bit will be nice to see some new moods/interactions!!! <3
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:24 AM
Hi! Really nice traits. I'm trying to translate them to portuguese, but I'm having a few troubles. What is "feeling sharp controller hidden"? I've searched everywhere to understand this, but I can't find a clue!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:15 AM
glad to see your traits are done! i'll be putting them in my game for sure
Page 1 of 6