Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 4:37 PM
Lamps
Can I place lamps on a sidewalk ? Will sims go around it or right through it? Which side of sidewalk should I place lamps on?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 7:39 PM
Yes, the sims will walk on the sidewalk just fine with street lights there. Beware of this issue though, if it still exists (I haven't played Sims 3 for many years so it may have been patched out):
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ght=post3597956
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, the sims will walk on the sidewalk just fine with street lights there. Beware of this issue though, if it still exists (I haven't played Sims 3 for many years so it may have been patched out):
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ght=post3597956

Thanks for showing me that thread ^^
When I'm finished making my world,I'll test it out and check if it works. But is only Street Apology lamp non-routable for sims? I'm not using it though :p
But the lamps I use have 2 or 3 versions of them,how can I know which one is routable?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 5:03 PM
Place one in your world and rebuild routing data, then take a look at it. Lamps should have a red box around them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 6:04 PM
Place one in your world and rebuild routing data, then take a look at it. Lamps should have a red box around them.

By the way,I have one more question
My game version is 1.69 and so is my create-a-world tool , but I could never edit worlds in game(some error while loading any the world). It's a little problematic for me, so is there any solution to that worth of testing out? :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 6:14 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:47 PM
You could try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453161
Or the solutions here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

Great,I guess I'll try dowloading CAW again and try installing it. But is the world I was working on safe? Ik I'll have to move it out of CAW folder for a while but will it work for sure? I see now I can export world but just as EIG , it won't work in game
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM
Oh, you mean that your world, when exported, won't open in game? What error do you get?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:50 PM
It says [translated from polish] 'A serious error has occured while loading Test.world . It is adviced to close the application and turn it on again ' It's a message similar to the one I get at EIG , but without all these weird symbols after the message. [it's named 'Test' to check if terrain paints look good]
My memory is short but I'm almost certain that the prevous world I created and use , Kyoukai , was created using same version of CAW and TS3 . Like now, I had to move file from userdata to deskop otherwise it wouldn't get exported , but that old world does work. I don't know why it doesn't work now. I worked so hard on this new world... Can I do anything to make it work? I've spent too much time working on it to lose it now
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 8:58 PM
Hmm, not sure what's causing that without more information. First thing I'd try is to rename the world- make sure you don't use any accents or non-alphanumeric characters. Are you using custom content in that world, and do you have a lot of objects, or trees, or lots in it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 10:47 PM
I've no idea how to add cc to CAW so I just use basic elements and the ones from store.
I tried renaming it few times and didn't work , but if I'll have more time tomorrow I'll get rid of all trees and check things out. Btw there're some trees and plants whose names are weird like 22228383dbb etc , I used quite a lot of them [in prev world too] . I suppose they come from store. Might they cause this error?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadzialenaxD
Btw there're some trees and plants whose names are weird like 22228383dbb etc , I used quite a lot of them [in prev world too] . I suppose they come from store. Might they cause this error?

From my troubleshooter:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Quote:
A couple of causes for this:
-Out of date or incompatible CC- test with your game Mods folder AND your CAW Packages folder removed. Also clear your game and CAW caches as above. Use the 50% Method to help you to find the problem files.
- You have CC which depends upon objects from Store Worlds, when the Store World has been uninstalled. Reinstall the relevant Store World to test this.

This may not be definitive or exhaustive, but the usual cause is if you have CC that needs a Store world or Store item, which has been uninstalled.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:16 PM Last edited by MadzialenaxD : 6th Apr 2019 at 3:28 PM.
Where I can check CAW's version (1.67 or 1.69) ?
And I see now that I used items from a world that I uninstalled. Will it solve the problem if I install it back there? Or it won't get fixed?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:28 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 7:43 AM
This may help:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3661479

I give up. Sunlit Tides still shows up in lauchnger as 'installed' even though it's been completely removed and doesn't figure in game or installed worlds and worlds cache... That might be the cause of crashes and errors in CAW and slow ts3 but I've run out of ideas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:59 PM
I calmed down and tried few things out. Is it possible that overall my TS3 is faulty so it gives an error with any world? I have this game for years now,errors and bugs occuring sometimes but never this serious....I made a new world,completely empty and it still gives an error when I try exporting world with file in usertooldata>world export works from desktop but the world is not working. I gotta wait for new laptop to try this out and I'm trying to retain hope Maybe some mods don't let CAW export the file right?