Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 7:48 AM
Default How big is your mods folder?
Time to start up this topic again, because I'm bored. Right now, I've been playing the same save game for about 2 months and I've also been downloading TONS of cc for that save and other saves as well.

The size of my Mods Folder? Drumroll please....

7.1 GB

The thing that takes up the most space in my Mods folder is hair, 5.3GB OF HAIR!!! (Chazybazzy hair bc it's maxis match, but I've also started downloading some Pandelabs as well)

The thing that comes CLOSEST is clothes, at a measly 800mb. I use a bunch of mods that I just grab from here, Sims asylum, and Nraas.

My Sims 2 folder is about 2.3gb, and my Sims 4 folder (I rarely play it) is about 200mb.

How about you? How big is your mods folder, at this time in 2019?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:39 AM
Not big. Few nrass mods, transmogifier, storefix, blueprint creator thing and... I guess that's it? Not home, so can't check it to be certain. I don't use clothing, hair, furniture and all that stuff. For the most part, I try to stay vanilla as possible. Maybe at some point, when ill get bored ill be on a hack spree downloading addiction disorder.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#3 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:35 AM
I'm not at my sims PC now, but it's also over 7gb. My CC is mostly objects, after that in size there is male clothing, then hair and then mods.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 2:20 PM
My Sims 3 Mods folder is... 1.3 GB
Also have a ton of Chazybazzy hair, but those are merged into a few packages. The entire hair folder is 866 MB. And clothes is 252 MB, but that's merged stuff separated into types. (Maternity; Teens; Children; Toddlers)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 3:48 PM
I keep things at around 2 GB. Most of it is buy objects. Some hair, some clothes, some patterns, mostly wood, bricks, and tiles and about 300 MB of mods.
How much I actually hoard on my other hard drive, I don't want to think about. I'm not sure why I keep all this stuff but you never know. Writing this out, it seems I really don't need to keep it all.
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 5:43 PM
4.22 GB. Smaller than it used to be but still bigger than I'd like. I love trying out new and interesting worlds so those along with all their CC can get a little out of control.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:47 PM
errrrr.... um.... 11.3 GB. I have issues. XD No wonder the game haaates me sometimes. In my defense, some of them are disabled packages.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:10 PM
I have no idea, my Windows Explorer doesn't scan folders properly anymore. I recently had it identify a folder with 126 gigabytes of data as having just 11. It's telling me my whole TS3 folder is 18,7 gigs, though......let's fact check that.

Custom Music: 877mb
Downloads: 1,62gb
InstalledWorlds: 868mb
Mods: 4,45gb
My Mods, 3,70gb
Recorded Videos: 7,64gb (plus a terabyte or 4 on another drive)
Saves: 5,84gb
SavesBackup: 33,9gb
Screenshots: 13,7gb (plus some 68 gigs more on another drive)
WorldCaches: 4,60gb
The Sims 3 root folder: 6,64gb

Windows says, 18 gigs and roughly 700 megs.
I say, also admittedly having skipped over certain bits, at least 84 gigs and probably 90 total. Again, assuming it's telling me the truth. Could be 150 gigs for all I know. I guess that explains why there's only 83 gigs free on my system drive, out of 500. They're good SSDs, but they're smaller than you think.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:48 PM
Between 2 and 3GB. Less than 0,2 GB (200MB) are CC. The rest is mods. I think I already have around 70% of the mods available for TS3, that assuming that I do know about all the available mods. I didn't like/need the rest of 30% of them. Maybe that's why all my games have tons of bugs, issues and lag; I am a mod and gameplay DLC addict. In fact, TS3 is the only game I ever bought purely esthetic DLCs for (SPs and decorative store content).

I rarely install CC. I always appreciated the amount of work the creators put into their mods and CC, all free of charge. But they are not my piece of cake. EA store content (of which I own much for a player who bought the game a few years after TS4's release) satisfies me well enough at this point. Plus that because of the big quantity of mods that I own, my loading times are barely acceptable for the time I have to open my laptop, load my game and play, so I barely afford to install anything else.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 7:43 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Apr 2019 at 9:51 AM.
Don't know the size in file size.

But I have:
*the necessary Nraas mods for large families
*Dolphin26's Motive Orchids from MTS
*One of the curfew removal mods in the teens and children flavor from MTS
*Sailor Moon related CC from MTS and related links

Considering going to the Silver Moon Simblr (the blogspot is TS3 exclusive) and picking up more content for my world of Traverston (providing it didn't move or get flagged by a faulty bot. My father and I have said "Never send a robot to a job requiring a human quality.")

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:42 AM
Around 2 GB. Mostly music, clothes, and buy objects. Every time I start a new game, I try to reduce CC, selecting only must have mods, but it's a quite a challenge.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:44 AM
Mine's about 6 GB. Hair, clothing, and objects are about 1.6 GB each

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 5:15 PM
Only 1.18 GB for me. I just get script and tuning mods mostly so probably that's why.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 5:29 PM
Not sure. My mods folder doesn't want to tell me, and I have enough CC that I don't want to do the math. I run some mods (mostly NRASS and a miscellany found here), and some CC (heavy to clothes and decorative).
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 6:12 PM
Mine is only 101 MB, and 92 MB of that is the zip file where I store mods I'm not using. I'm on a "back to basics" kick. I want to be reminded what the game is really like. I've been running so many mods for so long, I can't tell what is a mod failure from what is supposed to be anymore.

Sims are better than us.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#16 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 6:56 PM
Mine's 1.59 GB, it was a little smaller before but since I'm starting to make my own CC the size is climbing up little by little. But most of it anyways is CAS and Buy mode content and the rest are mods.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2019 at 2:30 AM
I've got over 2GB and 0ver 800 files are Mod files and thousands are CC with that number climbing with the new CC I started making in S3OC a while back.I've also begun working on default overrides of EA objects to reprice them to make starter homes become more affordable without getting too cheaty.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 1st May 2019 at 6:43 AM
My Mods folder is something near 5 GB.

What really eats my disk are the Screenshots; 27G is just what's on my local disk right now, after multiple offload-and-archive campaigns over the years.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd May 2019 at 3:38 AM
please merge your cc all of you lol, i have so much more cc installed than i've ever had before yet my game loads faster than ever before thanks to it all being merged into like 15 files http://superoriginalsimsblog.blogsp...o-merge-cc.html
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd May 2019 at 7:43 PM
Oh, mine's MERGED, that's the scary part of it. XD

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th May 2019 at 6:39 PM
Right now its about 2.59 GB, but I'm trying to get it to 2 GB just to keep everything running as smoothly as possible without getting rid of my favorite CC lol XD Its all compressed into 100 package files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:30 AM
I did a purge, and my cc folder is now under 2gb. mostly went back to using ea store hairs instead of chazys, so that bg defaults match xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th May 2019 at 3:23 PM
Update: I had an idea for a project.

I'm going to make half-decent no pudding sims with decent storylines to use as townies in empty worlds. And I have to do it without CC to ensure compatiblity if I decided to do a purge like this. My mods folder is about THIRTY MEGABYTES NOW!!!! God help me

Should I share these sims? Does anyone want no cc no pudding sims LOL
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 11th May 2019 at 5:54 AM. Reason: I edited the post because I needed to add a comma lol
My mods folder is 1.60 GB. I merge skins and hairs to save space, but I group the hairs by creator... I'll merge all sjoko hairs into one, then all chazy into one, ifca into one, cazy into one, etc. It's a long list aha. I also have tons of mods, but they don't take up much space.

The size of my sims3pack folder is 755 MB, which is mainly because I have quite a few worlds in there, and some scattered hairs, clothes, and makeups.

I don't commonly use buymode CC, so I probably have less than 20 select items that I can't do without.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th May 2019 at 7:48 PM
My mods folder is 15.1 MB, though to be fair I don't download much for CAS.
Page 1 of 2