Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:51 PM
Was fun searching MCM; and yes, there is disagreement of time period. And (HA!) there was a picture of a Maxis tulip chair!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 4:03 AM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 20th Jul 2019 at 8:18 AM.
This thread just inspired me to look up MCM, which inspired me to look up the International style, which inspired me to look up the works of Mies van der Rohe, which inspired me to repaint a very prominent lot in my (supposedly damn near finished) episode, which inspired me to reshoot every bit of footage it appears in. That'll only cost me my sleep tonight.

I'd get mad, but I couldn't get away with this thing not being all-black like such great pieces of architecture like the Seagram Building, IBM Plaza and the Toronto-Dominion Centre. I had it in some stupid two-tone livery and the worst part is that I didn't even care until 15 minutes ago. I really quite deliberately modelled it after one of Van der Rohe's towers, admittedly with limited success, but this striped thing I then did to it is ridiculous. Black is what it should be, I tell you, black. I shall have it in whatever colour I may desire, so long as said colour is black.

Edit: new footage didn't match up with the old, because I have that new mod that kills most of the lag. Pretty sure I just spent several hours tracking a flat surface onto another, virtually identical flat surface. Still looks like ass.

Edit edit: I fucked up. This game's camera position preset system is the worst implemented shit I've ever experienced in any Sims game. Override one and boom, your whole shot's gone. Absolute garbage.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 9:04 PM
Wouldn't mid-century (nowadays) refer more to the 60's than the 50's?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
Wouldn't mid-century (nowadays) refer more to the 60's than the 50's?

Nope. Mid-century refers to the middle of the 20th century, thus the 50s. We're in the 21st century.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 5:03 AM
Midcentury generally seems to refer to the years between the end of WWII and the end of the Vietnam War, at least how I've heard it used...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 2 of 2