Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 5:55 PM Last edited by omglo : 9th Sep 2019 at 7:16 PM. Reason: removed file
Default Need help fixing my broken social bunny
I made a custom NPC (not cloned from the bunny but from Echo's clown) that is essentially the same as the social bunny (except that I made it so mine won't interact with the therapist, for safety reasons).

The problem is that unlike the real social bunny, mine is visible to all the Sims and not just its owner.

I probably don't need to say this in the modding section, but since it's an NPC, don't put it in your downloads, then load hoods that you want to keep, unless you're willing to keep the bunny forever.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 5:13 PM
You may be out of luck on this, it's the Plumbob that runs the code 'CT - Set Visible' on Social Bunnies and the Therapist. It recognises Social Bunnies by their original GUID (0x2C9BDEB4) but if you set yours to use that as the original GUID it is likely to use the op-codes from the original Social Bunny template making your changes redundant. The only way would be to mod the plumbob to include your social bunny.

The plumbob runs that code from 'Update Other Objects' every time it changes to another sim.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 5:57 PM
Oh, thanks. I guess I'll just live with it the way it is, then.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 11:29 PM
It might be using a cannon to kill a fly, but as a work around, could you have a controller in the Sim Ether that constantly looks to see who is the Currently Selected Sim and toggle the NPC's visibility if it is the owner?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:55 PM
I thought about that too, but was concerned about how frequently the check would need to be looping in the background. I wish the code wasn't in the plumbbob because I really like the idea of making a ton of magical objects that are only visible to their owner.