Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Anonymouse85 : 7th Oct 2019 at 4:53 AM.
Default Custom Whims Part 2 - Solved
Hello again,

since my original post hasn't had a reply yet ( ) I thought I'd get started by trying to rename some interactions first.

Mainly, the "beg for new toys" into "ask for new toys". Now, for some reason I can't figure out, ingame it still shows
"beg for new toys" instead of "ask". I guess it's a case of not seeing the woods through all the trees.

Anyways, if someone could help me find my mistake, that'd be really nice Babysteps and all that.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AskForNewToys.rar (5.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:26 PM
Maybe this will help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1xw1cgYb8

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 4:52 AM
The string tables... Told you, not seeing the woods through all the trees! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 10:58 PM
I hate to necro an old thread, but at least this one is fairly recent. I'm also looking into how whims are triggered and the XML behind it. I'll try taking a look at this link later but am looking for more information on how to trigger whims or modify what triggers them. I've attempted to peruse many XML game files, and have also attempted to decipher other mods that address this, but I don't see anything definitive that clearly triggers them. I may have missed the correct XML file, but unlike other modifications I've made, I can't intuit how this works.