Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 9:02 PM
Default Create Custom Interaction For Vampires
Hello!

I would like some help creating a custom interaction using an animation I created. The animation in question is a vampire animation, a bite animation. I used two standard animations, merged and created a new one similar to sims 4 (I don't like the standard style the vampire asks to drink, so the one I made the vampire hypnotizes his victim).

The animation is longer than the standard, because the vampire bites the victim longer (something else I don't like about the pattern, the bite is so brief that the vampire probably doesn't suck a drop).

Another thing I also wanted to learn is how to add sounds to this animation. I removed the lip movements, so the only sound I need is the sound effect of the Vampire Gaze and the vampire's growl as he bites the victim, which I already have.

I hope someone can help me.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 10:41 AM
Hi there!

Hrm, have you ever done any "Override" mods? If you follow the texture bit of this one, but with CLIP files, then that should do the job: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579498

You do, of course, need to have EA's original vampire CLIP files, because you obviously need to override something with the right instance id, etc. Do you happen to have that? From there, it's easier to help you. EA's clip files can be found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages

Lemme know how that goes!

EDIT: I stumbled across this one, in case you wanted to check out how you can add sound to your animations/poses: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612758
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi there!

Hrm, have you ever done any "Override" mods? If you follow the texture bit of this one, but with CLIP files, then that should do the job: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579498

You do, of course, need to have EA's original vampire CLIP files, because you obviously need to override something with the right instance id, etc. Do you happen to have that? From there, it's easier to help you. EA's clip files can be found in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages

Lemme know how that goes!

EDIT: I stumbled across this one, in case you wanted to check out how you can add sound to your animations/poses: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612758

Hello! Thank you so much for answering!

In fact, I do not intend to make a standard replacement. The animation I created was done with EA CLIPS. I linked the "Vampire Gaze" interaction with the "Bite" interaction animation to form a bite animation similar to The Sims 4's "Compel to Drink."

What I need to know is how to create a custom interaction that uses the clips I created: "x" and "y", similar to the Demoniac Powers mod.

I think it is not possible to make a default replacement because the animation I created is longer than the standard animations. If possible it will make my job much easier, but I find it unlikely.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 4:31 PM
I'm posting here directly instead of PM.

Have you tested the animations with animation player? http://modthesims.info/d/441682/animation-player.html

If you have then make a jazz script. Jazz scripts are easy enough. It's getting late now. I'll post more about it tomorrow.

Once Jazz script is made. We have to make a script mod. This is a different script not jazz. Script mods in sims 3 are made using C#. Modders generally use visual studio to create this script. I recommend visual studio 2015(it's the one I have).

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I'm posting here directly instead of PM.

Have you tested the animations with animation player? http://modthesims.info/d/441682/animation-player.html

If you have then make a jazz script. Jazz scripts are easy enough. It's getting late now. I'll post more about it tomorrow.

Once Jazz script is made. We have to make a script mod. This is a different script not jazz. Script mods in sims 3 are made using C#. Modders generally use visual studio to create this script. I recommend visual studio 2015(it's the one I have).

I confess that I don't have much experience with scripts, I don't know where to start. I know the basics of the basics.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 6:16 AM
Ok download this mod. http://modthesims.info/d/441682/animation-player.html You will find the animation player in buy mode btw. Put your animations inside an S3PE package and then put the package into your mods folder. Also note down the names of the animations in a paper or just screenshot the names on your phone.
1. Now start the game>
2. go to buy mode>
3. buy the animation player>
4. click on the animation player while having an adult sim selected as active>from the pie menu select the add to play option>
5. Now type in the name of the animation, not both just the animation with x(or y your choice) and then press the tick mark(Not the cross) after this another dialog box will pop up asking you to add more animations, press cross here because we don't want to play any more animations for this Sim. >
6. Now hit play and if everything went right your animation should play.

Let me know what happened and if there was any problem.

If this was succesful try the y animation with another Sim. And then we will move to scripts.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 8:49 PM
Ok download this mod. http://modthesims.info/d/441682/animation-player.html You will find the animation player in buy mode btw. Put your animations inside an S3PE package and then put the package into your mods folder. Also note down the names of the animations in a paper or just screenshot the names on your phone.
1. Now start the game>
2. go to buy mode>
3. buy the animation player>
4. click on the animation player while having an adult sim selected as active>from the pie menu select the add to play option>
5. Now type in the name of the animation, not both just the animation with x(or y your choice) and then press the tick mark(Not the cross) after this another dialog box will pop up asking you to add more animations, press cross here because we don't want to play any more animations for this Sim. >
6. Now hit play and if everything went right your animation should play.

Let me know what happened and if there was any problem.

If this was succesful try the y animation with another Sim. And then we will move to scripts.

Sorry for the late answer, but the reason is very good!

I was able to do a standard bite replacement, which was much simpler, I also used XML. Running perfectly now, I'm very happy!

Thanks so much for the help, you two, if it weren't for you, I definitely wouldn't be able to. I uploaded it now, I will wait for the moderation to evaluate and then post the link here.

Thanks again! Hugs!
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Druyddark
Sorry for the late answer, but the reason is very good!

I was able to do a standard bite replacement, which was much simpler, I also used XML. Running perfectly now, I'm very happy!

Thanks so much for the help, you two, if it weren't for you, I definitely wouldn't be able to. I uploaded it now, I will wait for the moderation to evaluate and then post the link here.

Thanks again! Hugs!

That's awesome!. You replaced EA's biting animation with yours? Does this have the green glowing eyes visual effect and sounds?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 9:12 PM
That's awesome!. You replaced EA's biting animation with yours? Does this have the green glowing eyes visual effect and sounds?

Yes! I replaced the default with mine and the interaction is working perfectly.

I'm very excited because I will focus on Blender and eventually make improvements, but the animation was really cool!

And yes, it has eye effects and sound grunting when the vampire bites. I want to add a sound later to the suction, I increased the length of the bite time, I think it would be cool.