Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:00 AM Last edited by Slamyy : 1st May 2020 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
Default Script Mod Crashes Game [SOLVED]
I'm new to script modding and followed this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Object_Modding
To limit the cause of the problem, cloned the same object and used the same script.
However, when I run the game with my modded object, game crashes even before showing Maxis intro.
(Same problem with pure scripting mod as well.)
I see this in crash log in case it's helpful:
Code:
[Instruction data]
0058db96 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.
I should note that even though it compiles without errors in Visual Studio, I have yellow triangles on mscorlib, System and System.Xml references. While adding references, they give "reference is invalid or unsupported" error. So I had to add them by editing project file.

EDIT FOR SOLUTION: Turned out that I have picked .NET Standard template instead of .NET Framework accidentally
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 8:09 AM
Hello Slamyy,

could you upload your mod here please ?

the last part seems to indicate that either your ref are not valid or that there was a problem with setting up Visual Studio

thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Here it is
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SLAMYY_TeddyBearTalking_TEST.zip (116.6 KB, 14 downloads)
Space Pony
#4 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 5:27 PM
ok just took a quick look,

it seems something went wrong when setting up visual studio for one your assembly version is on 4.0 it should be 2.0.
Here are two tutorials for setting up IDEs the first one is for visual studio the second one for sharp develop as an alternative to visual studio

Visual Studio Setup

or my preferred alternative

Sharp Develop Setup

Make sure you follow these steps for your ide make sure you select .NET Framework 2.0.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 6:38 PM
Yeah it is already set to 2.0 in project properties. Can try Sharp Develop if I can't make it work for VS.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#6 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Battery : 21st Jan 2020 at 8:59 PM.
Hmm the problem is that i really can not help you that much with visual studio, since i havent used it in ages.
Is this visual studio or visual studio code ?
If anyone else uses VS he or she might be able to help you there. If not you might want to try out Sharp Develop, i am much more familiar with that nowadays and can guide you

On your picture is a build tab look if you might get a framework selection there
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:52 PM
It works all fine with Sharp Develop! Thanks :D