Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 2:43 AM
Default [advice please] Bands and Singers
It was suggested that I posted to the wrong forum, so I think this is the right place to get some insight?

The lack of including a singer in a band has been a sore point among Simmers since introduced. I have a theory on a method to approach such a mod.

I do not have any modding experience in the sims, as such, before I dive into this project I would like to get an estimation on the concept from those with experience.

So, here's the concept.

Keep it simple.
Edit band membership to include more than 4 members.
Use the audio from Showtime as the entire audio playback. Disregard individual instruments, just play the audio as is synced to the singer.
-If an individual plays the Showtime song its the entire ensemble audio played.
Unlock the Showtime music through the regular band progression.
Mod an instrument that utilizes the Showtime singer animation.

Is this a realistic endeavor?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 10:26 PM
I really want this to happen too! It should be easy to make a microphone stand as an instrument since we already have singing animations. It can even has it's own skill like bass,drums,piano and guitar skills. And I guess karaoke sounds can be used while sims are practicing.
Found these under Rock Band skill, first step is a piece of cake:
Code:
private const int kMaxNumMembers = 4; 
Code:
public bool IsBandFull()
	{
		if (mBandInfo != null)
		{
			return mBandInfo.NumBandMembers == 4;
		}
		return false;
	}
Seems doable to me, would like to hear the opinion of a more experienced person.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 9:41 PM
So line 1. could be changed to 5 and give us a higher member count?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizard4206988
So line 1. could be changed to 5 and give us a higher member count?

Yup. Idk why they just didn't use kMaxNumMember instead of 4 in the IsBandFull function so that needs to be changed to 5 as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 4:00 AM
I'm thinking they limited it so they didn't have to make huge stages at venues, and there's only 4 relevant vanilla instruments. For this to work they'd all have to be edited to include the new position.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 7:20 PM
People who will want to use this mod can easily edit those stages, they just need to make them bit bigger and add the microphone. It's not a must tho, cuz bands work without full members.