Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 1:54 PM
Default Is there anyway to make "Social Custom Interacions" without script??
Is there anyway to make "Social Custom Interacions" without script?? Im learning basics concepts to phyton but it's not an option, I don't have the knowledge or skills at the moment, so ... I have read that it is necessary to do "script" in phyton to make social interactions with animations ... My question is ... Is it possible to make social interactions only to through XML tuning, which contains custom animations?

If possible, someone could tell me how to do it or a tutorial to guide me. I appreciate any help !!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 5:34 PM
No, there is not. You don't need to make your own script either, just use XML Injector or Mod Constructor V4.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
No, there is not. You don't need to make your own script either, just use XML Injector or Mod Constructor V4.

Thanks for answering!! The problem with the XML Ijector or Mod constructor is that if they are not updated in the future and then my mod will be obsolete, but if there is no other way I will have to use them. As I am totally new to this, which one do you recommend using, XML injector or Mod Constructor?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martinrh24
Thanks for answering!! The problem with the XML Ijector or Mod constructor is that if they are not updated in the future and then my mod will be obsolete, but if there is no other way I will have to use them. As I am totally new to this, which one do you recommend using, XML injector or Mod Constructor?

Scripts very rarely break, and when they do it's usually something minor (there is a script on here from 2017 that still works, for example, despite the great mod apocalypse in 2018.). MC4 XML are more likely to cause problems, if the program is no longer being updated and if there is an update that breaks something, due to how they are structured, but can be updated manually if you squint at the file long enough (it pays to learn XML before working with MC4). You can always adjust the XML to be more readable for future updates, if the program does go unsupported in the future, and you can always update the script too. So it won't totally be obsolete as they can be fixed, it's just annoying to do so.

XML Injector is so essential to the community that there is no way it will ever be abandoned (you can pretty much say the same for MC4 as it is also open source). In fact, the link I gave you is the updated version by Triplis since Scumbumbo has passed away, so you can rest assured that situation won't happen.

Personally, I recommend XML Injector if you want to know how the game functions, and also plan on making a lot of unique stuff that involves animations or other custom stuff. MC4 still lacks some features and you have to learn the program in order to make the mod, which takes away the necessity of learning XML (that's why we get a lot of creators making traits, etc. but never being able to update them manually as they don't know how to read the files). You can still do both, but you may prefer doing one over the other and abandon one way. And if you do events, careers, etc. I totally recommend using MC4 instead as there are so many files involved you can get lost and it simplifies the process. It really just depends on your own preferences and what you are making in the end.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:48 PM Last edited by martinrh24 : 12th Feb 2020 at 10:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Scripts very rarely break, and when they do it's usually something minor (there is a script on here from 2017 that still works, for example, despite the great mod apocalypse in 2018.). MC4 XML are more likely to cause problems, if the program is no longer being updated and if there is an update that breaks something, due to how they are structured, but can be updated manually if you squint at the file long enough (it pays to learn XML before working with MC4). You can always adjust the XML to be more readable for future updates, if the program does go unsupported in the future, and you can always update the script too. So it won't totally be obsolete as they can be fixed, it's just annoying to do so.

XML Injector is so essential to the community that there is no way it will ever be abandoned (you can pretty much say the same for MC4 as it is also open source). In fact, the link I gave you is the updated version by Triplis since Scumbumbo has passed away, so you can rest assured that situation won't happen.

Personally, I recommend XML Injector if you want to know how the game functions, and also plan on making a lot of unique stuff that involves animations or other custom stuff. MC4 still lacks some features and you have to learn the program in order to make the mod, which takes away the necessity of learning XML (that's why we get a lot of creators making traits, etc. but never being able to update them manually as they don't know how to read the files). You can still do both, but you may prefer doing one over the other and abandon one way. And if you do events, careers, etc. I totally recommend using MC4 instead as there are so many files involved you can get lost and it simplifies the process. It really just depends on your own preferences and what you are making in the end.

Thank you so much for your aswering!! I will start with XML Injector, I've been studying some XML for a few hours that interest me, so I think the Injector gives me the opportunity to learn better about the different functionalities of XML files. Yes, I have great ideas about evil interactions ... I think there is very little about this in the community and I would like to contribute with "evil interactions" with custom animations, fights, punches and mischief. I will be sharing the progress!

Greetings and thanks once again! : =)