Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 6:42 PM
Search for a particular interaction in mod files
Hi,

I'm curently trying to add mods about vampire to my game, but I wanted to add only the stuff that interests me. So I searched in differents mod's files to use only what I wanted.
But I have a problem for the last interacion that I want from ferferga's Vampire Tweaker V5.1 (http://modthesims.info/m/347130).
I'm searching for the interaction that allow a vampire to go to the hospital to buy blood. Is there an easy way for searching in a mod's files ?
Because it seems I can't find it, so maybe I didn't search properly, but there a many files.

If someone can help me with this it would be wonderful !
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 9:12 PM
Hi there,
All the interactions are contained and added in the script for the mod, not separately in the package file, so i think if you really wanted to do that, you'd have to decompile the code, edit it, and recompile.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hi there,
All the interactions are contained and added in the script for the mod, not separately in the package file, so i think if you really wanted to do that, you'd have to decompile the code, edit it, and recompile.

Thanks !
I found the code so I don't have to decompile it, I'm going to just remove what I don't need.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 4:55 PM
Is there a way to easily edit the code I downloaded via Github ? It seems a bit complicated to me
Senior Moderator
#5 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 7:17 PM
Could you give a link? I'm not sure what form it's in but I think you'll have to somehow open it in something like visual studio to edit and compile it. The easiest way to remove unwanted interactions is to get rid of the line of code where the interactions are added to the sim/object which will be something like sim. AddInteraction(interactionName) but you could also remove the code for the actual interactions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 9:51 PM
Could you give a link? I'm not sure what form it's in but I think you'll have to somehow open it in something like visual studio to edit and compile it. The easiest way to remove unwanted interactions is to get rid of the line of code where the interactions are added to the sim/object which will be something like sim. AddInteraction(interactionName) but you could also remove the code for the actual interactions.

It's here :
https://github.com/ferferga/TS3VampireTweaker
I don't really know from where I have to open it (which directory), I'm not used to VSCode :/
Senior Moderator
#7 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 6:40 PM Last edited by zoe22 : 26th Mar 2020 at 10:47 AM.
Hi there,
So you'll need to download and install Visual Studio. The file you need to open is in:
...\TS3VampireTweaker-master\TS3VampireTweaker-master\src\Proyectos\VS 2012\VampireTweaker. It's the visual studio solution file.
Once you open it, you can have a look around at the code. On the right hand side you can see how it's organised, there's a folder called Interactions with all the different interactions you can delete if you want.
First you'll need to add the sims 3 references. You can see how to extract them here in Getting Started. Or the code might use unprotected dlls so actually you could just download these. Step 4 of this tutorial shows how to add them to the VS project. Once you do that, hopefully you can edit and rebuild the code

The Interactions>Interaction toggle class is where the interactions are added in bulk, so if you don't want any of the sim interactions, you can delete that line of code etc.
The Instantiator class is where the individual interactions are added, so that's where you'll need delete the specific ones you don't want, but have others you do.

Then you can build the solution, and import the dll into the S3SA resource in the mod's package file

Hope this helps/works
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 3:35 PM
Hi there,
So you'll need to download and install Visual Studio. The file you need to open is in:
...\TS3VampireTweaker-master\TS3VampireTweaker-master\src\Proyectos\VS 2012\VampireTweaker. It's the visual studio solution file.
Once you open it, you can have a look around at the code. On the right hand side you can see how it's organised, there's a folder called Interactions with all the different interactions you can delete if you want.
First you'll need to add the sims 3 references. You can see how to extract them here in Getting Started. Or the code might use unprotected dlls so actually you could just download these. Step 4 of this tutorial shows how to add them to the VS project. Once you do that, hopefully you can edit and rebuild the code

The Interactions>Interaction toggle class is where the interactions are added in bulk, so if you don't want any of the sim interactions, you can delete that line of code etc.
The Instantiator class is where the individual interactions are added, so that's where you'll need delete the specific ones you don't want, but have others you do.

Then you can build the solution, and import the dll into the S3SA resource in the mod's package file

Hope this helps/works

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I just opened the project and it seems the references are still there. I'll try to remove things like you said.
Senior Moderator
#9 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valdea
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I just opened the project and it seems the references are still there. I'll try to remove things like you said.

The references are there from the original creator, you should see they have warning sign thingies on them? It's because it can no longer find where they are in order to read them (because they're not on your computer). That's why you have to rereference them again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 5:54 PM Last edited by Valdea : 26th Mar 2020 at 6:15 PM.
The references are there from the original creator, you should see they have warning sign thingies on them? It's because it can no longer find where they are in order to read them (because they're not on your computer). That's why you have to rereference them again.

Yes I saw that and had to reference them. It works well for almost all the files but not for BuffBooter.cs and AssemblyInfo.cs (both are under the CustmBuffs folder). I can't figure why.
It says it can't find the references.
Senior Moderator
#11 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 7:05 PM
Ah you also need to add the references under fer456.VampireTweaker.CustomBuffs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 7:14 PM
Ah you also need to add the references under fer456.VampireTweaker.CustomBuffs

Ok it's done.
Now it seems CustomBuffs part needs me to generate the other part and make it into a reference ? (I can generate the first part, it's working)
I have this include underlined :
using VampireTweaker.Helpers;
Senior Moderator
#13 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 7:23 PM
To the references under fer456.VampireTweaker.CustomBuffs you need to add the fer456.VampireTweaker dll which is in ...\TS3VampireTweaker-master\TS3VampireTweaker-master\src\Proyectos\VS 2012\VampireTweaker\fer456.VampireTweaker\bin\Debug.
I think the only other problem is the line in BuffBooter.cs:

Code:
BuffManager.ParseBuffData(xmlDbData, true);

If you change it to
Code:
BuffManager.TestParseBuffData(xmlDbData);

Hopefully it's the same thing with a new name after a patch
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 7:42 PM
To the references under fer456.VampireTweaker.CustomBuffs you need to add the fer456.VampireTweaker dll which is in ...\TS3VampireTweaker-master\TS3VampireTweaker-master\src\Proyectos\VS 2012\VampireTweaker\fer456.VampireTweaker\bin\Debug.
I think the only other problem is the line in BuffBooter.cs:

Code:
BuffManager.ParseBuffData(xmlDbData, true);

Code:
If you change it to
BuffManager.TestParseBuffData(xmlDbData);

Hopefully it's the same thing with a new name after a patch

Wow that's perfect, I could generate the solution.
I added the two dll into the package by replacing the old ones.
Just hope I did everything well
Thanks a lot for helping me !