Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 2nd May 2024 at 10:09 PM
In my experience in regards to playing sims as a dude, it never even occurred to me to think of The Sims as "for girls" back when, probably because it was my uncle who first started playing The Sims in my family, and he was also the one who introduced me to The Sims 2.

Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
For my sims: Pascal Curious is ace/aro. He has never rolled a want to interact romantically with anyone (unless persistent wants to "get abducted by aliens" counts!), apart from once - the day he became an elder he wanted to "Woohoo". It wasn't directed at anyone particular, it didn't last long, and it has never reappeared.

Oh yeah, my Pascal was the same.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd May 2024 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The good thing about sims is that they don't care about genderising or sexualising things. There is only one thing in the whole game, unrelated to reproduction, that male sims can do and females can't. Pee standing up. XD

Sims also don't care what sexual orientation you are or how you dress, what you like to play with, or whether you're 'traditionally' masculine or feminine.

Maybe that's the real reason that I don't have trans sims. There's no reason to care about what gender you are, because it doesn't affect a sim's life in any way unless they want to procreate.

There's plenty of other things that distinguish sims by gender: what voice they use, what clothing and hair options they have access to and what body shape they have, what pronouns they use, what gendered bathroom doors they use. This isn't the Sims 4 where you can change all of that stuff independently, lol.

I randomly generate whether my sims are straight/gay/bi and/or trans. I don't feel like the game can actually represent aspec orientations at all as-is, it would need a rather extensive mod to make that something I would want to do.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd May 2024 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
There's plenty of other things that distinguish sims by gender: what voice they use, what clothing and hair options they have access to and what body shape they have, what pronouns they use, what gendered bathroom doors they use. This isn't the Sims 4 where you can change all of that stuff independently, lol.

I have plenty of dresses etc. for male sims and trousers etc. for females. The same with hair. Long fancy hair for guys. Short cropped for girls. Gendered bathroom doors are optional. Body shape, pronouns, voice etc. simply aren't important if you aren't being judged because of them, IMO.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 3rd May 2024 at 12:19 PM
There's "differences that exist" and there's "differences that you care about". On that note, please let me know where you got those dresses for men.
All this talk inspired me to start a new hood with a new system. As I'm that kind of person I made a dice-roll system for sexuality, gender, and when the trans sims' eggs crack. Made six starter sims, one with each aspiration, and every one of them is queer in some way. I'll have to see where this goes but it's been fun to play so far.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd May 2024 at 12:21 PM
There's no mod for this game that combine the male and female clothing and hair bins, because the body shapes are different and the meshes that were designed for one body shape don't work with the other. Unless you have a conversion of every single piece of clothing and hair you have in your game, different sims will therefore have access to different sets of items. Both sets may contain both dresses and pants, or both masc and femme styles, but they will still be different sets of items.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd May 2024 at 1:05 PM
There's no mod for this game that combine the male and female clothing and hair bins, because the body shapes are different and the meshes that were designed for one body shape don't work with the other. Unless you have a conversion of every single piece of clothing and hair you have in your game, different sims will therefore have access to different sets of items. Both sets may contain both dresses and pants, or both masc and femme styles, but they will still be different sets of items.

Technically all female sims have access to all clothing items labelled as female, but every sim will choose different styles from those options. So why does it matter that male and female sims don't have exactly the same clothing options?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd May 2024 at 5:38 PM
Well I'm actually asexual in RL lol.

I’m cishet but not a shipper

I often roll with the flow

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd May 2024 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
There's "differences that exist" and there's "differences that you care about". On that note, please let me know where you got those dresses for men.

I made some here, based on the dresses in the link on my upload. I'd also recommend looking at her other stuff too. There are a few other dresses, but because I shoeswapped them I don't have the original name on them. I'll see if I can find them.

https://modthesims.info/d/576503/sh...adult-male.html

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you upload them, I'll download them!

You were the one who inspired me to upload elder female butch clothing. Looking through, I don't really have much that isn't everyday and the stuff I have is mostly what's readily available and you most likely already have. Quite a bit of my stuff that I haven't uploaded is just shoeswapping or 'fixing' a mesh to my tastes.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th May 2024 at 5:18 AM
Technically all female sims have access to all clothing items labelled as female, but every sim will choose different styles from those options. So why does it matter that male and female sims don't have exactly the same clothing options?

Because it changes which options you have available? Which is just one of many differences in how the game functions based on sim gender.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th May 2024 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'm curious what you mean by that! /lh
As the maker of the mod to let toddlers and kids wear all clothes regardless of gender (and I would have loved to do it for other ages if it had been possible) I don't tend to treat my sims differently regarding gender either. For one reason or another basically all my toddlers age up into kids with skirts, and I guess it's just that skirts are fun.

So I’ve been trying to figure out how best to put it into words and I’m really sorry if I offend you nonetheless.

I think the bottom line is I know I’m ignorant. There’s a lot about transgenderism I don’t understand. Past dysmorphia, if I’m being completely honest, I don’t really get it since I don’t really see gender as being a real, innate difference. Of course, there’s plenty to suggest I’m wrong. I’d like to understand it better, but I’m terrified of asking questions because I don’t want to be labelled as transphobic. I’m also no stranger to feeling different and having someone not understand. I wasn’t diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome until I was nearly 18, but for most of my life to that point I felt different even though everyone around me for a long time said I wasn’t (and gave me a long list of ways to fix myself). It hurt and the sad thing was: often I didn’t even need people to understand, I just needed people to accept me and see me as a person. Also the social-awkwardness that comes with my Asperger’s makes extra afraid of asking questions because I’m prone to say something unintentionally insensitive.

What I’m not ignorant of is the discrimination faced by transgender people. It’s disgusting and it shouldn’t be happening. I could go on about how simple things like using people’s correct pronouns doesn’t really effect you, its just basic respect and so much else, but I’m going to try and not turn this post into a novel. The few transpeople I know irl are all smart and kind. No one, least of all them, deserves to be harassed or worse.

It feels icky to me to make a discriminated group that I don’t really understand a part of a game. I think if I did, it would stress me out. I’d be constantly on edge wondering if I’m stereotyping them. I’d question every choice from simple ones like hobbies to whether its okay for me to have them make bad choices like I allow my other sims to (because perfection gets boring).

I hope this answers your question. I’m really sorry if I offended you or anyone else, but I felt you were owed clarification.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 4th May 2024 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets
So I’ve been trying to figure out how best to put it into words and I’m really sorry if I offend you nonetheless.

I think the bottom line is I know I’m ignorant. There’s a lot about transgenderism I don’t understand. Past dysmorphia, if I’m being completely honest, I don’t really get it since I don’t really see gender as being a real, innate difference. Of course, there’s plenty to suggest I’m wrong. I’d like to understand it better, but I’m terrified of asking questions because I don’t want to be labelled as transphobic. I’m also no stranger to feeling different and having someone not understand. I wasn’t diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome until I was nearly 18, but for most of my life to that point I felt different even though everyone around me for a long time said I wasn’t (and gave me a long list of ways to fix myself). It hurt and the sad thing was: often I didn’t even need people to understand, I just needed people to accept me and see me as a person. Also the social-awkwardness that comes with my Asperger’s makes extra afraid of asking questions because I’m prone to say something unintentionally insensitive.

What I’m not ignorant of is the discrimination faced by transgender people. It’s disgusting and it shouldn’t be happening. I could go on about how simple things like using people’s correct pronouns doesn’t really effect you, its just basic respect and so much else, but I’m going to try and not turn this post into a novel. The few transpeople I know irl are all smart and kind. No one, least of all them, deserves to be harassed or worse.

It feels icky to me to make a discriminated group that I don’t really understand a part of a game. I think if I did, it would stress me out. I’d be constantly on edge wondering if I’m stereotyping them. I’d question every choice from simple ones like hobbies to whether its okay for me to have them make bad choices like I allow my other sims to (because perfection gets boring).

I hope this answers your question. I’m really sorry if I offended you or anyone else, but I felt you were owed clarification.

Oh believe me, honey, you and I are a lot alike!

I'm also autistic and didn't find out til adulthood, so I completely understand what you mean by feeling different and being afraid to speak out. But being unintentionally ignorant on occasion is just a mistake everyone makes. It's because the world is imperfect and a lot of people get an incomplete education on such things. I mean, I didn't know g*psy was a slur until I was in my 20s, because no one had ever discussed it with me. The important thing is that it's not intentional, and that you take what you learn from being corrected and apply it going forward.

That being said, ultimately, it's your game! And to be real, there are all kinds of transgender people in the world. There are trans women who love all things traditionally "girly" and ones who love all things traditionally "for boys". The beauty of the modern age is that we're breaking apart those traditions and letting people choose who they want to be and what they want to do. And nobody is perfect, every character should be allowed to make mistakes! Expecting trans people to live up to a standard of perfection not expected of cis people just makes their lives more impossible.

All in all, I think it's good to learn more about people different than yourself. You'll know more over time if you let that knowledge come to you. For now, don't stress and try things out within the safety of your game. There are no thought police, so if you don't share anything, no one will ever know. And if you do share, and it turns out to be wrong? Then you're just like the rest of us at a younger age, honestly. I know I did a ton of cringy stuff when I was younger. I joined this forum as a teenager, for heaven's sakes, and you're already past that. Everybody learns as they grow up. For now, just do the best that you can!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#37 Old 4th May 2024 at 2:40 PM
Because it changes which options you have available? Which is just one of many differences in how the game functions based on sim gender.

Yes, but I don't care lol. They are not important differences.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 4th May 2024 at 4:25 PM
I made some here, based on the dresses in the link on my upload. I'd also recommend looking at her other stuff too. There are a few other dresses, but because I shoeswapped them I don't have the original name on them. I'll see if I can find them.

Found one of them here, for AM and TM. https://theboldandthebeautifulsims....-new-meshes-for

Couldn't find the other one, also for AM and TM. Does this tennis dress look familiar to anyone?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#39 Old 5th May 2024 at 12:08 AM
Yes, but I don't care lol. They are not important differences.

I'm sure you don't, but since the game does in fact treat male and female sims differently, I'm sure you can also see why other people like to play trans sims sometimes. And some people (probably trans people, for example) would probably want to play trans sims even if the game didn't treat them differently.
Link Ninja
#40 Old 5th May 2024 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I'm a bisexual trans man and I know of the potions and still haven't downloaded them, because i'm afraid i'll somehow mess up and blow up my game lol. I always worry before doing something yet I have plenty of mods and cc and sometimes fix stuff (basics like household name) in SimPE.

I have spreadsheets for every household so I have it written down in them if a sim is trans or nonbinary, but do I always gender them right on my simblr? No. Nonbinary sims are especially hard because unlike a trans girl in a dress for example they look like any other sim and then I forget. It has their sexualities listed to and I use ACR and just the basic straight/gay/bi. I often roll to determine a sims sexuality and give it an equal chance since I also have same-sex pregnancy it doesn't matter, they can all have kids! Because it's a game it doesn't have to be realistic to me.

CC clothes for trans sims though is very hard to find. I really should see about those transition potions.

Have you seen the LetoMills tumblr? So many great trans clothing! I went through there a few weeks ago to raid for a sim I plan on transitioning with the potion you mentioned. I did a backup of my hood beforehand and then followed the instructions and it worked out well! I restored from backup because I wanted to test the mod and wanted to make it a more gradual transition and use the potion as the final step. I also used this video tutorial .

Go ahead and use it if you want, just make sure to back up your game!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#41 Old 5th May 2024 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I'm a bisexual trans man and I know of the potions and still haven't downloaded them, because i'm afraid i'll somehow mess up and blow up my game lol. I always worry before doing something yet I have plenty of mods and cc and sometimes fix stuff (basics like household name) in SimPE.

I missed this, haha. The trans potions are not that scary, the SimPE editing bit is optional if you don't want to do it, and if you are worried, you can always make a backup before doing it. I actually had a trans woman post a video about the mod in the thread somewhat recently where she said she preferred not to do the SimPE editing, and instead just use the plastic surgery machine to make the sim's face look more masculine or feminine after the transition. I'm personally hopeless with the plastic surgery machine, but she was able to get results she liked with it.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 5th May 2024 at 10:44 AM
I'm sure you don't, but since the game does in fact treat male and female sims differently, I'm sure you can also see why other people like to play trans sims sometimes. And some people (probably trans people, for example) would probably want to play trans sims even if the game didn't treat them differently.

When did I ever say that other people shouldn't be allowed to play trans sims? I'm sharing my own opinion on what I do.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 5th May 2024 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Have you seen the LetoMills tumblr? So many great trans clothing! I went through there a few weeks ago to raid for a sim I plan on transitioning with the potion you mentioned. I did a backup of my hood beforehand and then followed the instructions and it worked out well! I restored from backup because I wanted to test the mod and wanted to make it a more gradual transition and use the potion as the final step. I also used this video tutorial .

Go ahead and use it if you want, just make sure to back up your game!

Thank you! No I hadn't. I'll have to look into it later. I have it saved now

And thank you to @kestrellyn (so as not to double post)

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#44 Old 6th May 2024 at 12:38 AM
I have a few nonbinary sims. Once they aged up and I was styling them, it just seemed to stick out. For those sims, I just note it on my spreadsheet. One is going to change their name on the next rotation. Their mom is supportive but their dad is not. He's started staying out all night at Lucky Shack Cards and Drink.

Aro-ace- Some, there's no real strict rule for these except they're sims who just never seemed to have an obvious match in a partner and also weren't getting romance-related wants so I just kind of left them alone. One less sim to bother with

Bi sims- don't really do anything different other than have them date sims of all genders.

I don't have any trans sims. Partially because there hasn't been a sim where it's made sense and partially because I don't know how I would want to simulate it in game. I wouldn't want to just download feminine clothes for masculine bodies and vice versa, and just leave it at that. Trans people all go on their own journeys to find the self they want and I wouldn't want to just click a box in SimPE and say "Aha, they're a male sim now!"
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th May 2024 at 1:23 AM
When did I ever say that other people shouldn't be allowed to play trans sims? I'm sharing my own opinion on what I do.

You said the game treated them exactly the same way, and so therefore there was "no reason" to play trans sims.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th May 2024 at 2:09 PM
You said the game treated them exactly the same way, and so therefore there was "no reason" to play trans sims.

No reason for me to play trans sims!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 7th May 2024 at 1:56 AM
That's the fun thing about the Sims, you can do whatever you please and nobody else can tell you that you are doing it "wrong".
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th May 2024 at 5:50 PM
I set all my sims to bi and let them find the mate of their dreams through attraction (or not) but I haven't thought much about sexuality and gender for my sims beyond that. Part of it is simplicity; I don't keep spreadsheets on my game and I try to keep my downloads folder simpler. But I also like to think my sims are all already born their desired gender. I don't have any sims I'd consider asexual either, but again that's because I leave it to attraction and wants. If they don't roll the wants or find a sim that gives them at least two lightning bolts, they just don't need to have a partner.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 12th May 2024 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I always wonder how do (and I’m sure there could be) Simmers play with queer Sims, outside just gay and bi Sims? How do transition or play suppose ‘transgender Sims of a assign sex? What about non-binary and genderfluid Sims? Aro-ace? Would demisexuals be Sims with very high chemistry? What distinguish (if they exist) you do for pansexual and bi Sims? Do you have a Pan Sim date anyone of very dinstict looking Sim that have no gender look, or you have them date supernatural Sims (tbh, it would even be a cool element as its own lifestatesexuality hehe)?

I’’m curious to hear your playstyle experience and incorperation

I roll a dice (0-100) at birth for trans or asexual sims. Asexual is any number below 20 and trans is anything below 10. It usually means I have at learn one of each sim per college rotation. For asexual sims the rules are simple: set their woohoo autonomy in ACR to no woohoo allowed, which also means that unless it's through non-woohoo means, they will never have children. Not a big deal usually, especially for non-straight sims, but I've got an interesting case with Ingrid Beaker, the only surviving child of Loki and Circe, who is rolled to be asexual. I'm thinking a more creative means to keep her genes circulating is impregnating whoever her chosen spouse is instead of her-- just feels like something she'd be interested in studying since she's a health nut.

For trans sims if they roll the die, I usually let them start to express themselves as a child or a teen. I try to go with opposite gendered clothes to the one they're assigned at birth, and give stubble or longer hair depending on their personality (yes, stubble even before they transition, say they used a magic marker or something). Once they're teens I let them choose a new name (and it's always one that starts with the same letter as their dead name, just keeps things easier for me), and I have the transgender potions in my game, but I keep them at 5000 simoleons because realistically speaking switching your literally biology isn't a cheap option. Teens can either receive it as a birthday present from their parents if there's enough money and their relationship is good, or if there's not enough money they have to try and earn it for themselves, meaning some sims transition way faster than others. I find it adds an interesting challenge because in my game 5000 simoleons is a hefty chunk of change, so it means my trans sims really have to work to get their happy ending and the final result is so much more satisfying than just magically giving them the potion and being done with it. After they're transitioned they're just normal sims as far as I'm concerned, but they do keep the gender preference they were assigned at birth with because as far as I know, that wouldn't change just because your body now aligns with your identity.

I would play with more spectrums if the game allowed for more fluid expression instead of a strict binary, and since I play a relatively CC light game right now I find it ridiculously limiting to have to download whole sets of outfits that could maybe work for an intersex or non-binary sim. The other thing is I find that if I make a trait of theirs too specific (I used to play with blindness and deafness, give sims a blind overlay or a cochlear implant, for example) I just kind of forget about it and it ends up having no real impact on gameplay, whereas asexual and trans sims present a direct challenge to how my sims normally live their lives, namely if they can or can't reproduce, so trying to solve that issue makes for much more engaging gameplay. I'm also just not informed enough on what it's like to be non-binary, intersex, etc. so I feel a bit strange playing an identity that I just don't really understand.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 13th May 2024 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
I roll a dice (0-100) at birth for trans or asexual sims. Asexual is any number below 20 and trans is anything below 10. It usually means I have at learn one of each sim per college rotation. For asexual sims the rules are simple: set their woohoo autonomy in ACR to no woohoo allowed, which also means that unless it's through non-woohoo means, they will never have children. Not a big deal usually, especially for non-straight sims, but I've got an interesting case with Ingrid Beaker, the only surviving child of Loki and Circe, who is rolled to be asexual. I'm thinking a more creative means to keep her genes circulating is impregnating whoever her chosen spouse is instead of her-- just feels like something she'd be interested in studying since she's a health nut.

With those parents she has to cook something up in the lab. XD
Page 2 of 3