Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2024 at 6:21 PM
Default SimPE SWAF "I Am" files- Possible look into neighborhood stories?
Do keep in mind that I am no programmer, so I don't know if it can be done, but...
I was dicking around in the SWAF editor, trying to fix some want histories in my uberhood, when I noticed some special things in the want histories for the premade sims in the base game neighborhoods- triggers called IAM- LastnameFirstname, e.g. IAM- GothCassandra for Cassandra Goth. I assume these are used to set up the wants and fears at the start of the game, even if they normally would be impossible- say, it's why Titania Summerdream wants to adopt a baby, even though the only times I've ever seen sims roll wants to adopt are right after a gay couple gets joined, or why Olive Specter wants to invite over Buzz, despite not even liking him. However, I alongside the files for every moved in premade in the three base game neighborhoods, I also found some other I AM triggers. For example, I saw some I AM triggers for Don and Sarah Baxter from Waterside, a Denise (EP4 Demo), Basil and Sybil Fawlty (for some reason? Maxis is an American company, but Fawlty Towers is quintessentially British, so I'm very confused about the reference) and, the most interesting to me, Contessa Capp, in spite of the fact that she is dead when Veronaville begins, indicating that her being dead was a VERY last minute decision. What I want would be for someone who is more versed in SimPE so look at all of the I AM triggers, and see what wants these can trigger- I want to see what Contessa's role could've been in Veronaville, what's the deal with all the demo sims and the Fawlty's, or maybe see if the living premades are pushed to get other special wants after the ones they start with are fulfilled. Thanks!

Justice for Viola Monty!