Away You Ugly Thing! - Wall Top Texture Replacement***In Three Flavors
Uploaded 25th May 2011 at 11:41 PM · Updated 28th May 2011 at 8:44 PM by Maranatah
I've always, always hated how the default texture of wall tops looks like in TS2. After seeing an improvement in S3, I decided that it's about time to make a default texture replacement for S2! Now you don't have to look at those ugly brown textures anymore. Especially useful to builders and those who play mostly with walls down.
Now you can choose from three options. Remember that you can only have one default replacement at the time!
5/28/11: Added medium and dark grey recolors.
This should work with all games, including just Base game.
Pop this tiny little replacement file into your Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads.
Additional Credits: Photoshop CS3
[Maranatah]Wall-top_DEFAULT REPLACEMENT_dark grey.zip
Size: 468 Bytes · Downloads: 3,511 · 28th May 2011
|468 Bytes||3,511||28th May 2011|
[Maranatah]Wall-top_DEFAULT REPLACEMENT_medium grey.zip
Size: 484 Bytes · Downloads: 3,529 · 28th May 2011
|484 Bytes||3,529||28th May 2011|
Size: 383 Bytes · Downloads: 13,740 · 25th May 2011
|383 Bytes||13,740||25th May 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You are free to modify my lots as you like for your own, personal use.
You may include my recolors and meshes to your lots, but please add credits and link to the original thread.
Do NOT upload my lots to any site, including Exchange and TSR.
Do NOT claim my work to be yours.