AMB Career Rewards as Dollhouses
Uploaded 26th Apr 2017 at 10:18 PM · Updated 6th Jun 2018 at 1:46 PM by sweetdevil
Now your sim kids (and adults) can play with a traditional manor, a modern skyscraper or a spoopy graveyard!
(The tower is a reward for the Architect profession; the graveyard goes, oddly enough, to the Ghost Hunter; and the manor is a sculpture )
"No matter the age, what lies beyond the visible is always a subject of deep thought. But, sometimes, the peace and slight creepiness of cemeteries just looks nice." (Graveyard / "Paranormal Memento")
"It has often been said that really little things are really cute, no matter what it is. This miniature house is no exception." (Manor / "Mon Petite Chateau")
"This impressive tower is more than enough to inspire any budding architect!" (Tower / "Empirical Building Model")
The Ambitions EP is not required for these. They will also not conflict with the existing career rewards.
The dollhouses cost $250 and can be found under Nursery \ Toys.
Like the regular dollhouse, up to 2 sims can play with one dollhouse simultaneously.
The tower and manor are recolorable with 4 channels and come in 3 presets, the graveyard isn't recolorable at all and has only one preset.
Known issues and technical information
The only issue is a visual one. Specifically, one of the sim's hands will float in midair where it normally rests on the dollhouse.
This is purely cosmetic and can be chalked up to them reaching for something, if you're taking screenshots.
To make the dollhouses, I changed their script class to that of the basegame dollhouse.
Since the tower and graveyard were facing a weird way, I exported their meshes and rotated them.
I also adjusted the sim slot placement locations for some of them so the sims wouldn't clip, but it's been so long since I've worked on them that I forgot which
Finally, I edited the textures for the tower and made it recolorable!
|Filename||sweetdevil_DollhouseGraveyard.package (inside sweetdevil_DollhouseGraveyard.zip)|
|Filename||sweetdevil_DollhouseManor.package (inside sweetdevil_DollhouseManor.zip)|
|Filename||sweetdevil_DollhouseTower.package (inside sweetdevil_DollhouseTower.zip)|
Size: 379.9 KB · Downloads: 1,168 · 26th Apr 2017
|379.9 KB||1,168||26th Apr 2017|
Size: 586.0 KB · Downloads: 1,314 · 26th Apr 2017
|586.0 KB||1,314||26th Apr 2017|
Size: 400.9 KB · Downloads: 1,255 · 26th Apr 2017
|400.9 KB||1,255||26th Apr 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Ayy, here's what I do!
If you have questions about something, I'd be happy to do my best to help (unless it's about script modding!).
Feel free to pick apart, reuse, reupload etc. what I post - just don't stick it behind a paywall, ad link, donation wall or whatever else "make money off the work of others" system is trendy nowadays.
sweetdevil-sims - main Tumblr; also has a lot more downloads than what I posted here.
TS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mega - folder with my downloads (with previews).
SimFileShare - folder with my downloads (no previews).
CC reuploads: gelina | Hal's Archive | Iggysaurus-rex | Kewai-Dou | mitarasi | Modish Kitten | pocci | Yesod Sims
Others: generic Mega folder | generic Box folder