Control Any Sim v1.2.2
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
223,440 Downloads 1,749 Thanks Thanks 387 Favourited 412,809 Views
Personal Picked Upload! This is a personal favourite of the creator!
Uploaded 4th Nov 2019 at 5:28 PM · Updated 12th Jan 2021 at 10:57 PM by TitanNano : now tested with 184.108.40.2060 and all EPs + GPs
Version 1.2.2 now available
- fixed an incompatibility with the latest version of TS4 #35
- the French translation has been completed to be on par with the latest strings introduced in v1.2.0 #9 #28
- a LICENSE.txt file is now included in the distributedarchive
- if a sim is turned into a household NPC, the mod makes sure they're not being selected any longer
- Household members can now be turned into household NPCs. The game will then treat them similar to pets. #3
- Any Sim can now be turned into a roommate and all roommates can be easily removed from any household. This also works in university housing / dorms.
- fixed an UI exception which sometimes occurred after removing a controlled sim #20
- Italian, Swedish, Dutch, Russian and Spanish translations have been added #13 #12 #17 #10 #11
- Chinese translation has been updated
- game state should no longer get corrupted when loading an older save file, or loading a cache with non-existing sim ids in general #22
- the mod will treat its cache with more caution now and not blindly trust it any longer
- English text is now displayed for all languages which haven't been translated yet #6
- Interactions have been translated to Chinese
- Interactions have been translated to French #5
- Having sims in the selection list while leaving the lot or closing the game could cause exceptions
- Some times it was not possible to switch the active sim. This was often caused by one of the sims being at work while entering the lot.
- Traveling to a residential lot without a household caused an exception. #8
- The mods version number is now available in game through the cheat console via the command canys.version
- English interaction labels have been changed from "Make Selectable" to "Control Sim" as well as from "Make Not Selectable" to "Don't Control Sim"
This mod lets you take control of any sim in your game. Most NPC sims will have a new interaction on them in the Actions group.
This interaction allows the player to either make an NPC playable or make him unplayable again. Once a sim has been made playable, they can be controlled like a household sim. If the sim is currently not on the same lot as the sim which added him, away actions will be available. These are the normal away actions for played sims.
All actions are supposed to work as they usually do with sims in the active household. This allows the player to switch to one of the additionally added sims and play them on the lot they are currently situated at.
If a sim is currently on the lot when the player takes control of them, the sim will be instantly controllable. As long as an autonomous sim is selected they will behave as all other active sims and the game treats them like normal active sims. But as long as a usually autonomous sim is not currently selected, they will be treated as an NPC like the game usually does. This can mean that sims will stop obeying the players commands once they switch control to another sim.
Can I make sims of my currently active household unselectable?
Yes, as of version 1.2.0 it is possible to turn sims into household NPCs.
Can I use this mod with MCCC?
Yes, each version is tested with MCCC to assure compatibility.
Does adding a sim/NPC to your household or making them 'active' turn them into a household member (for the duration)?
No, controlling a sim does not touch the targeted sims household.
|Incomplete Translations||Missing Translations|
This mod has been tested with game version 220.127.116.110 and all expansion packs as well as all game packs. Only the base game should be required, though.
The source code of this mod can be found here and any issues with the mod can be reported either here or in the comment section of this site.
Size: 28.2 KB · Downloads: 158,680 · 17th Nov 2020
|28.2 KB||158,680||17th Nov 2020|
Size: 24.1 KB · Downloads: 26,859 · 21st Mar 2020
|24.1 KB||26,859||21st Mar 2020|
Size: 24.1 KB · Downloads: 10,582 · 29th Jan 2020
|24.1 KB||10,582||29th Jan 2020|
Size: 17.7 KB · Downloads: 16,875 · 9th Nov 2019
|17.7 KB||16,875||9th Nov 2019|
Size: 13.8 KB · Downloads: 10,316 · 4th Nov 2019
|13.8 KB||10,316||4th Nov 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
Need more information?
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
Also Thanked - Users who thanked this download also thanked: