Sims 3 Script Extender (Version 1.03)
Updated: 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:28 PM - Installation added to Description Text
The Sims 3 Script Extender (S3SE) adds IO functionality previously unaccessible to Modders. If you are a script modder you can access the new Functionality by interfacing with the C# Script Utility mod.
Right now the mod only adds IO capabilities and playing global sounds/music to the game.
If you got suggestions what additional features would be cool, let me know and i see if implementing them makes sense for the mod.
You will need my Script Utility mod (Version 1.02b8 and up) to Interface with this mod.
Always run any S3SE executable as Admin
Problem: My game crashes when starting up the game.
Step 1:Temporary remove S3SE
Step 2: count/measure the seconds it takes from running TS3W.exe until the Loading bar to the Main menu is at roughly 50%, then quit the game when possible
Step 3: Put S3SE back into the bin folder and open up S3SE.ini
Step 4: change Delay_ms= from 35000 to the seconds measured in Step 2 times 1000 ( so if it took 50 sekonds you should have Delay_ms=50000
Step 5: Save the changes, close S3SE.ini and rerun the game.
Current functionality :
- Load / Save Files
- Load Assemblies
- Check if a Folder / File Exists
- Get The Users Mod Directoy path
- Create Directories
- List Sub Folders / Files in Directory
- Play "Global" sounds
- Create MP3 Music Playlists
1) Install the (Script Utility mod)
2) Extract the content of the S3SE 7z to \Sims3\Game\Bin
Usage (Players And Modders):
Always Run S3SE_runtime.exe with Admin Privileges (Run as Admin)
Start your Game, when the loading bar to the main menu is roughly at 50% run S3SE_runtime.exe, if the process was sucessful you should see a Message soon after
Users who can start the game via TS3W.exe:
just start the game as you usually would
You can now find the nraas_exporter_002 mod in the downloads section.
This mod is an example usecase for S3SE, with it you can load or save the settings of your NRaas mods from/to disk and can carry them over to other Computers or exchange your Settings with other Players.
Check out Lyralei's great tutorial that showcases the S3SEexample.package with some cool Examples to try. But be warned, only follow that Link if you dont suffer from anatidaephobia ! (she really could have been a bit more considerate and use something like spiders instead)
Tutorial - Using Battery's S3SE tool as a script modder
I dont take any responsibility for any damage caused by this mod (direct or indirect), so as always use at your own risk !
Do not reupload / claim as your own.
Do not create derivatives based on this
Right now im not aware of any conflict with another mod, let me know if you run into such a problem.
- The game can crash at the Startup (the Start procedure is somewhat delicate and time sensitive) Trying again often results in success. Please let me know if this happens to you and when in the loading process this happens approximately
- Some antivirus software detects the files as malware
- Writing files to protected drives does not work (I guess thats not an issue ? )
Original Prototype Upload
Added: Global Sound/Music Playing ability (test stage)
Fixed: One-shot Commands in quick succession wont interfere with each other anymore
Small stability update the launch process should now crash less often...
Added: 2 Example Mods (NRaas exporter and S3SE example)
-File Delete, Directory Delete
-Overload for the PlayWav method to allow for looping a sound
-.asi version that loads in S3SE without the need of the S3SE.exe
-S3SE.exe since S3SE can be loaded through the asi or S3SE_runtime.exe
Fixed: writing to files had an issue where it would crash the game in some instances
Special thanks to my fellow Script modders who risked their lives to test S3SE (Testing was maybe not quite that dramatic)
C# IDE Used: trusty old SharpDevelop
CPP IDE Used: Code::Blocks (Compiler MSYS2 x86 package)
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Description: Custom book
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
No metadata could be extracted from this file
| S3SE Main Mod (Version 1.03) Requires Battery_Utility_1.03 or higher
Size: 1.42 MB · Downloads: 2,491 · 16th Oct 2021
|1.42 MB||2,491||16th Oct 2021|
| (example mod) The Example used in Lyraleis tutorial
Size: 1.12 MB · Downloads: 133 · 16th Oct 2021
|1.12 MB||133||16th Oct 2021|
| (example mod) Ex/imports NRaas settings now outdated
Size: 5.0 KB · Downloads: 136 · 16th Apr 2021
|5.0 KB||136||16th Apr 2021|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
An easy way to load this mod if you are using Origin instead of using the runtime exe
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Miscellaneous: Tools which do not fit into the above categories.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools