No Zodiac Chemistry
Updated: 5th Mar 2021 at 1:29 AM - Minor description tweaks
Since this removes a potential +35 to the best possible attraction score, I lowered the threshold required for 3 bolts of chemistry from a score of 90 to a score of 75. When I tried this in game, no 2 bolters went up to 3 and no 3 bolters dropped down to 2, so this seems to be a good balance. You can easily change this threshold though, read how further down in the description.
Instead, I found that 2 of my important Veronaville couples, Juliette Capp & Romeo Monty and Hermia Capp & Puck Summerdream previously had 1 bolt now have 2 bolts because they previously had the -35 penalty from mutual zodiac repulsion. As you can see from the screenshot, with this mod, Juliette is much more attracted to Romeo now!
I highly recommend using this mod with a mod that adds Secondary Aspirations to the Chemistry system such as HobbesED's Secondary Aspiration Attraction or Midgethetree's Romantic Standards . This will mean you have another very relevant way of getting attractions and repulsions.
I was inspired by GonerilCapp's Zodiac Compatibility Overhaul and I got some really helpful advice from Midgethetree here and here.
I in no way mean this mod as an insult to the belief in astrology. I wanted this mod for my game for several reasons; 1. I play with premade families and most of them have different personalities to what their star sign would usually be, 2. I use a few mods that basically untie star sign from personality such as Piqiwi's Parenthood and Epi's Baby Personality. This has pretty much resulted in star signs being completely random and irrelevant in my game. I did not want something so random interfering with the delicate complexity of the otherwise precise chemistry system.
How to change the minimum required attraction score for 3 bolts:
1. Open this mod with the latest version of SimPE
2. Click on the Attraction Tuning BCON and click the plugin view tab
3. Click on line 2 called 'Min Attraction for Heavy Attraction' and change the box next to 'Dec' on the left side from 75 (which was 90) to whatever you want!
4. Click 'Commit' then save the package
If you need more help with this, let me know!
SimPE, Midgethetree (@Radium), GonerilCapp
Social Mods: Social Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with each other)
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Size: 466 Bytes · Downloads: 1,492 · 2nd Mar 2021
|466 Bytes||1,492||2nd Mar 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.