Edited School & Teacher Hours
Updated: 20th Sep 2022 at 3:53 AM
So... I whipped this up and I am pretty satisfied.
How a school day works?
Both children and teens attend school at the same time (8am) (bus 7am). On every school day your children\teens will wake up at 6am just an hour before to get ready for the bus pick up. If they miss the bus or you don't want them to take the bus because you feel being at school an hour early is too early (I agree), it's ok, you have until 8am until actual class starts.
Children (elementary) and teens (high school) dismiss from school at different times (teens get out an hour early, which is default by EA). Children dismiss school at 3pm while teens dismiss school at 2pm. This means a full 8 hours of school for children and 7 hours for teens instead of 5 hours for teens and 6 hours for children.
What are the hours for teachers?
I did not change the hours for every education career level. I only changed the hours for teachers. Any education career level with "Teacher" in it's title will all attend work and dismiss from work at the same hours (7am-4pm).
I made it so that teachers will be at school an hour earlier than all students; unless your children\teens rode the bus. Teachers will still be doing their job when all the students dismiss. I imagine it as meetings and planning the next school day.
This means teachers dismiss work 1 hour after children dismiss and 2 hours after teens dismiss.
If you are having problems with the original mod I have an alternative version, which you will have to install a different way. For this to work you will need all expansion packs since this is coming from my own game. My original file only requires Ambitions and Generations. Back up your GameplayData file! Read the instructions beside the file before downloading!
* Created and tested with patch 1.69 and should work with patch 1.67 (not sure about anything before that so use at your own risk)
* Conflicts *
This mod is a XML file and shouldn't conflict with any other mod except "School Tuning-Detention, Start Times, and Sleeping in Class" created by van Dorn
* Ask Questions *
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let me know if you experience any issues. I will be glad to help.
Description: Teens must learn
Description: Work on Robots
This mod has specific instructions!If you're new to downloading mods follow this tutorial! - https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Setup_and_Files
| Extract Winrar -> open file with S3PE -> Right click on the Careers XML file ->Export -> To file (somewhere easy to find) -> Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay -> Open GameplayData with S3PE -> Find Careers XML -> Right click -> Replace w exported file
Size: 39.7 KB · Downloads: 102 · 19th Sep 2022
|39.7 KB||102||19th Sep 2022|
Size: 3.5 KB · Downloads: 308 · 16th Sep 2022
|3.5 KB||308||16th Sep 2022|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
N/A / Other
|Into the Future|