OMSP - Invisible Kitchen Surface
Updated: 21st Sep 2022 at 5:21 PM
My favorite use is to place it between counters -- perfect for holding small appliances or fitting in an extra cooking space.
Another idea is to add it to dinning table for sims to drop group platters after serving a meal.
21st September '22: improved clickable area to be easier to grab in buy mode and less likely to click on in live mode.
20th September '22: fixed an error that prevented cats from using this object; improved routing so that sims can grab things from different sides.
17th September '22: gave it slightly higher priority as a surface for dropping dirty plates and whatnot.
If you don't have AL or M&G, consider yourself a tester. You don't need any particular pack, but it certainly isn't for bare base game. I'm not sure about the exact game version it would be compatible with.
- One for small kitchen appliances like microwaves and coffee machines
- One for food preparation
- One for dropping off dishware, cups, pizza, chinese, juice trays and food stuff
- 4th dummy deco slot to comply with game's standards for counters (ignore it)
- Automatically turns invisible in Live mode
- Has invisible recolor in Buy mode, but it really only useful if you need to take pictures outside of Live mode
- No shadows, no 'hood view
- It's free standing at counter height and doesn't snap onto other objects
- Easy to grab in buy mode, but doesn't get in the way of clicking on other objects in live mode
- Shiftable up and down to match heights of tables and whatnot
- Quarter tile enabled
- Intersects anything without moveobjects
- Has a slightly lower priority for food preparation and slightly higher priority as a surface for dropping stuff, so that sims will prefer normal counters for cooking if they are nearby, and clog this thing with dirty plates instead
- Medium quality and time of cooking
- Doesn't get dirty
- Doesn't have drawer/door opening animations
- Contrary to the screenshots, doesn't show up in sim's interaction queue icon during cooking, food icon shows up instead
- By Function: Surfaces - Counters
- By Room: Kitchen
- Price: §0
28 faces, 21 vertices
By The Way
I have a mod in testing that allows to use kitchen appliances without counters, but this OMSP has an advantage of being a cooking surface, and sims can never have too much cooking space.
It was supposed to be an easy object, but because I decided to get fancy with slots, I ended up rewriting every object function, and it was hell I hope it's good. Poke me with a stick if I broke anything.
Credits And Thanks
itsdiamondeyesuniverse for the mesh and moral support
creators of SimPE, TheCompressorizer, Photoscape, yada yada
HugeLunatic and other creators for pictured stuff
elfpuddle and everybody who agreed or not agreed with them
Description: This is a surface for food preparation or small appliances that automatically becomes invisible in live mode. Sort of a kitchen counter OMSP. You don't have to recolor it with design tool, unless you are taking pictures in buy mode and want to hide it. Can be shifted up and down with [ and ] keys. Lamare
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Updated to improve clickable area of the mesh
Size: 8.9 KB · Downloads: 1,040 · 21st Sep 2022
|8.9 KB||1,040||21st Sep 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Latest updated mods:
- Invisible Kitchen Surface: fixed a bug
- Maternity set: new versions with less child wants and removed gender preference restrictions
- 50 LTWs: translations
- Hobby Lot Visitor Fix: added family restrictions
- LTW Chooser: Shapeshifting, Rerolling and Support for future wants
- Job options: career-types-mutually-satisfy-wants compatible with LTWs
- YA Job Panel Revealer now shows hints in menu options
Mods in progress. These mods work, but might be unfinished.
- Music Preferences Mod: Favorite Radio Stations, Stereo Ownership, Dancing Autonomy
- Toddlers: outings and restaurants
- Electrical box, power generator and more
- Marriage for students (cluttered and confusing thread)
- Moving out mod
Policy: for personal use and for science.
Don't include my stuff with lots, because it's all hacks and mods. Exception: sims 3 paintings.
I'm fine with you reusing bits of my code. Give credit where appropriate.