Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"
To use this program, simply unzip the package to your desktop or to any subfolder in Windows and double click on the SimGameselector.exe program. Click yes to allow the program to make changes to your computer as this program does make changes in order to hide or uncover your installed EP's and SP's to your Sims 3 game launcher.
This program will detect all your Inatalled Expansion and Stuff Packs and will display them in a single iconic page for you to select or de-select a game for launching. You do not have to install the program, nor do you need to run it from a special directory.
Once the Sim Game Selector is launched, simply choose or unchoose the Expansion Packs or Stuff Packs Sim Games that you wish to have installed/not installed (note this game selector does not uninstall your game as it simply hides the game from Sims 3 launcher.) Once you have made your selection, you can either launch Sims 3 from the game selector itself (big launch button) or click the save menu selection and click on the x to exit and start up the Sims 3 game from outside the program.
The games that you selected are shown in the original icon colors and the games that you un-selected will be shown in grey; thus if you only want to play World Adventures, click on the remaining icons until all of icons are grey except for World Adventures; then click on the big Launch button at the bottom.
Optionally you can right click on any of the game icons to launch only that one sim game (along with the base sims 3), such as if you only want to play World Adventures Only, right click the World Adventure icon to bring up a pop up menu and click on launch World Adventure. You can also right click the big launch button too, which allows you to play only the base game without any EPs or SPs.
Uniqueness of this program is that it supports selecting all the latest EPs and SPs. in comparison to many versions that don't. Also because it doesn't create or delete any EA game directories, create a world and all mods are compatible with this sim game selector. This program is a sstand alone companion program to your Sims EP's and SP's making your launch time quicker by not having all the EPs and SPs installed everytime you play.
Update: Latest version 1.01 now includes Restore under the Save menu. This feature guarantees that you will never lose an EP/SP link due to programmer's negligence Also thanks to MaxQBaker and his testing, the latest version supports x86 (32bit) windows 8 as well as x64. Thank you all for your testing and reporting. I am happy to say that the latest version is super clean in programming due to having to making it x86 compatible.
Update: Newest Version 2.2 now supports Island Paradise and contains the arbitrary version number (greater then the last version of 1.01) in help. Otherwise nothing else has changed. Program has been very stable since initial release and if you have any problems such as having to use the task manager to cancel simgameselector, use the save function and exit simgameselect… and just use the sims 3 game launcher instead. Launching your sims game from SimGameSelector was only a convenience and is not required. Once you have saved your selections it remains the default until you re-select your games and save again.
Update: Latest Version 3.0 now supports Movie Stuff and the EP "Into the Future".
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| latest version for movie stuff and Into the future EP
Size: 2.73 MB · Downloads: 33,812 · 16th Oct 2013
| This is the newest version that supports Island Paradise.
Size: 2.52 MB · Downloads: 4,185 · 26th Jun 2013
| This is the second old Version that supports x86 (32 bit windows) and has a restore feature for never losing the links. Please download the newer version 2.2 for island paradise support.
Size: 2.43 MB · Downloads: 3,226 · 1st Apr 2013
| This is the original and older version of the SimGame Select. I left it up so you know that 700+ gamers have downloaded this and have found it safe to use. Please download the new version 2.2 to get a much more safer version.
Size: 3.79 MB · Downloads: 5,140 · 29th Mar 2013
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
ralphaelninja also recommends you check the following:
This program is self-contained and requires no additional install instructions. Just unzip on your desktop or even in your download directory and double click on SimGameSelector.exe and it will automatically run. Click yes to allow it to make changes to your computer as it needs to hide or unhide games from Sims 3 Launcher