MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nosy sim interactions UPDATED April2021

by FloTheory Posted 22nd Nov 2019 at 6:57 PM - Updated 5th May 2021 at 8:49 AM by FloTheory : ntically invol
50 Comments / replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hi simmers, first of all I appologize
because I'm not able to provide a bug free mod.

What I did is a tricky way to prevent your sims
from resetting with the help of a try and catch error
dialogue.
Now instead of resetting sims you will see a
blue pop up window and you'll have to click on delete.

I know this is lame and I'm really sorry I'm out of
options in how to fix my mod. I just wanted to bring
this possibility for those who absolutly want use the
mod but fear resets.


Good news is I also added two new questions, thank you for the idea MissPat

- Any romances?


- Can we be exclusive?


What is this mod :
It's three new friendly social interactions :

- Do you have children ?

- Who do you live with ?

- Any family ?


Hope you'll have fun!


Known issues :
- Some players are experiencing a reset error when asking these new questions in game. I opened a thread to test updates in order to fix this problem. If you want to help or report errors :
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648806

Future improvements :
- Grant the wish "Talk to" when asking these questions.
- Add "Any pets", "What skills do you have", and "What is your favorite dish"?


Additional Credits:

Thanks to CmarNYC for the great tutorial (Adding pie menu options to sims)
Thanks to Battery for the great help.
Thanks to Battof88 for sharing C# knowledge with me.


Updates:

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Built with Game Version: 1.69
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
FloTheory_CombinedNosySim V7.14.package.7z

Size: 16.8 KB · Downloads: 1,367 · 8th Apr 2021
16.8 KB 1,367 8th Apr 2021
FloTheory_CombinedNosySim V6.2.package.7z

Size: 15.4 KB · Downloads: 1,444 · 28th Aug 2020
15.4 KB 1,444 28th Aug 2020
FloTheory_NosySim V5.12.package.7z

Size: 13.9 KB · Downloads: 729 · 19th Jun 2020
13.9 KB 729 19th Jun 2020
FloTheory_NosySimV4.10.7z

Size: 13.6 KB · Downloads: 1,302 · 22nd May 2020
13.6 KB 1,302 22nd May 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:51 AM
I was so excited about this mod, but my Sims reset anytime I try to use it.
They ask the question, and before the other Sims answers, my Sims gets reset.
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 4:53 PM Last edited by DreDiz : 19th Jul 2020 at 8:19 PM.
Love it, much needed interactions thanks for creating this. Its been working great but I did just find a a bug, I asked a werewolf Sim if they had any children and that caused my Sim to get reset as someone else had mentioned too, it seems to be only an issue with occult Sims. Same interaction worked fine with a regular Sim. Thanks again for your work!
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 12:52 PM
It's strange when a dog asks sims about their family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRed
I was so excited about this mod, but my Sims reset anytime I try to use it.
They ask the question, and before the other Sims answers, my Sims gets reset.


Hi, sorry for the late answer and thank you for your feedback.
Is your sim resetting with every sims or is it with a certain type of sim (service sims, supernaturals etc...)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDiz
Love it, much needed interactions thanks for creating this. Its been working great but I did just find a a bug, I asked a werewolf Sim if they had any children and that caused my Sim to get reset as someone else had mentioned too, it seems to be only an issue with occult Sims. Same interaction worked fine with a regular Sim. Thanks again for your work!


Hi, thank you very much for the kind words!
I'll be adding supernatural sims, thank you for pointing that out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamerOnLine
It's strange when a dog asks sims about their family.


It is indeed
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 10:47 PM Last edited by baby_freak_angel : 18th Aug 2020 at 2:35 AM.
Love the mod, However i play in an english game as i live in canada and noticed the strings dont look right. When Sim A, asks Sim B about her children, and who she lives with the Pop up reads "I live "name of sim", Age my year old husband". So the sentence isnt written properly or the strings dont line up properly.

Edit: added an ingame screen pic of the Pop up. As you can see, My sim asked Dallas Shallow who he lived with, and the pic shows the response, My game is Default english. as i live in Canada. Im not sure why or how the wording in the sentence changes where the Age should be. However the mod does work fine, just this little info pop up bugs me...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_freak_angel
Love the mod, However i play in an english game as i live in canada and noticed the strings dont look right. When Sim A, asks Sim B about her children, and who she lives with the Pop up reads "I live "name of sim", Age my year old husband". So the sentence isnt written properly or the strings dont line up properly.

Edit: added an ingame screen pic of the Pop up. As you can see, My sim asked Dallas Shallow who he lived with, and the pic shows the response, My game is Default english. as i live in Canada. Im not sure why or how the wording in the sentence changes where the Age should be. However the mod does work fine, just this little info pop up bugs me...


Thank you for the feedback and for the picture, that helps! I will look at the STBL
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 5:36 PM
The "any" family interaction still causes a jump bug in my game, just wanted to tell you, therefore i must delete it, but its a nice job you've done
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligi
The "any" family interaction still causes a jump bug in my game, just wanted to tell you, therefore i must delete it, but its a nice job you've done


Thank you for the feedback. Is it with a type of sim in particular (occult, npc, service sim, townies) ? This would help me find the error
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:33 PM
It's such a good mod, but I wish you can fix it. Sometime works, the other times when I make them ask this question my sims gets reset.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruya08
It's such a good mod, but I wish you can fix it. Sometime works, the other times when I make them ask this question my sims gets reset.


Hi Ruya08, I would like to fix this mod but can't find the error yet. Would really help if you noticed when the error occur. With what type of sim, occult, npc, a certain age group?
Thank you for your help!
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:30 AM
Nice mod and very interesting about the information. Please add a german translation to it. Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi13741
Nice mod and very interesting about the information. Please add a german translation to it. Thank you


Thank you for your comment Michi13741 .

I'll be glad to add other languages, I'll upload a file to translate the lines.

Also, a new version is currently in testing in the Modding forum, if you're having errors in your game, please report them so that I can fix them.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 8:23 PM
You made a slight grammatical error that I wanted to point out. The "Who Do You Live With" query should read "Whom Do You Live With".

To tell the difference between "who" and "whom", reword and place "him" in it.

"Whom do you live with" becomes "Do you live with him". If "him" is grammatically correct in that sentence, you use "whom". Otherwise, use "who".

Also, is there a version of this where it actually says the Sims age in days? I don't like the Real Age Mod.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 9:21 AM
Hi TurtleShroom thank you for your feedback. I chose "Who do you live with" because it's more casual. I'm not planning to add the age in days because I prefere real age.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 5:49 AM
Can’t wait to download this!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:25 PM
Love the new mod graphics! Also curious to know: who is the scary dude.tte in the household...? (refering to the current mod images, when the sim answers the question "who do you live with"?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 8:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPat
Love the new mod graphics! Also curious to know: who is the scary dude.tte in the household...? (refering to the current mod images, when the sim answers the question "who do you live with"?)


^^ thanks! The scary sim is her sister who has the Evil trait.
Instructor
#45 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:28 PM
Yes a new update I am happy (et merci pour la traduction Fr ce mod est génial)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:20 AM
Merci LucieSims for still supporting this buggy mod --', hopefully I'll find the problem someday.
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 7:29 PM
I like it so much when I can ask a sim if he/she has family or children..

now this mod isn't usable because of the blue pop up things.

can someone please fix the mod? Please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 11:38 AM
Hi Ruya08, its ok you just have to read the description

The blue pop up screen is there to prevent sims from resetting when an error occurs. For now I don't know how to do otherwise, but
hope I'll find a better solution someday.

Cheers
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#49 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruya08
I like it so much when I can ask a sim if he/she has family or children..

now this mod isn't usable because of the blue pop up things.

can someone please fix the mod? Please?


Heya! I've actually noticed the same issue, so as a fellow script modder I couldn't help but see when the error triggered, since that also helps to find bugs quicker :p.

So, for the first interaction I noticed an issue with is the 'any family?' one. Which occurs inside the GetAnswerAboutFamilyMessages() function where it happens to have a null reference for certain sims. The test sim I used for that was Jazlyn Parrot. I'm assuming the reason is that she doesn't have any parents. So what might be helpful before doing the for loop, is maybe wrap it first in an if statement that checks if the sim even has parents? I once had that too where I was looping over a sim that had no siblings, so doing a for loop with no checks on whether they even had siblings was throwing the error for me, since having no siblings meant that the variable for 'Genealogy.Siblings' wasn't even instantiated yet Oh and checking whether Genealogy exists is a good one, since there is a rare occasion that some sims don't have those (yet)

So something like that could help with the issue:

Code:
if(TargetDescription.Genealogy != null)
{
        if(TargetDescription.Genealogy.Parents != null)
       {
		for (int i = 0; i < TargetDescription.Genealogy.Parents.Count; i++)
		{
                              /// etc.
                }
      }
      if(TargetDescription.Genealogy.Siblings != null)
       {
		for (int i = 0; i < TargetDescription.Genealogy.Siblings.Count; i++)
		{
                              /// etc.
                }
      }
}


----------------

Then there was an error in the 'any romances?' interaction, which seemed to derive from the 'listRomances() > IsInRomanticRelationshipsWith() > Relationship.Get()' function which was also showing a null reference. So I checked Jazlyn's romances and she happens to have an ex-husband and a husband. The sim asking is just a friend, so I'm assuming it's somewhere in ListRomances() the first loop? I'm actually not super sure why it would return a null reference here, because this shooould just work :p

I also tried having my sim ask Jazlyn's ex and that results in the same issue. Both have valid SimIDs though, so not sure why it's returning null references there...

Anyways! Hopefully you don't mind the feedback! I've been absolutely in love with this mod myself and playing it a lot! Otherwise it's been working really well, just noticed a few smaller issues with somewhat interesting family situations, but other than that, it's working absolutely fantastically!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so much, that helps me a lot since I still don't understand a lot of things about script errors ^^' (but always learning). I'm glad you like the mod and I should update it soon with a version I've been testing that throws much less errors.
Page 2 of 3