Medieval Food Recolors Part 1
Here are some default replacement recolors of 8 game meals in an effort to make them look more 'period' without going to the trouble of re-meshing. They aren't perfect because the game uses horrible mapping on some of the ingredients. Normally I use custom foods, but I don't control all my Sims every minute and they always go strait for the mac & cheese or tv dinner when I'm not looking. So, my goal was to get rid of all modern colors. Milk cartons, jars and cans were made to look ceramic or terracotta, while boxes got a woven rafia texture and bags became jute or burlap sackcloth. All meals have a new, wooden cutting board. Several meals received new names and some had their raw and cooked appearance changed.
- Cereal (Now called 'Puffed Rice' with blackberries)
- Grilled Cheese
- Mac & Cheese (Now called 'Kasha' [specifically buckwheat])
- Lunch Meat Sandwich (Now called 'Salami Sandwich' on whole grain bread)
- TV Dinner (Now called 'Roasted Fowl', Comes with broccoli pilaf and carrots in a <disposable?!> terracotta tray)
Remember these are default replacements which means putting them in your Sims2->Downloads folder will automatically change your foods. To use the original foods, remove/delete these files.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 2.17 MB · Downloads: 32,876 · 11th Oct 2010
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3