Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2022 at 10:56 AM by Lyralei
 
184 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 144 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 8:09 AM
Ummm I can't see the number
https://postimg.cc/wR3Yf897
Test Subject
#152 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 9:23 PM
Default Confused?
Hi so i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but when I go into the retuner settings, it does not give the option to change the chance of an event, only the cooldown for them.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 7:49 AM
I sort want Earthcuake and out of disiases maybe guinea pig disease (maybe), common flu, and sort of minerves vengeace, sort of pheunomenia as well... I just don't want to kill them...
Test Subject
#154 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:50 PM
Hey! I've translated your mod to Spanish, how could I send the files to you?
Test Subject
#155 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:28 PM
Hi! I would really love to play with this mod but nothing happen when i start the game. My active household is frozen and the option " go here " when i click on the ground doesn't show, it doesn't click and sims are stuck . I don't understand why! Can someone help me?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#156 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallxLavender
Hi so i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but when I go into the retuner settings, it does not give the option to change the chance of an event, only the cooldown for them.


Sorry for the late reply @KendallxLavender !

The later version actually doesn't use any chance-based options anymore as that proved to be chaotic and super unbalanced. Instead, it uses a "wait x amount of days before attempting to trigger it again". hope this helps!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#157 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelkat13
Hey! I've translated your mod to Spanish, how could I send the files to you?


Thank you for doing that! Sending them through PM or simply attaching them to your reply is perfectly fine! (for the latter, make sure to click the "Go advanced" button on the bottom of the reply box, and then scroll all the way down in the next screen till you see "Upload"
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#158 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_dorf
Ummm I can't see the number
https://postimg.cc/wR3Yf897


That must be a bug then! Will take that into account with the next update
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#159 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaellstroem
Great mod! I translated the strings for you to Swedish, if you would like to add them to the official mod. I have tested them.


Awesome! I'll add the translations as soon as I can
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:51 PM
Hi! I've noticed that this mod doesn't work with "Knitting for TS3 - Interaction and Skill" by zoe22 . Is there any way to fix this? Cause I really like both
Scholar
#161 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 1:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrN0679
Hi! I've noticed that this mod doesn't work with "Knitting for TS3 - Interaction and Skill" by zoe22 . Is there any way to fix this? Cause I really like both


Wow, I didn't know this I was wondering why randomizer do not work for me and I have zoe22's mod too. Situations just not trigger in my game at all.
Yea, it would be great to have it fixed, cuz this mod looks very cool.
Test Subject
#162 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 3:36 PM
Randomizer Translated for Brazilian
I play TS3 with this mod for a while, and yes have some texts that translate didn't work. But I hope you have the best experience and thanks for de creator.

OBS: Just replace Core and Base mod, the others don't have strings to translate. XoXo :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PTBR.rar (193.1 KB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#163 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 6:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
Sorry for the late reply @KendallxLavender !

The later version actually doesn't use any chance-based options anymore as that proved to be chaotic and super unbalanced. Instead, it uses a "wait x amount of days before attempting to trigger it again". hope this helps!


Thank you, that makes sense!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#164 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemiga
Wow, I didn't know this I was wondering why randomizer do not work for me and I have zoe22's mod too. Situations just not trigger in my game at all.
Yea, it would be great to have it fixed, cuz this mod looks very cool.


@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Did you both get the latest version? The earliest version had a ton of bugs that would prevent basically all mods you owned to function strangely. This isn't the case in the new version.

If you are playing with the latest version, then that's really odd, because I've successfully been able to knit objects and stuff in my current big save (both with Zoe's mod latest version and the randomizer). Maybe try it in a fresh new save (so, new world > plop in a family and play them) and see if that works? TS3 can be annoying like that :p
Field Researcher
#165 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 11:14 PM
I'm having trouble getting this to fire properly. I have all the mods in the mods folder (tried overrides folder too) and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Do you mind helping me out? Thanks
Scholar
#166 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 5:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Did you both get the latest version? The earliest version had a ton of bugs that would prevent basically all mods you owned to function strangely. This isn't the case in the new version.

If you are playing with the latest version, then that's really odd, because I've successfully been able to knit objects and stuff in my current big save (both with Zoe's mod latest version and the randomizer). Maybe try it in a fresh new save (so, new world > plop in a family and play them) and see if that works? TS3 can be annoying like that :p


Yes I'm using the latest version, also I notice that with this mod game freeze from time to time. As soon as I taken out mod, the problem was gone. I don't know if Knitting mod is causing issue or else, cuz there is no script error and dashboard do not detect conflicts either. But one is for sure, mod is not working as it suppose to :/ It's kind of sad cuz I would like to have more custom events in game just spice up gameplay
Test Subject
#167 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 8:29 PM
Default error message when loading into egypt save file
my sim travelled to egypt when i was last playing the game, and when i loaded up the save file the following day i got an error message as soon as the save file loaded. i've added a screenshot for you that i hope helps

thank you for making such a fun and amazing mod
Screenshots
Test Subject
#168 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Did you both get the latest version? The earliest version had a ton of bugs that would prevent basically all mods you owned to function strangely. This isn't the case in the new version.

If you are playing with the latest version, then that's really odd, because I've successfully been able to knit objects and stuff in my current big save (both with Zoe's mod latest version and the randomizer). Maybe try it in a fresh new save (so, new world > plop in a family and play them) and see if that works? TS3 can be annoying like that :p


Yes, I have the latest version of your mod and zoe´s. As Nemiga said, there seems to be no conflict but for some reason the events won't go off. When I noticed this problem I already had a completly new save so I don´t think that that is the problem either.
Test Subject
#169 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 1:43 AM
Default Too many things happened lol
I forgot I had installed this mod so when I went to play for the first time in a few months I was surprised. I got tax returns a lot, the power or water got shut off a lot but that never really worked. I would get “free pizza” almost daily but then they’d charge me for it and the cherry on top was my 1 and only young adult sim who was very happy not at all in a bad mood went to a fishing class and ended up DYING. Then his cat got taken away because there was no sims in the household. This was only on day 3 in that world. I can’t stop laughing but at the same time what?! Lmao
Test Subject
#170 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 10:24 AM
Default What is this?
Hey guys,

Does anyone else get this? If so, how do I close it when it comes up? It´s long and the buttons aren´t showing if you understand what I mean.
(just downloaded the updated version, hopefully it was just that)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 3:57 AM
I almost thought the mod bugged out because I got the same popup as Molly earlier, but nope, the game decided to show me that it was fine by firing this at me (LITERALLY)

Test Subject
#172 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 3:00 PM
Default Bug
My game has lagged alot. For example, no base game careers were available tto choose. Today I spent alot of time trying to figure out which mod caused the conflict. Unfortunately, it was this mod. Too bad, I loved this.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#173 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 1:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatermolly
My game has lagged alot. For example, no base game careers were available tto choose. Today I spent alot of time trying to figure out which mod caused the conflict. Unfortunately, it was this mod. Too bad, I loved this.


Hey @teatermolly !

That's really interesting that that happened. The only thing I can think of is somehow a mod conflict with the Randomizer mod itself. Do you have any Nraas modules that affect the Careers? or some Career manager mod that may somehow cause this to happen?
Page 7 of 8