Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 9:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 10:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text
 
252 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:25 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:10 PM
Oh this is cool. I never really played the sims 2 so I never saw Servo, but thanks for the download!
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:15 PM
I can't find the SavedSims folder in my documents!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:27 PM
WOW!
This is so cool!
I thought ''Huh? Am i in the sims 2 section?''
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usator
I can't find the SavedSims folder in my documents!


Some people don't have a SavedSims folder if they've never saved a sim that they've created in CAS, or if they've never installed someone else's sim. In that case, you just create a new folder yourself and name it SavedSims, in the location where the SavedSims folder should be.
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:42 PM
If the Servo did get pregnant? Wouldn't it give birth to a regular human?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda
If the Servo did get pregnant? Wouldn't it give birth to a regular human?


Ha ha, yes, of course it would - TS3 doesn't contain any coding for robot babies. I did make the servo's skin blue underneath the body and head meshes, though, so that just in case anyone wanted to have it 'reproduce', it would have a little something different about its genetics!
Test Subject
#58 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:16 PM
You are, officially, my favourite Sim Creator! :D
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
22nd Feb 2010 at 5:22 PM
This message has been deleted by 22Rhys.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:25 PM
Really interesting upload! Thanks for putting the effort that it must have taken to convert this!
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:27 PM
Awesome, thanks! How do I put it in the game? Do I just call a maid and Servo shows up?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious penguin man
You are, officially, my favourite Sim Creator! :D


Thank you Mr Mysterious Penguin Man! That's very appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfirefly
Awesome, thanks! How do I put it in the game? Do I just call a maid and Servo shows up?


No, ha ha - as stated in the Overview text, after you install him he will be found in the Adult section of the Sim Bin in CAS, like any regular custom sim. So, you just select him as you would normally do with a new sim, click the OK button as normal so that he appears in your Edit Town library panel, and move him into the household of your choice!
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:11 PM
I was just thinking this morning how great it would be to have a Servo in this game.....I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this! Thanks
Banned
#63 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM
For those wanting maids to be servos, its quite easy. With any mod that lets you edit sims (awesomemod or supercomputer, for example) you just wait until you see a maid and edit them. Awesomemod would be "editsim maidnamehere", for example. Then dress them up as servo and confirm.
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Joanna_Rocks : 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:37 PM.
Default Thank You
Thank you, I love you. I really did miss the Servo <3 And it's fun to see how incredible they look when I play around with different pattens.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claeric
For those wanting maids to be servos, its quite easy. With any mod that lets you edit sims (awesomemod or supercomputer, for example) you just wait until you see a maid and edit them. Awesomemod would be "editsim maidnamehere", for example. Then dress them up as servo and confirm.


That's a good tip. I may do it in my own game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna_Rocks
Thank you, I love you. I really did miss the Servo <3 And it's fun to see how incredible they look when I play around with different pattens.


That's a great effect! Is it blood? Terminator Servo runs amok!
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:08 PM Last edited by vincentjr88 : 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:40 PM.
@ Esmerelda (OP): I absolutely LOVE this!

I downloaded this yesterday and had a blast using Servo (Jenna 3.0 for my game - yes pun on sims 3 )

Also if you can get access to a Grim Reaper Sim (Mostly from the Sims 3 Exchange - My game freezes when I try to edit a grim reaper [with anything later then 1.4]) you can get rid of the head fully on Sims. I believe it applies to all outfits as well (Not sure though)

Edit: Never mind, the invisible head doesn't change to female sims and when you change outfits the head pops back up.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM
This is simply brilliant! You always throw in some very creative uploads. Give this upload a star nao!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Scholar
#68 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Purplepaws : 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:30 AM.
Amazing! Thank you.

*Edit* Having a slight issue, as seen below. The male servo shows up fine when selected from the sim bin, but his "hairstyle" shows up as custom. When I select the non-custom style or change it to the female head, the eye piece becomes brighter, and not as nice.



I think the sim version is linked to the old texture, rather than the updated versions where you made the eye color separate. This is probably why the male version didn't seem to take, as the one in the hair bin recolors fine in my game. The metal rim of the eye remains unchanged, though. Don't know if that was intended or not, but it'd be nice if that recolored with the rest of the head.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:48 PM
I have a slight probelm with the servo head, it does not appear in my game. Not even the premade. However, the body appears just fine.
Instructor
#70 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:03 AM
Servos a my favorite creature in TS2. Thanks :D

Unauthorized incoming post!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettona
I have a slight probelm with the servo head, it does not appear in my game. Not even the premade. However, the body appears just fine.


That's very, very strange - if you've definitely put both packages in your Mods\Packages folder, they will definitely both show up, not just one of them. The only thing I can think of, is for you to download the file again just in case something got corrupted somehow while the file was downloading, and install the new copy of the head again.
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:12 AM
U R The Best!!! Thank U Sooooo Much!!!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:40 AM
Played it for awhile and the pregnant sims looses the body and reverts to a human body, But with the robot head.

I CAS edited a current Sim I was already playing.

I had to adjust the ears a little. They were sticking through the head. Also had to remove the shoes to bare feet. Depended on what shoes I picked they stuck out the back. Going to try the blue skin. Her head sticks out the top sides a little.

Tim

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepaws
Amazing! Thank you.

*Edit* Having a slight issue, as seen below. The male servo shows up fine when selected from the sim bin, but his "hairstyle" shows up as custom. When I select the non-custom style or change it to the female head, the eye piece becomes brighter, and not as nice.

I think the sim version is linked to the old texture, rather than the updated versions where you made the eye color separate. This is probably why the male version didn't seem to take, as the one in the hair bin recolors fine in my game. The metal rim of the eye remains unchanged, though. Don't know if that was intended or not, but it'd be nice if that recolored with the rest of the head.


It took me a while to figure out what you meant, but I see what you mean now. I think changing the recolour mask to one that excluded the eye, has somehow made the eye come out lighter than before. That's really weird about the new version of the sim still linking to the textures of the old version of the head. Will try to fix both issues and update the download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyZX3
Played it for awhile and the pregnant sims looses the body and reverts to a human body, But with the robot head.

I CAS edited a current Sim I was already playing.

I had to adjust the ears a little. They were sticking through the head. Also had to remove the shoes to bare feet. Depended on what shoes I picked they stuck out the back. Going to try the blue skin. Her head sticks out the top sides a little.


Ha ha, that's pretty hilarious. I hadn't actually expected anyone to want to have a robot get pregnant, so I didn't make any allowances for such a scenario. I guess one should never underestimate the feverish imagination of the Sims community! So, I guess they will just turn into a Creature-Robot Hybrid for the duration of the pregnancy.
Page 3 of 11