MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2 - SUBFOLDER SUPPORT

by Jibby Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 6:56 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2019 at 1:57 AM by Jibby
170 Comments / replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.


The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager



The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager is a fully featured application to manage mods and custom content for the Sims 4.


Thanks so much for checking out my application. I originally made this for personal use, but after developing it to its current state, I thought it was good enough to share with the rest of the community!
Please note that the application is still under development. You may encounter some bugs or things that just aren't quite right. If you do, please let me know and I will do my best to issue a fix ASAP!

VERSION 1.2 (02/07/19) - 'We Need To Go Deeper'
It’s the Inception update! Now you can manage a folder within a folder within a folder...
Subfolder support! You are no longer limited to managing mods directly in the root of the mods folder/selected library. Double clicking a subfolder will now load its contents into the list, allowing you to move mods to/from there instead.
Game version detection: The application will detect the current version of the game and display it. When the game has received an update, the application will inform the user on the next launch and recommend checking for mod updates.
Log Reader: You can now view Last Exceptions and other log files right in the application. Access this in the settings menu.
Bugfix (kinda): The refresh button actually looks like a refresh button now!
Meta: Fixed some typos in this very changelog, not that you noticed them... did you?

I had to make some reasonably large changes to the code to get subfolder support working correctly, so as always, it’s possible that some bugs have slipped through the cracks. Again, let me know if you encounter anything out of the ordinary and I’ll issue a fix. Also this is the first version that the app’s automatic update feature should have detected! Let me know if you got the popup!

VERSION 1.1 (26/06/19) - Calling Home
AUTOMATIC UPDATES!
An update to make updating easier huh? This is just a small update but it should hopefully help keep everyone on the latest version.
Automatic updates! The application will now tell you on launch if there is a new version available. This can be turned off in the settings.
Bugfix: Clicking load all will no longer crash the application when there is an identically named file already loaded (and vice versa, of course).
Bugfix: Window titles have proper names now.

Larger updates are coming soon. I'm currently working on an embedded file browser and setting up the groundwork for localisation down the line. A reader for log files is also being worked on. Hopefully the application will let you know when the next version is ready to download!

Features:
  • Switch between and manage multiple libraries on the fly

  • Create, rename and delete libraries within the application
  • User friendly design
  • Load/Unload multiple mods at once with multi select
  • Drag and drop files onto the load/unload list to send them to the respective directories (even works from within WinRAR)
  • Auto detect and identify different sorts of CC
  • Option to automatically unload mods on game exit
  • Multiple view styles for your mod lists

How to use:
Upon starting the application, it will drop a folder in your documents folder called 'TS4Libraries' (this will be configurable in the future).
Any subfolder in that folder will be treated as a library and display in the 'Libraries' section of the application.
When you select a library, all of the CC in the library will populate the 'Unloaded' list where you can then load it into your mods folder.
Unloading a mod will move it back into the library that is currently selected.

Planned Features:
Short Term:
  • Sorting options
  • 32/64bit toggle
  • Resizable UI

Mid Term:
  • Directory browser to explore the contents of libraries including the ability to delete, rename & move files all within the application.
  • Different colour schemes (potentially with support for creating your own)

Long Term:
  • Update checker for CC
  • An option to specify which mod belongs in which library so that mods can automatically be sent back to said library when unloaded
  • A preset manager to load multiple mods from multiple libraries without switching
  • A save game manager

Super-Duper Long Term:
  • Localisation into multiple different languages
  • macOS version (maybe)


KNOWN BUGS:
  • On some versions of Windows, icons may not appear on buttons. This is because the icons are UNICODE emojis which some installs of Windows don't correctly display. In the future I will address this by replacing the UNICODE with custom made bitmap icons.
  • On very rare instances, using auto unload may unload all mods before the game starts. I still need to tweak this feature a little more. Ensuring that Origin is open before launching the game can help this.
  • The program always auto detects TS4_x64 even on 32bit systems and can cause problems if changed to the 32bit exe. In a future version, I will implelent a setting in the options menu to chose between 64 and 32bit.
  • Deleting or modifying the name of the 'Default' library may cause stability issues. If you don't want to use this library, it's best to just ignore it for now until I can iron this out.
  • When (un)loading a mod, the scrollbar will sometimes jump back to the top.
  • Under certain circumstances, the 'Up' button doesn't disappear when in the root of the selected library. This enables the user to navigate to unrelated directories.

relCount 3

Operating System: Windows
Utility Type: CC Managers
Plugin Type: Not Applicable

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2.zip

Size: 1.98 MB · Downloads: 88,972 · 2nd Jul 2019
1.98 MB 88,972 2nd Jul 2019
The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.1.zip

Size: 1.94 MB · Downloads: 6,204 · 26th Jun 2019
1.94 MB 6,204 26th Jun 2019
The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.0.zip

Size: 1.89 MB · Downloads: 7,169 · 22nd Jun 2019
1.89 MB 7,169 22nd Jun 2019
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
 
170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 7th May 2021 at 12:18 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 16th May 2021 at 3:49 AM
I continue to admire the dedication and discipline to the craft f creating these wonderful mods. Thank you so much for your cntinued contribution!
Test Subject
#153 Old 20th May 2021 at 6:30 AM
Don't know if you need all of this copy pasted but I get an error whenever I try to boot up the manager, I am pretty sure I have everything needed to run it considering it was working and now all of a sudden it isn't

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1. (C:\Users\lucky\AppData\Local\Jibby\The_Sims_4_Ultimate_Mod_M_Url_o5ispdszzscflewkt5dmgkezkfprecaa\1.2.0.0\user.config line 10) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at TS4ModMan.My.MySettings.get_modFolder()
at TS4ModMan.Functions.FirstRun()
at TS4ModMan.Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4ModMan
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/lucky/Documents/MTS_Jibby_1857037_TheSims4UltimateModManagerV1.2/The%20Sims%204%20Ultimate%20Mod%20Manager%20V1.2.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Test Subject
#154 Old 20th May 2021 at 6:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCountess
Don't know if you need all of this copy pasted but I get an error whenever I try to boot up the manager, I am pretty sure I have everything needed to run it considering it was working and now all of a sudden it isn't

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1. (C:\Users\lucky\AppData\Local\Jibby\The_Sims_4_Ultimate_Mod_M_Url_o5ispdszzscflewkt5dmgkezkfprecaa\1.2.0.0\user.config line 10) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 10, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at TS4ModMan.My.MySettings.get_modFolder()
at TS4ModMan.Functions.FirstRun()
at TS4ModMan.Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4ModMan
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/lucky/Documents/MTS_Jibby_1857037_TheSims4UltimateModManagerV1.2/The%20Sims%204%20Ultimate%20Mod%20Manager%20V1.2.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll



Very quick update, while sharing this error I noticed this made files in my app data folder, clearing those allowed it to boot up
Field Researcher
#155 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:10 AM
Hello!

Firstly, let me mirror the sentiments above: thank you so much for helping to make this game better. I've long believed that, while the franchise is perfectly playable as it is, the Sims has always been made so much better by the participation of talented community members, and I'm so happy that you've shared your work and your skills with the community. <3

Now for the boring stuff: I'm having an issue with the mod that I can't seem to resolve. Whenever I load in, I get an update error that reads: "Checking for updates failed. Mod the Sims could not be reached." I skimmed the comments here and saw no mention of this mistake, so it's entirely possible (probable even) that it's something I did. Any advice on how to fix this?
Test Subject
#156 Old 25th May 2021 at 7:40 PM
Hello. I'm having difficulty getting this to work. I keep getting an error saying mod the sims cant be reached, or the program will stop responding. I'm also noticing it is taking a very long time to load
Test Subject
#157 Old 30th May 2021 at 4:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoredidanza
Hello. I'm having difficulty getting this to work. I keep getting an error saying mod the sims cant be reached, or the program will stop responding. I'm also noticing it is taking a very long time to load

Yeah same here. I have a feeling that it is because of the website change. the update link may be different. But it looks like the versions are the same as it has been.
Test Subject
#158 Old 1st Jun 2021 at 12:32 AM
Hi there! I used this mod for the first time today and it crashed while I was looking for the mod that was breaking my game. But now I can't find the "unloaded" files! Can you direct me please?
Test Subject
#159 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:47 PM
does this still work
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 1:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzdinonuggies
does this still work

I, too, would like to know, and how it works. Also, are all download links needed, or just the newest one?
Test Subject
#161 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 5:08 AM
yes, this mod manager still works
Test Subject
#162 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoredidanza
Hello. I'm having difficulty getting this to work. I keep getting an error saying mod the sims cant be reached, or the program will stop responding. I'm also noticing it is taking a very long time to load

I'm still getting this message as well. Is this going to be fixed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#163 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrylover246
I'm still getting this message as well. Is this going to be fixed?

Hi, I'm very sorry that you're having issues with the mod manager. Unfortunately I don't have as much free time as of late to work on it, but I will try and look into this soon.

Thanks for your understanding!
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:35 PM
Checking for Updates Failed
Just want to report I am also getting this error on v1.2 with game version 1.77.131.1030:



"Checking for updates failed. Mod The Sims could not be reached."

Thanks for all that you do!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:05 AM
ty
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#166 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:47 PM
Yeah, I can confirm that my implementation of update checking isn't working just now. You can disable this popup by unchecking the check for updates box in the settings menu.
Test Subject
#167 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:33 PM
Just tried to download, got everything ready, then as soon as I open it half my documents (including my save folder) are highlighted with an error message and I get the;
"Windows Is Defending Your PC,
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."

Almost seems like I have a virus now and still never got it to open.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 3:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThanBenevolentGod
Just tried to download, got everything ready, then as soon as I open it half my documents (including my save folder) are highlighted with an error message and I get the;
"Windows Is Defending Your PC,
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."

Almost seems like I have a virus now and still never got it to open.


Hi there. Just want to address this real quick. I can wholeheartedly promise you that my application contains absolutely no malicious components whatsoever. I will happily show my source code to any moderators of MTS if they feel like they need proof of that.

What you are seeing is Microsoft's Smartscreen. It shows because the program is not signed with a Microsoft verified certificate which I would have to pay over £100 to obtain. Given that this is a side project that I work on in my spare time for free, that's not really viable for me unfortunately. You can read more about it here: https://www.theregister.com/2020/06...er_smartscreen/

If you click "More info", you should be able to see a button that says 'Run Anyway'. Clicking that will allow you to bypass the message.

I'm not sure what happened with your documents folder being highlighted, but since it seems like Windows blocked you from running my app at all, I don't think it is the culprit here.
Test Subject
#169 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 2:26 PM
For Mac/Linux users, it works well with WINE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM
Best program tanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 8:07 AM
Still getting used to how this works exactly, but I like it so far. :3
Page 7 of 7