MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MoveObjects on Cheat

by TwistedMexi Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:32 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2014 at 1:11 AM by TwistedMexi
326 Comments / replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
It's here - MoveObjects on allows you to place objects where they would normally wouldn't be able to be placed. The current version allows for placement inside of other objects and deletion of mailboxes via command. Objects can not be placed inside of walls yet.

The mod comes with two commands:
Toggle moveobjects:
Code:
tm.moveobjects on/off

moveobjects is on by default, but should you wish to turn it off at times, this command will let you do so.

Delete Lot's Mailbox:
Code:
tm.nomailbox

NOTE: Deleting a mailbox may cause unexpected issues with gameplay, so always be sure to backup your saves just in case.

Expect additional functionality in future versions.

Sharing: When sharing lots, downloaders must have the mod installed as well. Without it, the lot will still download but overlapping objects will be removed. Due to the issues mentioned below, there are still some circumstances where moving/sharing lots will not work.

Install
Save the zip file directly to your mods folder. Do not unzip!
If you haven't enabled script mods before, go to Game Options > Other > Script Mods and make sure it's checked. Apply and restart the game.


Update: Version 1.2 is now available. Highly recommended update: Fixed issue where moving lots that had foundations would cause all first floor objects to end up in your inventory.

Version History:
Code:
V1.1 - Fixed issue where objects would fail to load if you travel while moveobjects is disabled.
V1.2 - Fixed issue where moving lots that had foundations would cause all first floor objects to end up in your inventory.



Known issues
  • Rooms can not be saved when moveobjects is on. They may appear empty.
  • Sharing/Moving some lots still causes the items on the first floor to be removed.
  • Rotating or Moving a house around may leave the objects in their original positions.



You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
tmex-moveobjects.zip | Version 1.2: Fixes issue where lots with foundations would put all first-floor items in your inventory.

Size: 3.4 KB · Downloads: 107,349 · 23rd Sep 2014
3.4 KB 107,349 23rd Sep 2014
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
326 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 170 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:43 AM
Yaay I've been waiting on this for soo long!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:43 AM
Awesome thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
Omg. This kicks building design, interior design, and landscaping up several notches. TY!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
I've been missing this so much - thank you!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:49 AM
Thank you! I'm using this in my game right now and.. I think I love you, lol. It was driving me crazy not being able to put things where I want them to go. What's wrong with having a hamper, shelf and robe all in the same spot? Nothing! Now I can do that. Thanks again.

For anyone who might wonder, I haven't had any problems with my sims being able to use objects- for example, there's a pot rack/knife rack/fire alarm all over my sim's stove and she can use it. (The pot rack needed move_objects to be placed with the other 2 objects already there.)
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:49 AM
Ty so much this mod and all your others make the game playable

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM
You are a god! Thank you!!

Megan (and sometimes LaVaughn)

Sugar Exotics

My Blog
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Thanks! Perhaps in the future we can move sims around?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
Thank you! I'm using this in my game right now and.. I think I love you, lol. It was driving me crazy not being able to put things where I want them to go. What's wrong with having a hamper, shelf and robe all in the same spot? Nothing! Now I can do that. Thanks again.

For anyone who might wonder, I haven't had any problems with my sims being able to use objects- for example, there's a pot rack/knife rack/fire alarm all over my sim's stove and she can use it. (The pot rack needed move_objects to be placed with the other 2 objects already there.)


lol no problem, it was driving me mad hunting down the right spots to mod.

I will confirm some items will not be usable when overlapped, naturally, but as long as the object isn't obviously blocking another, it should be usable This is just how moveobjects has always been.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefailband
Thanks! Perhaps in the future we can move sims around?


It's on my todo
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
I Love You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
Awesomeness! Thanks for taking the time to do this! All I need now is the limit on household size expanded or removed and I can really start to enjoy this game more. xD
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:13 AM
I toggled scripted mods on, restarted the game several times but still I can't move my objects. The .zip file is located in the Mods folder. Tried typing tm.moveobjects on (although it should be turned on by default) and still doesn't let me move objects through eachother. Anyone who has an idea on how to fix this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaatjehenk
I toggled scripted mods on, restarted the game several times but still I can't move my objects. The .zip file is located in the Mods folder. Tried typing tm.moveobjects on (although it should be turned on by default) and still doesn't let me move objects through eachother. Anyone who has an idea on how to fix this?



If the mod is loaded correctly, you'll:

A) See it listed when you start up the game, in a pop-up window.

B) get a response in the cheat console when you type in tm.moveobjects on


If you really have left the item zipped in your Mod's folder (directly in the mods folder, not in a subfolder) and it's not working:

Exit the game.
Exit origin.
Re-open origin.
Right-click your Sims 4 game in Origin
Select "Check for Updates"

It will likely find an update, go ahead and apply it. Script mods only work on the latest patch, there was a bug in previous versions preventing them from loading properly.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
If the mod is loaded correctly, you'll:

A) See it listed when you start up the game, in a pop-up window.

B) get a response in the cheat console when you type in tm.moveobjects on


If you really have left the item zipped in your Mod's folder (directly in the mods folder, not in a subfolder) and it's not working:

Exit the game.
Exit origin.
Re-open origin.
Right-click your Sims 4 game in Origin
Select "Check for Updates"

It will likely find an update, go ahead and apply it. Script mods only work on the latest patch, there was a bug in previous versions preventing them from loading properly.


It is listed in the pop-up window, first thing I checked. I did not run the update though, I guess I'll try that right now then. I'll let you know if it worked or not.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaatjehenk
It is listed in the pop-up window, first thing I checked. I did not run the update though, I guess I'll try that right now then. I'll let you know if it worked or not.


Yep that matches the symptom so far. The old versions will list it but not actually load it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
You ROCK!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:47 AM
OMG!! Thank you. :-)x
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:02 AM
yay yay!!! thank you sooooo much, I have been hoping for this mod, hugeeee thank you!!! you have made my game one thousand percent better!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMexi
Yep that matches the symptom so far. The old versions will list it but not actually load it.


Thanks! It totally works right now, great job getting this cheat working in the Sims 4!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
Thanks , I want to try to do mods myself , how did you manage to do this ?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:26 AM Last edited by maddy69110 : 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:42 AM.
Disregaurd my post. I think Ive figured it out and now I know its not this mod after all. Im such an Idiot sometimes, when I tested I forgot to remove the package files. I use an overrides and package folder system, overrides for mods and package for everything else. Looks like its a bad package. I should have figured that out before posting. Sorry.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:28 AM
Thank you so much! After trying to build a house without the cheat I decided to wait for some amazing modder to make it until I tried again. Great job!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Page 1 of 14