MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fashion and Modelling Career - Design, Model, Writer - UPDATED DEC 2020

by DiamondVixen96 Posted 21st Apr 2018 at 2:58 AM - Updated 27th Dec 2020 at 11:40 PM by DiamondVixen96
64 Comments / replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
UPDATED DEC 2020 SNOWY ESCAPE
Hey! Heres another custom rabbithole career (not playable like in GTW) career for your sims!

My version contains 3 tracks each with 4 levels. The salaries are more realistic compared to base game careers too.

Fashion Design requires you to gain skills in Charisma and Painting
Modelling requires skills in Charisma and Fitness
Fashion Writer requires skills in Charisma and Writing.


LET ME KNOW OF ANY ISSUES, FIXES, SUGGESTIONS OF MORE CAREERS ETC... FEEL FREE TO DM ME TRANSLATIONS!



Fashion & Modelling Career
Fashion and Modelling go hand-in-hand with each other, but you cant be both. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is where youve landed... Choose from Fashion Designer, Model or Fashion Writer and work your butt (or feet) off to get to the top!

Level 1 - Fashion Catalogue Seller
There are more thrilling jobs to be doing then standing on the corner trying to sell catalogues... but at least you get to read them at the same time, so its not so bad either.
$25 PH
M T W TH F

Level 2 - Fashion and Design Hobbyist[/B]
After tossing the catalogues aside, you spend your time creating 'inspiration boards' and collages, researching all the designer brands on earth and... well thats it. You need a real job in this area if you're going to make any real money from this. What a hard industry to break in to...
$35 PH
M T W TH F



Track 2 - Fashion Design
If you choose the more creative and imaginative path in this industry, be prepared to sketch and draw until your fingers hurt, or you drive yourself crazy with pencil smudges on your artworks. Learn about trending and seasonal styles then create your own. Who knows, maybe one day someone else other than yourself will see your designs...

Level 1 - Fashion Magazine Sketch Artist
After months and months, you landed your dream entry level job. Who cares if its only casual, and its only you and your boss that sees your artworks, you're getting paid to design clothing!
$50 PH
MM T W TH F

Level 2 - Textile Assistant
Obviously someone noticed your design ability and thought this would be a good promotion. You're one step closer to having your drawings come to life in fabric... but you have to handle the fabric for other designers first. Don't forget that measuring tape.
$80 PH
M T W TH


Level 3 - Part-Time Design Assistant

The designers you worked for liked your occasional input and have requested more of it! As an assistant you get to have more of a say on how pieces are designed and made. Working your way up is beginning to pay off.
$160 PH
T W TH FR

Level 4 - Popular Fashion Design Expert
Congrats! You've reached the height of your career. You are your own designer. You make people work for YOU! what YOU say goes! YOUR pieces are designed exactly how YOU want and damn they look good once brought to life on a real person!
$280 PH
M T TH F


Track 3 - Modelling
All you want in life is to wear and show off pretty clothes and have the warm lights of stardom on your face! One day you may even get those Angel Wings you're desperate for...

Level 1 - Backstage Runway Helper
Well... gotta start somewhere. So you're not a model, but you're around models, that counts right? Your days consist of bringing coffee to those above you and zipping up clothing you dream of wearing.
$55 PH
TH FR S SU

Level 2 - Runway Managers Assistant
You did that one helpful thing once and now the shows Manager cant get enough of you. Instead of coffee and zips, you actually get to communicate with the models and even direct them where to go. You might even make a friend out of this...
$90 PH
TH F S SU

Level 3 - Occasional Runway Model
The manager freaked out when that Tiffany girl rolled her ankle and couldn't walk, but lucky you were near by. You are now the occasional fill in model. You finally get that tiny taste of stardom you've craved... just don't fall. or roll your ankle. or rip the clothes... just don't stuff this up!
$170 PH
TH F S SU

Level 4 - Superstar Model
Your growing popularity on the runway has gotten you here. Who would've thought, a few times on the runway and the crowd would be asking for you again and again. Here come the magazine cover shoots, TV interviews and YOUR WINGS!
$350 PH
M T TH F


Track 4 - Fashion Writing
You'd rather not be in the spotlight on a runway, so maybe you'll just visit the shows and write about them? Write fashion articles and columns and ensure people love them to work your way up!


Level 1 - Fashion Magazine Proof-Reader
You got your foot in the door at Elle Magazine... as a proof reader. Day after day you read others work as a real life spell checker. You're good at it, but that doesn't mean you want to do it forever...
$50 PH
M T W TH F

Level 2 - Creative Director
Your input on the magazines articles and design paid off with last months issue becoming a best seller! As a creative director, you now have the responsibility of making sure EVERYTHING looks good on paper before its pushed up the chain of command for approval. Don't forget, that Editor-in-Chief is a real "devil wears Prada" kind of woman
$85
M T W TH F

Level 3 - Editor
The previous Editor couldn't deal with the Big Boss anymore and left, and you were the only one brave enough to take the job. Now you just need to prove your worth and keep the magazines sales up...
$150
T W TH F

Level 4 - Editor-in-Chief
You are now the Queen in the fashion magazine world. You are the new Miranda Priestly of the company. You get to talk one-on-one with designer labels. Your personal discounts on Gucci and Chanel are insane. Your workers do as you tell them, and YOUR magazine is booming!
$320 PH
M T TH F



ENJOY


Additional Credits:
Neia for the create a career tool
Simmiller for teaching me how to use above
Icon and Pictures by myself
Do not upload elsewhere or claim as your own
Tags: #career, #fashion, #model, #modelling, #job, #work, #sims4

Age: Adult Elder
Career Type: Realistic
Chance cards: None

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer.zip | Updated for most recent patch (DEC) Remove and replace all files

Size: 782.6 KB · Downloads: 27,616 · 27th Dec 2020
782.6 KB 27,616 27th Dec 2020
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
 
64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:48 PM
I received a last exception with this mod. this is what it said <?xml version="1.0" ?><root> <report><version>2</version><sessionid>e5e5b98f43f455785adb2d6c</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-04-21 22:40:59</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.42.30.1020-1.200.000.336.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>e5e5b98f43f455785adb2d6c</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer/DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer' (DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer.DiamondVixen96_Careers_FashionModellingCareer) (ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import ImportError: No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer' </desyncdata></report>
</root>

I will test to see if any other mod is causing this and let you know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:30 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know how to read last exception errors properly, I’m only new to this, but they’re generally caused by outdated CC and conflicting mods. This seems like it can’t find one part of the mod..
Maybe see where the files are placed in your mods, and move them out of any sub folders (theyre zipped with an extra folder, but extracting the whole folder may make them too deep) and make sure you have both the .package file and .ts4script file with my username AND the Career_commons .package by neia only once. Two copies might cause issues.

Also LE error generally aren’t game breaking, just annoying when starting game play. Does the mod still work/playable?

In any case, I will go through it tomorrow (it’s 12am here currently 😜) and I’ll reupload unless I hear from you again before then, feel free to pm me if that’s easier
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 5:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know, but please download my mod and not others 😜 mine is very different to the others out there, I’d rather not have links to other creators uploads in my thread please 😊
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondVixen96
Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know how to read last exception errors properly, I’m only new to this, but they’re generally caused by outdated CC and conflicting mods. This seems like it can’t find one part of the mod..
Maybe see where the files are placed in your mods, and move them out of any sub folders (theyre zipped with an extra folder, but extracting the whole folder may make them too deep) and make sure you have both the .package file and .ts4script file with my username AND the Career_commons .package by neia only once. Two copies might cause issues.

Also LE error generally aren’t game breaking, just annoying when starting game play. Does the mod still work/playable?

In any case, I will go through it tomorrow (it’s 12am here currently 😜) and I’ll reupload unless I hear from you again before then, feel free to pm me if that’s easier


Your .py files aren't packaged properly which is probably what's causing this error. You need to select both the .py and .pyo files, right-click them Send to > Compressed folder. Then rename .zip to .ts4script. That should fix the LE errors

The career looks great though!

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken Mod List Keeper!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletqueenkat
Your .py files aren't packaged properly which is probably what's causing this error. You need to select both the .py and .pyo files, right-click them Send to > Compressed folder. Then rename .zip to .ts4script. That should fix the LE errors

The career looks great though!


That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondVixen96
That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together

What "issue" is my mod having exactly? If you look at my file it is saved as a ts4script file. Yours is not, its still a zip file.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondVixen96
That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together

Also, no one has reported any script errors with my mod.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondVixen96
That is exactly what my script is. My py and pyo is my script? Have you commented on the right modelling career? The other persons has this issue but mine are zipped together


No, it's not. You put yours in a folder and then zipped the folder, that's the cause of the errors. They can't be put into a folder and then zipped, you need to select both of them and zip them together.

Which is why in the LE it says "No module named 'DiamondVixen96_FashionModellingCareer" it can't find it because they're in the folder.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken Mod List Keeper!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:14 AM
Thanks for the comments i have updated my zip file. please redownload
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 2:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpeaches
I'm loving it!


SOOOO glad you do! Keep an eye out on my profile in the next coming days, ive got a new career coming soon :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:18 AM
I would suggest having someone look over your text for errors, or even use Grammarly or a similar service. I've seen numerous ones just skimming your post. Incorrect grammar like that discourages me from downloading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st May 2018 at 1:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_kitty
I would suggest having someone look over your text for errors, or even use Grammarly or a similar service. I've seen numerous ones just skimming your post. Incorrect grammar like that discourages me from downloading.


I’m sorry you dislike my grammar, however generally people don’t choose to download a mod based on the grammar. A missing comma or apostrophe here or there in a mod isn’t unusual. They download if they think it’ll add value to the game. My wording is pretty understandable without the perfect grammar.
One day eventually, I may go through and update when I have the time, however as the mod works as is it’s not a priority for me. But Thankyou for your constructive criticism
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th May 2018 at 8:23 AM
Default Mini Suggestion, and as Always You are Free to Ignore It
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondVixen96
Thanks for letting us know, but please download my mod and not others 😜 mine is very different to the others out there, I’d rather not have links to other creators uploads in my thread please 😊


Let me first say, right on making a mod! Creators are amazing in my mind. I genuinely want to learn how to create mods one day mainly because of what I see creators bring to the game. Now onto my suggestion:

It may help change the opening message in a way that will prevent people, who probably have the same mindset as me, from seeing that first and then deciding that: 1) someone should probably comment with a link to the updates and 2) that I don't need this mod because I already have one.

I have mixed emotions about how you phrased this. Mainly because on your post you mention BPS's career and how she's not updating it. But on her site she does explicitly mention that while she's on hiatus her specific friend that she has specifically granted permission is updating her mods for everyone's use. This comes off to me that one person, who has been on it with updates, has the right tweak her mod and if necessary copy & paste it should the sims 4 update in a way that breaks it--I genuinely don't know how to make mods and I understand more work probably goes into it than how I've phrased this. Thus it makes perfect sense that anyone who knows about Rex/Konansock or goes to the BPS site will read that info and comment that, her mods are being updated and how to find them.

But I also understand that you are proud of your work and want people to try your stuff and enjoy it. I'm not going to lie, I read up only to the BPS shout out of your post then immediately went to comments to see if someone had already let you know that if your goal was to update this, then someone is already handling it with the creator's permission. And when I saw your response, I went back to the mod view and was like, this is pretty much BPS's mod so it's not different from other mods. Then I looked at the other modelling career mod that came out. And even though I already have a functioning modelling mod in my game, the other mod would add something new to my game because the BPS fashion mod does not go that route. So I also have mixed emotions about your response there as well.

If this mod makes you happy, then BE happy. But maybe add something on your description saying or maybe even linking to Rex/Konansock's updates because the mod is being updated. That is pretty much the only reason why I commented. And maybe my suggestion won't fix the problem but maybe it might help? You are of course free to disagree with me. My thoughts and feelings won't be the same as other people's feeling and thought,
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th May 2018 at 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellini2point0
Let me first say, right on making a mod! Creators are amazing in my mind. I genuinely want to learn how to create mods one day mainly because of what I see creators bring to the game. Now onto my suggestion:

It may help change the opening message in a way that will prevent people, who probably have the same mindset as me, from seeing that first and then deciding that: 1) someone should probably comment with a link to the updates and 2) that I don't need this mod because I already have one.

I have mixed emotions about how you phrased this. Mainly because on your post you mention BPS's career and how she's not updating it. But on her site she does explicitly mention that while she's on hiatus her specific friend that she has specifically granted permission is updating her mods for everyone's use. This comes off to me that one person, who has been on it with updates, has the right tweak her mod and if necessary copy & paste it should the sims 4 update in a way that breaks it--I genuinely don't know how to make mods and I understand more work probably goes into it than how I've phrased this. Thus it makes perfect sense that anyone who knows about Rex/Konansock or goes to the BPS site will read that info and comment that, her mods are being updated and how to find them.

But I also understand that you are proud of your work and want people to try your stuff and enjoy it. I'm not going to lie, I read up only to the BPS shout out of your post then immediately went to comments to see if someone had already let you know that if your goal was to update this, then someone is already handling it with the creator's permission. And when I saw your response, I went back to the mod view and was like, this is pretty much BPS's mod so it's not different from other mods. Then I looked at the other modelling career mod that came out. And even though I already have a functioning modelling mod in my game, the other mod would add something new to my game because the BPS fashion mod does not go that route. So I also have mixed emotions about your response there as well.

If this mod makes you happy, then BE happy. But maybe add something on your description saying or maybe even linking to Rex/Konansock's updates because the mod is being updated. That is pretty much the only reason why I commented. And maybe my suggestion won't fix the problem but maybe it might help? You are of course free to disagree with me. My thoughts and feelings won't be the same as other people's feeling and thought,


Thanks for your detailed response, I understand what you’re saying. However, linking to other people’s work takes away from mine, it’s like well there’s this mod but hey here’s a “better” so go elsewhere first before you get this one.

Our mods are totally different, of course. Theirs are more “playable” where as mine is a rabbit hole. It did annoy me when the other link was posted because it just makes it seem like my effort wasn’t necessary because there’s something else out there that’s similar.

I don’t feel the need to link to the updated BPS mod in my own description, the link is already in my comment thread now so if people want that, they can go there. I only mentioned BPS mod in the first place as it was a requirement for submission, as it was the first career about this industry made, so not an original idea. Obviously I want people to choose my creation over others, that’s just how things like this are 😜 At the time of posting I didn’t know there was an updated version of BPS, I just got the link to hers and posted.

I’m trying not to detract from my own work because It’s disheartening. If people want to download my creation then I’d be thrilled. If they choose not to and choose others over mine, that’s cool too.

Thanks for your comment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhanghel
Does this work with seasons?


I haven’t got seasons, so I don’t know. However I don’t see why it wouldn’t. If you’re going to test with seasons, please let me know if it does or doesn’t work.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:22 AM
seasons broke all custom careers pretty sure it doesn't work. don't really wanna try and break my game
Page 1 of 3