MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newcrest Campus

by wouterfan Posted 29th Dec 2019 at 9:31 PM - Updated 30th Dec 2019 at 8:53 PM by wouterfan : Install instructions + clarification
44 Comments / replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
INSTALLATION
Place both files called Slot_00000999.save and Slot_00000999.save.ver0 here: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves

Welcome Students!

Newcrest Campus is now open for both Foxbury and UBrite students. Both schools have got their own new neigbourhoods. Since Britechester got a bigger stream of students than they could handle, new students flocked to Newcrest. Newcrest is now a place where Professors live in their beautiful estates, and where the best Sororities throw the biggest parties. Join either Foxbury's Galba Nypso Nypso or UBrite's Alma Yupso and show your school pride! If they won't let you join you, you can always visit the bar in the UBrite neighbourhood or the Nightclub in Foxbury.

Wanna live with friends or by yourself? There are functioning apartmentblocks, student flats and dorms!

All students have their own stories to tell and secrets to keep. Even the Professors have a few things they don't want anyone to find out...

I can't wait till your graduation day!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys!

Building this world took a lot of work. I hope you will like this. Please, let me know what you think .
The apartments are functioning, and the sororities are using the group system from Get Together.

Lastly i want to credit TwistedMexi. I used the T.O.O.L mod to death in this world just so that i could transform the world into something like Britechester.
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** This savefile contains the usual unedited Sims 4 worlds. I only built a campus in Newcrest. The rest of the worlds are left untouched.

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4 Get to Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University + 8 GPs + 14 SPs
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Newcrest Campus.rar

Size: 9.46 MB · Downloads: 15,046 · 30th Dec 2019
9.46 MB 15,046 30th Dec 2019
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
 
44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 11:20 PM
Thanks for this, but some might be confused as to where to put the file after downloading it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 2:19 AM
Default help
Quote:
Originally Posted by byondinfinit
Thanks for this, but some might be confused as to where to put the file after downloading it.


where do we put it??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 4:11 AM
Oh, a uni it looks so good in Newcrest... I can't believe haha <3
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 4:26 AM
wow this is great, thank you! i can't wait to use it, but i have no idea where to install it lol. help!

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 4:30 AM
Default It's a save file...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiblair
where do we put it??


This download is a save file so place it amongst the saves. Save your OG game first just to be safe.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 5:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPiano
This download is a save file so place it amongst the saves. Save your OG game first just to be safe.

This is a save file, put it in the save folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katgyrl
wow this is great, thank you! i can't wait to use it, but i have no idea where to install it lol. help!


Hi there! I'm so sorry. I forgot to mention that.

To play with this, install the save file here: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves
The file is called Slot_00000999.save so that it won't override any other saves in your game.

Please, let me know if you can't make it work so i can help
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 2:34 PM
Quote:
Building this world took a lot of work. I hope you will like this. Please, let me know what you think .


This is... something. Who does live in there? I see in map view that it has some neighboors.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
This is... something. Who does live in there? I see in map view that it has some neighboors.


Hi,

There are students living in the dorms and a few professors, as mentioned in the description.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 6:21 PM
Hi, I tried downloading this today but when i put the file in my saves folder it doesn't seem to show up in game. Im not sure if im doing anything wrong. But id love for this to work hope someone can help. thankyou in advance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emexlie
Hi, I tried downloading this today but when i put the file in my saves folder it doesn't seem to show up in game. Im not sure if im doing anything wrong. But id love for this to work hope someone can help. thankyou in advance


Hi there!

That's strange... I tried it again myself by emptying my saves folder and adding the downloaded file in the saves file. Are you sure you only put the .save file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves.

So:
1. Download the file.
2. Open the downloaded file
3. Inside, you'll see a file called Slot_00000999.save
4. Place this file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves

That is what works for me.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouterfan
Hi there!

That's strange... I tried it again myself by emptying my saves folder and adding the downloaded file in the saves file. Are you sure you only put the .save file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves.

So:
1. Download the file.
2. Open the downloaded file
3. Inside, you'll see a file called Slot_00000999.save
4. Place this file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves

That is what works for me.


I also emptied my saves folder and put that file where it should be and in game it wouldn't give me the option to load any save. So im not sure what the problem is, and or anyone else has occured the same problem as i did.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emexlie
I also emptied my saves folder and put that file where it should be and in game it wouldn't give me the option to load any save. So im not sure what the problem is, and or anyone else has occured the same problem as i did.

`
Do you have all the packs of the game? Maybe that's the issue. I wonder if anyone else has an idea what could cause the problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:32 PM
Beautiful!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouterfan
`
Do you have all the packs of the game? Maybe that's the issue. I wonder if anyone else has an idea what could cause the problem.


I Do own all packs so that shouldn't be the problem. I tried adding the file to my existing saves but then it doesn't show up either. and it's only supposed to be one file? cause most of my files have like 2 each. i'm not sure im no expert in save files xd. Maybe you could email me the file maybe it somehow corrupts when i try to extract the files? Thanks already for trying to help me out
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 8:04 PM
I posted like you said, in the saves as save file slot_00000999.save but it's not showing up
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 8:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emexlie
I Do own all packs so that shouldn't be the problem. I tried adding the file to my existing saves but then it doesn't show up either. and it's only supposed to be one file? cause most of my files have like 2 each. i'm not sure im no expert in save files xd. Maybe you could email me the file maybe it somehow corrupts when i try to extract the files? Thanks already for trying to help me out


The savefile only contained 1 version. I checked and even though there was only 1 file, it showed up in my game.
Now, I updated the savefile so that there would be 2 files in the download.
So i would suggest to redownload the file, then place both Slot_00000999.save and Slot_00000999.save.ver0 in your saves folder. I hope it'll work for you now
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouterfan
The savefile only contained 1 version. I checked and even though there was only 1 file, it showed up in my game.
Now, I updated the savefile so that there would be 2 files in the download.
So i would suggest to redownload the file, then place both Slot_00000999.save and Slot_00000999.save.ver0 in your saves folder. I hope it'll work for you now


Thankyou for reuploading but this didn't change anything i sadly still can't seem to have it show up in my game. I was wondering when you load your game how does it show up is it loaded with sims you play with cause i was thinking it might not show up cause the save isn't linked to a sim/family. Maybe if you link the save to a particular sim in that world i could open it aswell. let me know your thoughts on it and how it looks for you. thankyou very much
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emexlie
Thankyou for reuploading but this didn't change anything i sadly still can't seem to have it show up in my game. I was wondering when you load your game how does it show up is it loaded with sims you play with cause i was thinking it might not show up cause the save isn't linked to a sim/family. Maybe if you link the save to a particular sim in that world i could open it aswell. let me know your thoughts on it and how it looks for you. thankyou very much


The save is linked to the Can't Stand-Off household. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I hope someone else has an idea. I'm so sorry i can't help you. I could send it to you in different way maybe, you can send me a PM whenever.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:03 AM
Wow, what a clever use for this map! I literally never know what the heck to do with Newcrest.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 11:21 AM
It appears to me in games saved as newcrest campus
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouterfan
The save is linked to the Can't Stand-Off household. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I hope someone else has an idea. I'm so sorry i can't help you. I could send it to you in different way maybe, you can send me a PM whenever.


i sent you a private message, thanks for all the help already
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 4:43 PM
This looks SO awesome!! TYSM!!! I'm so excited about it that I literally (right here) stopped mid-thanks post to play... Unfortunately the family I tried to play (Elliot Something-or-Another, I think) couldn't get to his classes I'm so bummed, but I will continue to test to see if I can figure out the issue. I'll update this post within a few hours with what I figure out (if I figure anything out, that is...)
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 8:28 PM
Just a thought for people struggling - this will be an entirely new save and will show up if you press "load" not "play". This won't add this neighbourhood to any of your current saves
Page 1 of 2