Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Pitstop Valley | Base Game Neighbourhood | No CC

by cutupuss Posted 26th Feb 2020 at 9:44 PM
 
61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 11:15 PM
Great idea for a village. I really like it. Unfortunately I need a shopping district now as I have been playing West Weasels for several months now. I don't suppose this gem could be used for a shopping district without change - could it?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 12:11 AM
Wow! I really like this, it's creative and gives such a unique vibe compared to many other 'hoods - thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 1:52 AM
Looks like a fun place, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 2:08 AM
And here I thought Strangetown was ... strange. I can't wait to play Pitstop Valley complete with lots and inhabitants!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
27th Feb 2020 at 2:25 AM
This message has been deleted by Zoltan3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 2:33 AM
Looks interesting, it would make a fun shopping n-hood.
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandya
Great idea for a village. I really like it. Unfortunately I need a shopping district now as I have been playing West Weasels for several months now. I don't suppose this gem could be used for a shopping district without change - could it?

You could convert it following this guiide

I need a cigarette
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 8:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandya
Great idea for a village. I really like it. Unfortunately I need a shopping district now as I have been playing West Weasels for several months now. I don't suppose this gem could be used for a shopping district without change - could it?


Someone managed to do it for new Arlestown so I’ll definitely look into it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 8:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSympathies
Wow! I really like this, it's creative and gives such a unique vibe compared to many other 'hoods - thank you!


Thank you! I wanted to try something different with a desert town
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamreg
And here I thought Strangetown was ... strange. I can't wait to play Pitstop Valley complete with lots and inhabitants!


Thank you! And yes my aim was to create another hood with a history to it, as well as also creating a nice place to leave in the rarely used desert terrain
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:26 AM
This is so inspiring, I love it!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 11:35 PM Last edited by grammapat : 1st Mar 2020 at 1:12 AM.
I'm a sucker for pre-populated hoods! So I have to try this. I am missing the usual "back stories"; other hoods (yours too!) have more of a story, and story lines for the Sims.
EDIT: my bad; the individuals DO have stories & "set-ups". And as usual, sometimes I follow through with them, and sometimes not. "You want to propose to the lady standing next to you? She's wearing a stupid hat, and you don't even LIKE hats. Tell her to leave & play the field."

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 2:17 AM
Laughing out loud with this neighbourhood. Very funny! Good job. Get hitch quick is my favourite.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 7:16 AM
Loving this! I've been very interested in the community that small ""hick"" towns can foster when there isn't homophobia and racism abounds, so this town is so perfect for that vibe! Thanks for making it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 12:43 PM
Why Base Game though?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 12:54 PM
That overuse of that Fireplace though like why is it there instead of the Gas Station pumps?
Also the dreadfull execution of the collapsed lots just makes this more sour...
Quite a few of the empty houses dont have a bathroom and kitcheen wich is inexcusable
Also that Tiny Lot could have used some Terrain paint just saying
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 4:45 PM
I find this neigborhood looks like little town somewhere in Cansas or Arizona by the way of route 66. Wild life, chirping cicadas, tumbleweed plants. Do make a sim with cowboy shirt and he will not even has a great choice to live in here ^_^ Because there is just one starter LoL
Vic ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturchomicz
That overuse of that Fireplace though like why is it there instead of the Gas Station pumps?
Also the dreadfull execution of the collapsed lots just makes this more sour...
Quite a few of the empty houses dont have a bathroom and kitcheen wich is inexcusable
Also that Tiny Lot could have used some Terrain paint just saying


There isn't gas station pumps in the base game, at least not that I knew. I also made this with just the sims 2 base game which doesn't save all furniture when you exit a lot you've built, some of the empty houses are actually part of Tristan Legends story in which he is in the process of building new lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
I find this neigborhood looks like little town somewhere in Cansas or Arizona by the way of route 66. Wild life, chirping cicadas, tumbleweed plants. Do make a sim with cowboy shirt and he will not even has a great choice to live in here ^_^ Because there is just one starter LoL
Vic ^_^


Thank you! I definitely did want to go for that cowboy, barren town in the desert vibe. And yes It's a bit like a little town on the side of route 66 :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturchomicz
Why Base Game though?


More people downloaded my base game hood compared to my hood that had expansions with it, I also got a lot of comments and messages about New Arlestown from people saying they wish they could play it but didn't have a pack required etc.

I also just like the nostalgia of the base game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I'm a sucker for pre-populated hoods! So I have to try this. I am missing the usual "back stories"; other hoods (yours too!) have more of a story, and story lines for the Sims.


Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Girl
Laughing out loud with this neighbourhood. Very funny! Good job. Get hitch quick is my favourite.


Yes! I was inspired by las vegas small registers where you can just go there and get married that night.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 6:57 PM
Wanted to thank you because I love this hood so much. Sims are unique but still in my own playstyle, stories are great and I am in love with lots. Pitstop Valley is compact and cute and my new favorite hood to play with! Thank you for all hard work you did with it
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 7:16 PM Last edited by sandya : 11th Mar 2020 at 8:29 PM.
Default Thanks for the advice and link
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutupuss
Someone managed to do it for new Arlestown so I’ll definitely look into it!


I have probably gone too far with my game; though it started out as an empty game. Already the game is creating random NCPs in shop etc. I'll do my very best to recreate a hood like yours, because I like it so much.

I see the tutorial is one by Mootilda. What a genius. We certainly lost a great one there. I have saved the info as a document and will make a try on a whole neighborhood next time i get bored and want to start over again. Again thanks so much for answering.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 7:30 PM
⚠️NOTICE⚠️ My friend SarahSmiles pointed out a few things to me such as how everyone has random turn on’s and turn off’s. Just like the maxis premade hoods, this is simply because the base game didn’t have turn ons and turn offs, and so any expansion pack installed after university will randomly generate turn ons/offs for everyone. This is a downside to making base game hoods as well as this, the story telling screen might locate another hoods image and use that instead of a blank screen, this links with the reason why I didn’t add a storytelling gallery. I learned the hard way with Asheville that the way the later games after the base game handles the storytelling folder is completely different, so if I had made all of the storytelling images, you wouldn’t see them in the ultimate collection. If you’re looking for the best intended experience possible, I’d suggest playing it with the base game only. But of course, who would do that.
Page 1 of 3