Functioning Toddler Playpen
The playpen itself is in echo-playpen.zip. It is the blue and white one with the multi-coloured blocks and magenta ball. The other recolours are in the echo-playpen-recolours.zip file.
There is a slight jump in the animations for putting in and getting out the toddlers. I tried several different in-game animations for this process, and this is the least disruptive one I could find. It's not really a concerning jump, just a tiny little one.
- As long as your toddler's stats are reasonably high, he or she will sit happily in the playpen, apparently enjoying the general ambience.
- The pen is unescapable. It doesn't matter if your toddler can break out of his crib, he's staying in here.
- While toddlers can sleep in their playpen, they don't like it! They won't sleep unless they're absolutely exhausted, they'll whinge about it first, and even when they're asleep you shouldn't expect it to last long. He or she should wake up again when fatigue gets back to around -20.
To preempt some questions:
- The playpen has been tested both with and without the EP, and seems to work fine in both.
- The object is recolourable in two parts: the pen itself and the toys/decorations. You are free to recolour it and redistribute your recolours however and wherever you like.
- I'm a very bad mesher. If you would like to use the code in the object to create your own mesh for a new toddler set, you are free and welcome to do so.
- It comes in at 448 polys, with 439 vertices.
- The pen can only be used by one toddler at a time. If you want multiple toddlers in a pen, I suggest just making a pen out of fencing.
- The toys are just for decoration and variety. The kid is completely oblivious to their existance.
- The pen is based on the crib, but has gone through several modifications along the way.
If you should happen to discover any bugs, please let me know asap.
Finally, thanks go to my two beta-testers, Aenene and Mardilise, who were very helpful in confirming that it would run both with and without the EP.
Enjoy everyone and have a spiffy day!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 126.3 KB · Downloads: 76,800 · 26th Jun 2005
Size: 174.2 KB · Downloads: 93,643 · 26th Jun 2005
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11