Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*
'RACE CAR' KID BEDROOM SET
*For ANY GAME! GLS is NO MORE required!*
02 JAN 2007 - MAJOR UPDATE!
- Since Maxis released this set on the Exchange, making it available for anyone (not only for GLS owners), I've completely rebuilt the entire set, making it usable in any game, including the base-game only. In other words, GLS IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!
- The updated items include the "official" catalog descriptions recently provided by Maxis.
- The Desk released by Maxis now has a drawer cabinet; I liked the no-cabinet desk, so I decided to release a special Desk version with an optional cabinet: you choose whether you want it or not! See animated screenshot below.
- Unlike the "official" Maxis release, this set contains all the recolours for all the objects.
- Base-game and pre-FFS users can finally have the rug, the small armoire and the small dresser!
- Hopefully, this reworked set should solve any problem related to missing objects from the catalog; I've personally tested ALL the objects in my base-game (using the BaseGameStarter), and they all work perfectly.
- Fixed a bug of the ToyBox: now your sims can correctly put away the toys and join other sims already playing; pre-FFS users need THIS GLOBAL FIX in order to make it work! Read the explanations and the game requirements in the said thread.
The file "MaxisLost_RaceCarSet_ALL-GAMES.rar" contains the entire set, that works in any game, including Pets. But the standard bed isn't usable by pets, so I provided a special PETS version of the bed in the file "MaxisLost_RaceCarSingleBed_PETS.rar". Use the Pets version only in a Pets game!
The new files have the same names and GUIDs of the older ones, so they will overwrite the previous versions.
02 OCT 2006: UPDATE - Some users couldn't see the Bed in the catalog. Download the new version to fix the problem (thanks DementedMom for testing). If you never had problems with the Bed, you don't need to redownload.
18 SEPT 2006: UPDATE - Some users couldn't see the End Table and the Toy Box in the catalog. Download the new version to fix the problem (thanks Xianah for testing).
Warning: the new End Table and the new Toy Box are not compatible with the previous versions: if you didn't have any problem, you don't need to re-download (if you do, your endtables and toyboxes will revert to other Maxis objects, and you have to sell and re-buy them)
18 SEPT 2006: UPDATE - The "Collection" file now includes also the new versions, and a *new themed icon*, too.
11 SEPT 2006: FIX - No more flashing blue clothings in the armoire.
Thanks to Haveloc for having tracked down and fixed the bug.
05 SEPT 2006: FIX - Now all the items are correctly recolourable + Fixed flashing blue bed
This is probably the most sensational "Maxis Lost & Found" ever
Hidden in the Glamour Life Pack there was an entire "lost" set, composed by:
- Single bed
- End table
- 2x1 rug
- Small armoire
- Small dresser
- Wall-hanging flags
- Table lamp
- Toy box
The whole set is recolourable and comes in 4 colours (red, blue, purple and white); some items have an additional "chequered" recolour. Only the end table comes in only 1 colour (it's just a pile of tires... ); but anyway I managed to make it recolourable.
All these items require Glamour Life Stuff to work.
Installation: just extract the to your Downloads folder. For your convenience, I've prepared also a "Collection" to hold together all the 'Race Car' items. The "Collection" file must be extracted and put into your "Collection" folder, NOT in the Downloads!
CREDITS: all the meshes and textures are by Maxis; I've created the packages, rebuilding the missing items and fixing the existing files, so to make the objects buyable from the catalog.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 522.3 KB · Downloads: 6,201 · 2nd Jan 2007
Size: 2.08 MB · Downloads: 9,409 · 2nd Jan 2007
Size: 2.3 KB · Downloads: 14,274 · 31st Aug 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 9