Recoloured Louis skins for default PlantSim replacements - Updated
People have been asking for other replacement options for the PlantSim, and one or two (to my knowledge) have wanted them to be Louis/SimCribbling skins... including me, since I use them everywhere else. So I decided to have a go at recolouring them myself.
If you're expecting added planty textures like the Maxis skin or Enayla's work you'll be disappointed - I'm just not talented enough to pull it off (although I did try, didn't work out too well though). Feel free to add them yourselves if you want, but for now it's just a simple recolour of her yellow-green alien skin. Still it works, at least I think so I've included the normal and wilt colours, although I look after them too well, so if any of you can get them wilted and voice your opinions on the colouring that'd be great
Special thanks go to PinStruck for the eyes (and advice on the colouring), IAmTheRad for the original replacement package and of course Louis herself for her great skins and generous recolouring policy :D
Original Alien (yellow-green) skin by Louis: http://louis.new21.net/
Eyes by PinStruck: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=18929
Original idea/replacement package (which I pulled apart in order to put this together) by IAmTheRad: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222329
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 1.91 MB · Downloads: 1,163 · 4th Apr 2007
Size: 1.76 MB · Downloads: 1,710 · 12th Mar 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sammy79 also recommends you check the following:
Spinach -- A transparent plantsim default replacement
Modified Louis Default and custom skins for Plantsims
UPDATE!! Default replacement for Plantsims - Eve Skintone Recolor
Idolatry of Foliage - Plantsim Default Replacement
Plantsim defaults using Enayla skins